Start by marking “Johnny Angel” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  5,195 Ratings  ·  318 Reviews
In her fifty-eighth bestselling novel, Danielle Steel tells the breathtaking story of a mother’s love and a son’s gift, of the tragedy that nearly destroyed a family...and the miracle that saved them.

Johnny Angel

With a word or a smile, seventeen-year-old Johnny Peterson could light up a room, fill his mother’s heart with pride, and inspire the best in those around him. A s
Published June 1st 2004 by Dell (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Johnny Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Johnny Angel

Andrea Guy
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Danielle Steel's Johnny Angel is a winner. This book should come with a box of tissues though, because to quote an old Bachrach and David song, "Anyone who had a heart" would not get through this book without shedding some tears. OK, without shedding a lot of tears.

This is the story of a teenager (Johnny) who's life is cut too short and how he comes back to help put his family and his girlfriend's family back together again, though only two people can see him, his mother and his younger brother.
Rena
Dec 05, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
OH my GOD. Don't read it.
Sarah ~
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
تدور حول شاب في السنة النهائية يقتل بحادث سيارة ليلة التخرج .. ويزور طيفه عائلته وأحبائه ..
رواية تعدكم بالكثير من البكاء ... و تؤكد أن الأمل دائما موجود..... وأنه بالصبر وتعاضد أفراد الأسرة نتجاوز الصعاب ..

جميلة وحزينة ...

أحببتها كثيرا .
Lexi
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who is most important to you? Has there ever been someone or something you cared about so much that you can barely breathe when you're with them? Time just seems to slip away and then before you know it everything has changed and all you ever cared about is gone.

In the book “Johnny Angel” by Danielle Steel, Johnny Peterson had the perfect life, the seventeen-year-old Johnny Peterson could light up a room, fill his mother’s heart with pride, and inspire the best in those around him. A star ath
Sababa
Sharyl
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't want to hear a word about this, I'm reading it because I needed a lunchtime book and this was what I could find.
Helena
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an emotional short story. It got even more emotional when I realised there's a dedication in the book to Danielle's son Nicky who died. Therefore it would be quite dumb of me to nitpick.
Sandie
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: heart-breaking
The first out of the two books that have ever made me literally cry while reading it...I don't know if it's that the subject matter hits home or the quality of the writing is just that good, but i remember reading this and, halfway through, lunging for a tissue. Such a sweet, sad, heartbreaking, yet beautiful story. I wish Danielle Steel would write another book like this.
Mona
Amazing ... this the best book I have read ever ...

life is so generous it always. Finds a way to make it up to us when we lose someone or something precious .. I think this is the message here .. and I like that Danielle chose the motherhood bond to deliver this message ..
you absolutely have to read this .. really it is great book :D

Chloe West
Jun 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO good. It was so sad though. I was crying the entire time. But I read it in a day.
Jacqueline
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, I read Danielle Steel. So sue me.

I spent part of every summer with a maiden aunt, whose taste in reading introduced me to Sidney Sheldon, Harold Robbins, Jeffrey Archer, Rona Jaffe, Cynthia Freeman and Judith Krantz. Because sometimes you just gotta. This one was lying around where I was recently, so I picked it up and gobbled it in a day like a bag of Bit'OHoneys.

You know what I liked most about Johnny Angel? The time frame could be anytime because there are no computers or cel phones anywh
Robin
Oct 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danielle-steel
Patricia
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is based on her real-life son's life. Having a chemical imbalance is a heart rending situation for any family. I think Steele tells us the bottom line truth. She is repetitive because the events in her son's life was repetitive.....that's how the sickness goes.....and these people with these kinds of difficulties need to be understood....thus her repetitive trying to help us "see" the situation.

