Start by marking “One Enchanted Evening: A Fairy Tale for Real People” as Want to Read:
One Enchanted Evening: A Fairy Tale for Real People

One Enchanted Evening: A Fairy Tale for Real People

In old fairy tales the boy was handsome and rich and brave; the girl was young and thin and docile. The boy performed an extraordinary feat and proved he was worthy of her love. They walked into the sunset and lived happily ever. That's all very nice, but how many women in the 21st century, balancing career and relationships, still believe getting a pretty boy at the end o ...more
Published November 30th 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about One Enchanted Evening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Enchanted Evening

Pamela D
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
I received this book through the GoodReads First Reads giveaway program.

A single mom with a dead end but with a good heart finds a Prada bag filled with money. This discovery leads her to her dreams.

This book started off with so much promise. It starts off with the main character I (I don't think we ever learn her name) having a hum drum day and then she discovers a huge bag of money! Unlike a typical chick lit book, she spends about $2000 on frivolous things and then feels bad about it. She the
Marci
Aug 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclosure: I received a free copy courtesy of the author, via GoodReads First Reads. Also, I hate spoilers of any type and usually try to avoid them, so this review maybe vague. That's how I role. Deal with it.

So, I read this book over the course of a period of time where I was working an irrational amount of hours in a small time. I work in theater so my hours can be really weird like that depending on the week, and this was a perfect book for that.

Fairy tales, as I think of it, are supposed t
Dana
Sep 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads
A forty-ish year old single mother of a son (Adam), lives in Hollywood barely making ends meet. She finds a Prada bag one evening after working late as an accountant, and decides its her time to make some changes in life. Most of the changes are things that she's had in mind for a long while, but never had the means to do anything about. So, the whole story revolves around her finding this large sum of money and how it can improve her life, as well as her sons.

A few things that were a bit odd:
George
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
The plot is good and the author kept my attention. The conversations between characters, however, needed some shoring up. It got pretty dicey with who was actually talking some of the time.

The main character is supposedly dramatic, according to her and the other characters, but is static through and through. She is the same person at the end of the book as she was at the beginning. Her actions and thoughts of herself never did match up.

The one character I liked, and wanted to play a bigger role
Meg
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Despite numerous difficulties with the editing (most notable being dropped words) the development of the main character as she undergoes a life-changing moment is engaging. I hope the author's next work receives better editing.
J. Liliana
Aug 16, 2013
Suzanne
rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2013
Kate Zeng
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Folashade
Lisa Ranf
Diana Senn
Sue
  • Paris in April
  • The Wound of Knowledge: Christian Spirituality from the New Testament to St. John of the Cross
  • Tómas Jónsson: Metsölubók
  • What Child Is This?: A Christmas at Bremmer's Novel
  • Shine
  • Guilty Thing: A Life of Thomas De Quincey
  • Humility Is the New Smart: Rethinking Human Excellence in the Smart Machine Age
  • Priestblock 25487: a Memoir of Dachau
  • Miss Darcy's Beaux: A Persuasion, Mansfield Park and Pride and Prejudice Continuation (Austeniana, #1)
  • Hoofing It
  • Devastation Road
  • Never Summer: A Samurai Western
  • Unhappily Ever After; Fairy Tales with a Twist
  • Before The War
  • Back to Normal: The Overlooked, Ordinary Explanations for Kids' ADHD-, Bipolar-, and Autistic- Like Behavior
  • The Boy Who Loved Me