Start by marking “The Romanov Stone” as Want to Read:
The Romanov Stone

The Romanov Stone

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
On her deathbed, Kate Gavrill's mother finally tells her the truth: she is a descendant of Nicholas II, the last tsar of Russia. Kate is the final heir to a family fortune, but nothing is simple in the tragic history of the Romanov clan. In order to claim the royal riches, Kate must find a long-missing alexandrite gem-the Romanov Stone-which is no easy task.

Simon Blake, a
Published March 16th 2012 by Abbott Press

To ask other readers questions about The Romanov Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Romanov Stone

Fran
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the past becomes your present what do you do? When the history of your family comes front and center and takes over your future how do you handle what you chose to forgo and forget? Imagine the beauty, color, luster, and purplish fire that emanates from a precious and valuable gem. Imagine how so many covet these precious gems and would do anything to obtain them even kill. What if you were the last Czar of Russia and a special stone was created called the Tsavevitch Stone. This stone is gr ...more
Becky Hirst
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. The storyline centers around the Romanov family from Russia. It is full of mystery, thrill with just the right amount of romance. Loved it and would recommend it to all.
E
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What if Russian Tsar Nicholas II had fathered a child with a Russian ballerina? And, what if the tsar had deposited a veritable fortune in an English bank for the child and her mother which could be claimed only if the heir presented the elusive Romanov Stone whose container is a Faberge jeweled egg? Fast forward to the present and add in a direct descendant of Rasputin, members of the Ukrainian mob, a Colombian jewel thief who wants to retire and a gemologist who falls in love with the only liv ...more
Steve
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very pleasantly surprised with this book. I have a love for all things Romanov anyway, as one of my finest memories is watching Nicholas and Alexandria with my Grandmother before her passing. That and the whole Did They All Die and Rasputin mystique make it a playground for Historical Fiction writers.

This one stays true to the characters and introduces some external modern day characters to flesh out the mystery of the Romanov Stone.

It is a quick read despite the page numbers as it is inte
Virginia
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually enjoyed this more than I expected to. It's an interesting concept about a subject that fascinates me. The final 1/4 was a bit challenging in that I found it difficult to follow what exactly was happening and who was who. Many characters all running about and a bit of a mish mash of story telling but he cleans it all up nicely by the final chapter in a satisfactory manner. Overall a quite good read.
Jaimie
Jul 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book as I am fascinated by the Romanov's . I thought the pacing was mostly good and never found myself skipping lines. I didn't like the references during the story to how Kate felt about things later in her life and I felt the story wasn't fleshed out enough when she first went to Russia. I really liked all of the characters though and it seemed the author did a good amount of research.
Annie W
I greatly enjoyed this book. I listened to the audio version via Audible narrated by Tim Campbell. I am generally intensely picky about narrated books - the narrators I enjoy are very, very far and few between. However, Tim Campbell is one of three narrators that I have sincerely enjoyed. His accents between Americans, Russians, Spanish, and English were executed magnificently! The story itself was a terrific book! The plot was intricately woven and very well written.
Jill
Jun 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Kate Gavrill, economic professor and competitive diver, discovers she is a direct descendent of Czar Nicholas II when her mother is murdered. With possession of the priceless Romanov Stone, she will be able to access a fortune left in an English Bank. But Rasputin also has a direct descendent that is willing to help with the search for the jewel. Will he bring her down, just like his ancestor did to the Czar's family?

Gemologist Simon Blake may hold the answers to Kate's questions.
JC107
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great premise, slow delivery

The premise of this book could have made it a much better read, that would help my interest long enough to be sure to complete it; without a spoiler, I can also say I am disappointed in the ending. Perhaps it is a good ending, but I think it could've been better as well.
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
While the concept of this story was interesting, I'm not generally a fan of books that skip between the past and the present. It tends to just annoy me. In addition, his writing bordered on being too descriptive for my tastes. However, the book was well-researched and thought out. I just don't think it was my type of book.
Vicki Granado
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plausible

Good story kept me up for hours will be looking for
More by this author.wish the ending had been different
Nicky
Sep 06, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Here's another candidate for the DNF pile of 2014. It's not that it's not well researched but it's draggy and it makes an assumption that goes against known history of the Romanovs.

Deleting now
Apr 12, 2015
Zahara Schara
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“The gilding holds the eye just long enough to let God enter the soul. The two-dimensional image does not require interpretation, and therefore doesn’t stand between you and God the way it does in three-dimensional western art.” 0 likes
“Think of icons as sacred doors,” her mother said, “between this world and a world of spiritual perfection—a place of peace, love, and holiness.” Privately,” 0 likes