Start by marking “Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror” as Want to Read:
Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror

Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror

(Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror)

Death of Despair: Mike wakes up alone one night in his condo. Then his past loves begin to visit him, each, they say, in their dreams. But what Mike does not know is that he has stumbled into a very evil nightmare from which there is no waking.

Revenge: Ted's girlfriend suddenly dumps him and he just doesn't think that is right. So he decides to kill her, in a very strange
Published October 1st 1997 by Simon Pulse (first published October 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror

Rebecca McNutt
This book was a great collection, full of varied and equally creepy little stories. I loved it; each of these stories is certainly worth reading. :)
Shira
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
this was my third favorite book in middle school. the misogynistic story where the woman lies about being raped helped form a lot of the awful beliefs I held back then until I learned better.
Kathryn
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great collection, especially for those of you, who, like me grew up reading Pike's books in his heyday. Bring on the nostalgia.

The first story, "Death of Despair," had an hard to like main protagonist, but a creepy premise. Mike wakes up after a party, and everyone feels just a little bit off. One by one his ex-girlfriends come to visit him, informing him that they are seeing him in their dreams, hinting that he has died. The twist on this one is really killer, and it was one of my fav
Aneesch
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful
Rina Hidayati
Many of longtime fans’ Christoper Pike will think that this story originated with Remember Me ( The story before), and it’s possible the Author was influenced by it because the Author had only recently reread the book when He decided to write “Death of despair.” In either case He think the origin of Death of despair was simply a recurring image of Mike waking up alone and having no idea what was happening. He often wake up like that himself, But He do not know young women as dreamy as Penny, Lin ...more
PurplyCookie
"Death of Despair" >> A guy wakes up and is told he's dead and must move on...but is it really happening? a terrifying nightmare which is all too real, in more ways than one.

"The Fan From Hell" >> An amazing short story that was a semi-sequel to Pike's "Master of Murder". Pike leads the reader in many twists and turns. Even though Pike insists Marvin isn't suppose to be based on him, I still think a portion of Marvin has Pike's brilliance and personality.

"The Last Dawn" >> What
Rozeq
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have become fond of Christopher Pike's books. They are books that refuse to be let go of, and since they are small, you won't get overwhelmed, as I do at times. Every page is a different mystery, different outcome, but it is still possible to keep track of all characters.

At first, I did not think this book would have individualized stories until I realized the plot was sped up. You must be a little mature when reading this book at times though. There are six tales in all. Many of the tales ha
Cassi
Jun 27, 2011 rated it liked it
So, I have slowly been letting go of all my YA books as people have been asking for them, but trying to give them one last read first. Anyway, this one brought me back, good ol' Christopher Pike with cheesy high school stereotype characters, some morbid but creative premise, and all the character hormones raging enough to make a big mess. I'm not so sure I should have been reading these when I was 8-10... eeks.
Nate Klayer
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I haven't gotten too far in this book i have only read maybe one story,but I am starting to get intrigued. The way this author writes 'Christopher Pike,' gives me chills. In a good way, it would be crazy if these things happen. i will really want to start reading these book some more.
Denis
Apr 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pike's writing is just so natural ... his thrillers are all simply brilliant stories told by a consummate storyteller.

This particular collection of short stories is entertaining for a quick read; I especially liked "The Fan From Hell".
Audrey
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
One of my favorite authors. Some stuff is brilliant, some is just bizarre.
Alana
Aug 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jri, purchased, 2014-reads
The 4th star is for the insight of his introductions. He calls himself a genius and says he never dated in high school. Wow.
Rose
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was creepy and fun.
Adebayo Adebomi
filled with suspense and intrigue. you never know whatsgoing to happen next. A very sho cking novel. Very intresting.
Sasha Enge
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
would have been 5stars, but the last story sucked! so I figured 4 great stories out of 5 makes 4stars : D
K.G. Reuss
Aug 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great book for a younger crowd. I grew up with Pike's books and loved every one of them.
Kayla Nicole
Dec 10, 2014
Peggy
Aug 24, 2012
Jul 11, 2012
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Prom Dress
  • Night of the Werecat (Ghosts of Fear Street, #12)
  • Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10)
  • My Best Friend's Boyfriend (Sweet Valley High, #87)
  • The Locker
  • Dream Date
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm

Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror (2 books)
  • Christopher Pike's Tales of Terror: Volume 2