Start by marking “Power for Living” as Want to Read:
Power for Living

Power for Living

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  111 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Power for Living contains testimonials from celebrities who became Christians and other content aimed at arguing for the Christian faith.It was credited for having introduced thousands of so-called "seekers" to Christ, with the added aim of having them then begin attending a local Christian church of their choice to further their relationship with Jesus.
Published 1998 by Arthur S. Demoss Foundation (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Power for Living, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power for Living

Lydia Klima
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is how I got saved. The book changed my life.
Matt
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read this one over and over. Strong spiritual inspiration-- based on fundamentally sound principles. Praise God.
Mona Randall
good read.
Frederico Ribeiro
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Li o título em Português
Michael
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Found this book listed for free in a airline magazine on a flight from Cincinnati to Canton back around the year 2000. Ordered it, read it and made the simple decision to turn my life over to Jesus. Amazing story of how someone cares enough for others to make this free offer... Thank you.
Robert
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
I love this one. It's like going back to where it all began.

Review to come.

This a very essential for every new believers in Christ. It contains guides and some explanations about having a Christ-centered life. It comprises with some testimonies regarding people who achieved real success and still achieving more success through God. And I was surprised that Gary Valenciano and Dyan Castillejo were one of the nine people who have testified about Christ's amazing love, since they were quite known
Carlos Rioja
Sep 26, 2013 rated it did not like it
Estaba leyendo a Amélie Nothomb en una plaza mientras un grupo de cristianos jóvenes bailaba con camisetas de su grupo. Al terminar una de las chicas se acercó y me ofreció este libro. Yo no suelo rechazar nada y, ya que estaba, lo he leído.

Es una lectura rápida y bastante fácil. Literariamente es bastante espartano, por no decir pobre, y tiene la típica estructura de narrativa comercial norteamericana, tan usada en libros de autoayuda, con testimonios y pasos claros a seguir. Eso sí, exige un s
Jen
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the books I've read during the time that I'm beginning to open my heart to God. It's a treasure, to think that this book had been lying around the house since I was a kid! It's mom's. I used to think of this book as "negligible", like part of the everyday mess. I finally read it when I was in 3rd year college. Now I couldn't thank it enough for staying in our shelves just gathering dust through the years. It touched me eventually.
Roberta
Jun 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Searchers
Recommended to Roberta by: TV ad
I saw a TV ad for this book back in the early, early 80's when I was on my search for a church. I called and they sent me the book 100% free with no obligations at all. They did not seek nor did they accept donations. They did not put me on a mailing list. This book was purely for me. It was chockful of testimonies of people who had embraced Christianity. At the time I was very inspired by some of the stories. I wonder if I would be so if I were to read it today?
Faith Lowery
Mar 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
I don't have the exact read start and finish dates on many books I have read this year. The dates are approximated, as I have been in & out of the hospital, and on bed rest, and read 2-5 books a day depending on the book & length and my ability to focus. All dates are approximated, by month.
Carlos Montijo
This book has good practical help for implementing spiritual disciplines, but Buckingham's theology is found wanting. He uses Campus Crusade for Christ's shallow and unbiblical "Four Spiritual Laws" to present the gospel, and tries to mold the Bible to his illustrations, often compromising the biblical teaching. There are some insightful nuggets though.
April Vaughn
Tj Casey
May 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great, quick intro into what life with Christ should look like. Love it
Mat Rueter
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
The desires of your heart can be met. You can find power for living.
Earl Trotter
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
great read. excellent recap of pro ballers success. a true insight into their walks with GOD!
Marian Rodgers
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Read it first over 45 years ago- along with the Bible (of course) - changed my life and my walk!!
Estevan Alvarado
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Book discusses how to live a Christ Centered life. How to live daily as a Christian
Ibukun
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My best book ever..... Brought me to the reality of who I have in me..... Christ!
Shaughnessy
Aug 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really helpful book. One of the things I liked most about it were the testimonies of all of the famous athletes who have read this book and enjoy a relationship with Jesus.
Marcel Ares
Sep 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Lavagem cerebral.
Ainda mais quando distribuem esse livro de graça pra uma criança com menos de 10 anos.
Enere Aits Bonite
  • Jesus Christ for Today's World
  • How to Give Away Your Faith
  • Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God
  • The Great House of God
  • The Inspirational Study Bible: Life Lessons from the Inspired Word of God -New King James Version
  • Introduction to Philosophy: A Christian Perspective
  • So What's the Difference?: A Look at 20 Worldviews, Faiths and Religions and How They Compare to Christianity
  • The God Conversation: Using Stories and Illustrations to Explain Your Faith
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • The Merciful God of Prophecy: His Loving Plan for You in the End Times
  • Jesus with Dirty Feet: A Down-To-Earth Look at Christianity for the Curious Skeptical
  • Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?
  • Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters
  • Family Patterns (Patchwork, #1)
  • Sitting Bull
Jamie Buckingham was the founder of the Tabernacle Church in Melbourne, Florida. He was the author of Run, Baby, Run (with Nickey Cruz), Shout it From the Housetops (with Pat Robertson), Ben Israel (with Arthur Katz) and 34 other books. Buckingham was editor for Charisma Magazine until his death in 1992.