Start by marking “Epilogue” as Want to Read:
Epilogue

Epilogue

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
ep·i·logue: an ending that serves as a comment on or conclusion to what has happened.

Climate change, natural disaster, war and disease threaten to destroy all we know. Predictions of the future are bleak. But does the apocalypse really mean the end of the world? Is there no hope for a future that follows?

Twelve writers take on the end of the world and go beyond, to what co
Published June 1st 2012 by FableCroft Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Epilogue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Epilogue

Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Guy Salvidge
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Epilogue is the latest offering from Fablecroft Publishing, an Australian small speculative fiction press that specialises in themed spec fic anthologies. For this volume, editor Tehani Wessely has chosen a strong cast of notable Australian writers as well as one stray Swede, Kaia Landelius. Originally titled “Apocalypse Hope”, Epilogue asks ‘what happens after the apocalypse?’ Many of the stories herein have an optimistic bent to uplift us from the all-too-dystopian world we live in. Epilogue i ...more
Pete Aldin
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful anthology. A real surprise, one of those impulse buys that really paid off. The range of variations on a theme demonstrated the brilliance of the book's subject matter as well as the wealth of talent out there at the moment. If you're expecting 12 Zombie stories, nothing could be further from what I discovered in here...

David McDonald's "Cold Comfort" took me back to the kinds of scifi adventure I read in my youth and my 20s; the kind of brave (and tough) new world tale that cap
Maree Kimberley
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a great short story collection this is! Expertly curated and edited by Tehani Wessely, Epilogue shines a light on a myriad of possibilities of 'and then what happened?' after a human apocolypse. The authors each approach this idea from a different angle, and it is the range of depth of ideas that gives this collection its strength.

Naturally, I had my own personal favourites. I really loved 'What Books Survive' by Tansy Rayner Roberts and 'Solitary' by Dave Luckett, as well as the fun take o
Rick Keuning
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Epilogue is a great Anthology. It's only the second Australian made themed anthology that I've read and it teases me to read more. Every story left an impression on me.

Sleepy Beauty: Don't know if I understand, still thinking.

A Memory Trapped in Light: The stories not finished, I want to know what happened next.

Time and Tide: Amazing concepts, great characters, confusing ending.

Fireflies: A slice of post apocalyptic life.

The Fletcher Test: There is hope after all.

Ghosts: Just to survive is not e
Natalie Hennessy
Jun 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
Took me long enough to finish, but I go there in the end. First of all, I loved that all of the authors were Australian since I personally don't read a lot of Australian authors.
The short stories were hit and miss for me. I especially liked Time and Tide, The Fletcher Test, Sleepers, What Books Survive. Really liked the theme of 'hope' at the end and throughout each and every story. All in all, a great book.
Nicole
If I could I'd go with 4 1/2 stars. I really enjoyed the theme hope after the apocalypse. Led to intriguing stories. Overall a lot of strong stories that linger with the reader after the book is closed.
Favourites in no particular order: A Memory Trapped in Light (Jo Anderton), What Books Survive (Tansy Rayner Roberts),Fireflies (Steve Cameron) and The Fletcher Test (Dirk Flinthart).
Liz
There are some really stand-out stories in this anthology for me, such as Thoraiya Dyer's "Sleeping Beauty" and Tansy Rayner Roberts' "What Books Survive". It's wonderful to see some hopeful post-apocalypse tales!
Kaia Landelius
Sep 02, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't rate a book I'm in but I need to add it or fail my books read challenge even more. I read it! I liked it! It still gets no grade. Sadface.
Dave Versace
Aug 15, 2016
Michelle
Jul 01, 2012
Tehani
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mark Webb
Sally Koetsveld
Lauredhel
Jessica
Stephanie
May 30, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Pat