Start by marking “Killer Web Content: Make the Sale, Deliver the Service, Build the Brand” as Want to Read:
Killer Web Content: Make the Sale, Deliver the Service, Build the Brand

Killer Web Content: Make the Sale, Deliver the Service, Build the Brand

On the Internet, if you're not read, you're dead. Written by an internationally-acclaimed specialist in this field, Killer Web Content gives you the strategies and practical techniques you need to get the very best out of your Web content. Accessible, concise and practical, it will make your website really work for you.

This book helps readers to: - provide visitors to thei
Published December 5th 2008 by A&C Black (first published September 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Killer Web Content, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Web Content

Start your review of Killer Web Content: Make the Sale, Deliver the Service, Build the Brand
Tamara
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who liked "Non-Designer's Design Book"
A good introduction for how to write more effectively for the web.

Especially liked the concept of finding your patrons/users/clients "carewords". I am still struggling to get an idea of what patrons care about and how they would describe it in words.

Wish there were a newer edition, however.

Useful advice:

-Read every page of your website at least every 12 months.
-Define your customers carewords and then use them in your content.
-Use "you" instead of "we". Be sure that all of your content is
Jan
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
In 2018 this 2006 book is outdated. 3 stars because many of the things he said back then are still true. However, it is outdated because these ideas, maybe even his ideas (who knows?), have spread far and wide and have become common sense.
Robert Bogue
Writing content is easy. Well at least it is for me. I learned how to become a production writer while I was working full-time at a consulting company before I restarted my company. I was responsible for 50 articles a year for a newsletter for TechRepublic.com (one a week). At the same time I was still writing for Developer.com and other publications. I was working full time and cranking out articles at the rate of over 75 per year. It was a crazy time and like a few other times in my life, slee ...more
Yana Kiselyova
Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: content
Favorites:

Originally, press releases were not meant to be published.

Jeff Beroz (Amazon.com): Branding is what people say about you when you leave the room.

Publish a website you can manage.

You need to be productive, not busy, as you will increasingly be measured by the results you deliver, not the time you’ve spent delivering them.

Content needs to drive action.

You can’t have great content if you don’t have great thinking.

Words drive actions on the Web.

The essence oа great publishing is about gett
Jessica
Jul 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who write for the Web and their managers
McGovern covered most of this in the two-day seminar of his that I attended, so for me it was a bit repetitive, but that's fine because it's very important information for Web writers.

His writing is very clear and engaging. Of the many ideas I took away from the book and the seminar, one of the most meaningful for me was this: The difference between traditional marketing and Web marketing is the difference between getting attention and giving attention.

If more people followed his advice, using t
Matty Pants
Dec 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those new to writing for the Web
Gerry McGovern does a good job of identifying the major differences between writing online and offline copy. He also touches on the basics of formatting and publishing search-friendly documents to the Web. Certain minor inaccuracies in the book regarding search engine optimization (SEO) are compensated by how he addresses Web findability in general; alongside usability.

3.5 stars from me.
Matthew Edward
Dec 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those new to writing for the Web

3.5 stars from me.
Lee
Apr 09, 2009 rated it liked it
I have learned that your site needs "care words." These are words that your potential customers would enter when doing a search. I have also learned more about headings, titles and tags that help make your site more visible to the spiders and robots.
Joanne
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Used to help develop strategies and techniques for compelling web content.
Yasheve
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Must Read for anyone using the Internet as an income stream.
Kristeen
Jul 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: web-or-marketing
It came free with the Customer-Centric Websites masterclass.
Nicola
Dec 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Thinking with Type
  • Building Microservices: Designing Fine-Grained Systems
  • Armageddon in Retrospect: And Other New and Unpublished Writings on War and Peace
  • Musica. Un'interpretazione psicoanalitica di un caso di frigidità
  • My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, Vol. 1 (My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, #1)
  • Black Mischief
  • 50 Literature Ideas You Really Need to Know
  • Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works
  • Start Your Own Freelance Writing Business and More: Copywriter, Proofreader, Copy Editor, Journalist
  • A Year with Nature: An Almanac
  • Web Copy That Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
  • Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing for Business
  • Field Guide for Science Writers: The Official Guide of the National Association of Science Writers (Revised)
  • Start Your Own Blogging Business: Generate Income from Advertisers, Subscribers, Merchandising and More
  • Editing Made Easy: Simple Rules for Effective Writing