Start by marking “Ezrah's Plateau: Legend of the Cemetery Witch” as Want to Read:
Ezrah's Plateau: Legend of the Cemetery Witch

Ezrah's Plateau: Legend of the Cemetery Witch

One hundred thirty-nine years ago, Maggie Morton found herself at the opposing end of a campaign to have her humiliated, ostracized and eventually hung for practicing witchcraft. She was buried in a shallow grave in the back of the local cemetery. Maggie's lonely spirit walks restless in the cemetery as she continues to search for someone to believe her story and expose th ...more
Published September 7th 2011 by Authorhouse

To ask other readers questions about Ezrah's Plateau, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ezrah's Plateau

Nancy
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to win this book from GoodReads First Reads giveaways.

This was a very enjoyable book. Although the plot is predictable the author is able to compensate with brisk writing and a story that flows very nicely.

The author sets the tone with characters who are believable and strong which I think helps the story to move along. I immensely enjoy a book in which the author is able to elicit some variant of emotion, whether it be dislike or liking a character. While reading Ezrah's
Catriona
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some People Are Scarier Than Witches and Ghosts

Although the plot of Ezrah's Plateau is centered on a spooky cemetery where a witch is buried, it's really about the secrets, corruption, and injustice of men. It's sure to appeal to readers who admire heroic women.

Angela Horne has displayed inquisitiveness and inspiring strength of will since a young age. After high school, she left town and went to college. This ordinary rite of passage was viewed as an act of defiance against the town's peculiar
Susan Angela Wallace
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ezrah's plateau by Jacqueline Mahan.
One hundred thirty-nine years ago, Maggie Morton found herself at the opposing end of a campaign to have her humiliated, ostracized and eventually hanged for practicing witchcraft. She was buried in a shallow grave in the back of the local cemetery. Maggie's lonely spirit walks restless in the cemetery as she continues to search for someone to believe her story and expose the truth behind her death.
Angela Horne is coming back to Ezrah's Plateau for the first t
Pat Eroh
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story of horror and horrible people who seek their own glory and do not follow what they preach. It will make you cry and cringe, or at least it did me. I was absolutely horrified although we all know of the history of these types of stories. These things actually happened and as a Christian (not Catholic), I am very sad these happened to stain the name of God.

Jeanne Richardson
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and I’m voluntarily leaving a review.

This is the 1st book I've read written by Jacqueline Mahan; she has done a great job at writing a good book. I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.
Jantine
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ezrah's Plateau fits more into the 'mysteries and thrillers' genre than in the 'horror' genre - although the place has a scary vibe for sure. The story has a fast pace, just the right amount of action and some great characters!

I received a free copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Tanya
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She was branded a witch and she was out to death. Her spirit now roams trying to find someone who can get others to believe she was not a witch. Follow her as she tries to find that person. Someone comes to town who may be the person to help at long last. See how this will go

Barb VanderWel
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Sue
Richard Hicks
Monica
Jan 21, 2014
  • The Immortal (The Immortal Series, #1–2)
  • The Zarder
  • The Lost Pearl
  • Pegasus Falling (The Cypress Branches, #1)
  • Hellbender
  • One Blood
  • South Toward Home: Adventures and Misadventures in my Native Land
  • The Ghosts of Nagasaki
  • The Lady in Red: An Eighteenth-Century Tale of Sex, Scandal, and Divorce
I am an artist, born and raised in New York. I produce work in oil, watercolor, acrylic, and colored pencil, which are often shown and sold in exhibitions. My artwork tends toward the beautiful and structured, specializing in portraits and still lifes, some illustrative, some painterly. As a visual arts educator, I served for more than twenty years in Nyack, NY.

I am a writer. I grew up with an old
“It wasn't without its struggle, believe me. I had to fend for myself in every respect.” 1 likes