I admire her for being open and telling THIS STORY.
Rinesa
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i read this book just for two days because i couldnt leave it it was really awesome ..It was a book that made me cry so many times.Even tho it was a book with imagination it was perfect . I really think everyone should read this because it is really an awesome book.And it kinds of tells that how nowadays men can even put in danger their children's life .
Kim
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Danielle. You make my eyes bleed. With your shallow writing style, repetition, and all those sentences that start with 'And'. It was all I could do to make myself finish the book. I gave it 2 stars instead of one because the story line could actually have been a good one....if someone else would have written the story.
Jackie Morrison
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Dont Read Many Books Like This ... Im More Of A Paranormal Or Murder Mystery ... This Book Was Absolutley Amazing I Caught Myself Crying More Than Once If You Get The Chance To Read This Book ... I Think You Will Agree That It Is Amazing !
Luna
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book for a school project and i really liked it! we had to choose wich book to read and i found it on my mum's bookshef so i read it! and i actiually enjoyed it! its so moving! i cried while reading it
Barb
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
absolutely one of my all time favourites, I just adore adore adore this book read it over and over they never made a movie of this one which suprises me... I adore it did I mention :-) A mothers love transcends this mortal world read it and find out... truely beautiful
Jamie Yates
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When my best friend Jeffery was killed in a car wreck when he was 16, it was one of the hardest times of my life. This book helped me to get through that terrible time in my life and remember to smile.
Sara Saria
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
روايه جميله تستحق القراءه ، كالعاده دانيال لها عالمها الخاص
Laurie Pugliese Foley
awesome as all her books are, and so real, you feel like your part of the story. don't know why I do this to myself, everytime I read one of these books I end up ballin my eyes out !!!
Cristyn Masterson
this book was soooo good that i cried all the way thru it and i could not put it down..i would def recommend you read this book if you are looking for a page turner tear jerker..
Cynthia Bell
Very quick, very fulfilling, "feel good" book..Bought it for my niece but by chance, I started reading & couldn't put the book down. I would recommend it to women of all ages.
Sameh Bennasr
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Johnny Angel brought tears to my eyes. Such a sweet, sad, heartbreaking yet a beautiful story. I can't get over it ♥
" Johnny Peterson could light up a room with a word or a smile. He had a future filled with promise--until he stepped into a car on prom night and, in an instant, it was all taken away. In the months that followed, Johnny's family and his high school sweetheart, Becky, struggle to put together the pieces of their shattered lives. No one is more devastated than Johnny's mother, Alic
Vrushti Mehta
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Johnny Peterson is a man of hardwork, love and compassion. Though being a school kid he has the responsibility as the first child to feed his siblings for which he works and earns money. He is also the topper in the class. Amidst all this he has his sweetheart Becky with him who survives the same situation but both are pillar of support to the other. When everything is going smooth in their life suddenly on Prom night all happiness is taken away. Alice, Johnny's mother, becomes ill and gets to m ...more
Rflutist
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I squeezed this book into two sittings. I began it at home after a bad day at work, and I finished it on the train the following day. Several of Danielle Steel's more recent books have ranked among my favorites but the simplicity of this book tapped into genius. For everyone who has loved and lost someone most dear, and - that is all of us - the book will remind you of who you have loved and lost, together with all you wish you could say. In real life, we don't get such a "do-over," but this boo ...more
Jen Selinsky
May 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Johnny Peterson was the perfect son and boyfriend. He was smart, handsome, athletic, and well-behaved. All of that was taken away right after a horrific car crash that took place on the night of his senior prom, causing him to die at seventeen. After hearing about his untimely death, his parents, his younger siblings, and his girlfriend, Becky, are completely devastated. When Alice, Johnny’s grieving mother, was taken to the hospital, she finds that her whole world is going to change. Johnny app ...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
This was a very easy book which didn't require any concentration, though unfortunately, also didn't contain much depth. I expected this to be a light read and the story line looked like something that I'd be interested in. I didn't have much expectations of this book and it wasn't something that struck me as being particularly good. It was an easy read, but definitely nothing spectacular.
X-tina Campos
Feb 23, 2010 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is very interesting and touching. so far I am on chapter 5 and its about a family who lost thier son and is just falling apart. but the son returns as a 'ghost' (i prefer to say lost soul but ok) and has to tie some loose ends. The only person who can see him though is his mother.
Darling-ellaine Urieta
A very inspiring truth about a mom and a son. :) God has His own way of making people learn. And never doubt His will. Family is the most important thing in this world. No money can replace the joy that each member brings. Losing someone is very painful, but what important is realizing how to cherish each moment with them while their still here. :D
Danielle Steel Bo...: Johnny Angel 1 3 Nov 20, 2012 08:54PM
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Love at First Sight
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Whitehorse
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • Do You Take This Rebel? (The Calamity Janes, #1)
  • The Secret Spanish Love Child
  • Danielle Steel
  • Summer's Child & Summer of Roses
  • The Bride's Awakening
  • Crown Jewel
  • Good Girls Don't
  • পারাপার (হিমু, #4)
  • Emerald Germs of Ireland
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • Bitter Virgin, Volume 4 (Bitter Virgin, #4)
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Don't Say A Word
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)