Start by marking “Loving Jack” as Want to Read:
Loving Jack

Loving Jack ( Jack's Stories #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  1,458 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
Somehow her own fictional brooding hero had turned up in person right under her own roof, and now all romance writer Jackie MacNamara had to do was convince stubborn Nathan Powell that happily-ever-after began at home — and in her arms.…
Audio CD
Published July 15th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Jack, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Jack

Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was fun and lovely. We have Jackie MacNamara of the famous MacNamaras from other Nora books. She is a terrific character. Jackie is spirited, energetic and kind. Throughout her life she has tried many different interests. Even though she was successful at them, they weren't quite right. Now she has decided to write a novel and her tricky cousin lets her sublet a gorgeous house in Florida he is housesitting so she can concentrate on her novel.
Enter the dashing owner of the h
Chitra *CJ*
"Loving Jack" is the story of Jackie "Jack" MacNamara and Nathan Powell.
When Jackie rents a house out of the city to find peace and write her book, she never expects her cousin would scam her and give her a house who's owner was to return very soon!
Nathan is shocked when he finds his house having an intrude/unwanted guest in the form of flighty Jackie. Soon she persuades him to let her stay and thus begins the story.
The couple is polar opposites. While Jackie is eccentric, impulsive and vivaciou
Carla *Jen7waters*
Este é um livrinho muito pequeno, daqueles que requerem quase zero de concentração e que se lê de uma assentada, bom para aquelas alturas em que não apetece pensar no que se está a ler e só se quer algo para distrair o cérebro e relaxar. Não digo isto em tom pejorativo porque eu gosto bastante da Nora Roberts, e os plots dela ainda que sempre virados para o romance, têm sempre uma dose de um drama qualquer capaz de comer a cabeça do leitor durante um bom bocado, o que não acontece com O Homem do ...more
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Este primeiro livro da trilogia, apresenta-nos Jackie MacNamara, uma mulher adulta, que apesar da sua experiência em várias áreas, nunca conseguiu levar nenhum projecto até ao fim, acabando por nunca se ter sentido realizada. Sentindo que agora é de vez, aluga um apartamento por três meses, com o intuito de escrever o seu primeiro romance. Para sua surpresa, logo na primeira noite o dono desse apartamento Nathan, regressa de uma longa viagem de trabalho e claro que não sabia do aluguer de Jackie ...more
Jan 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, library
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1989
Length: 315 pages
Setting: Contemporary. Fort Lauderdale.
Sex: Infrequent. Not explicit.
Hero: Architect.
Heroine: Flighty but settling down to write romances.

Well, it was readable and it came to an end. There’s not much more to say about it than that.

It was written well enough. The characters were interesting enough. The plot (completely relationship driven with very little drama) was fine.

But the book, overall, was nothing remarkable.

The most interesting bi
O Norinha, foste um bocadinho fraquinha neste, mas melhores virão :)
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An old book I cam across at the library. Very good love story from Nora Roberts. Going on to book 2.
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Flighty Jack MacNamara wants to be a writer and with the help of her cousin, she's found the perfect place to start that career. A wonderful house in Florida that she's rented for three months. Stuffy Nathan Powell, just wants time alone in his own house but he gets the surprise of his life when he finds Jack in his bed. It seems Jack's cousin pulled a fast one and told Nathan the house was empty and ready for him while telling Jack the same thing. Jack makes Nathan a deal to cook for him if he ...more
Lynn Richmond
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well that was certainly a lovely read for a Sunday Afternoon. A lovely romantic story as I've heard is typical Nora Roberts, great read. Just what my Doctor Ordered a nice bit of Romance.

This is my 3rd Nora Roberts book the previous 2 were McKade brother novels which I Loved too. I'll certainly be reading More novels by Nora in the Future.
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I adore this book. It's so light and just what I needed right now. ❤
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romantic love story .
Christina McAllister
Absolutely loved this book. Very well written and leaves you wanting more.
It was ok, but I have enjoyed many of Nora Roberts books more.
Angela Jenkins
The main character Jack kind of bugged me. It was basically a super cheesy romance novel. But it was entertaining enough to finish.
Rushed and cheesy like all of these shorter romances, but a light, enjoyable read. The connection to "Lawless" made it even better.
Melissa Hongisto
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the characters in this book. She was so free loving and hilarious. Could you imagine knowing someone like her? I do have a friend that is pretty similar.
No es ni bueno ni malo sólo es otro más de nora.

La protagonista acepto es super encantadora y vivas lo cual me agrado muchísimo.
Jan 10, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, harlequin
Title: Loving Jack (Mencintai Jack)
Author: Nora Roberts
Publisher: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Pages: 306 pages
Published: March 2001

When Nathan Powell found a girl in his bathtub, he asked the woman to leave. However, Jackie MacNamara felt that she already rented the house and refused to go. As they made the deal to live together for 2 weeks, both found that they were in love to each other. But with so many differences betwen them, how will they make it together?

Snore. Big snore. I expected s
Julie Barrett
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving Jack by nora roberts
Jackie MacNamara has just given her swindling cousin Fred money for 3 months at this house. It's just spring and she's able to write on her new typewriter.
Problem is the owner Nathan Powell, architect, is back home from Germany and he's in his own house. The same one that Jackie is staying at.
She is quite educated by going to many college and universities over the years and dabbling in a bit of every occupation available.
She tries to persuade him to let her stay with h
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, 2015
Quando Jackie MacNamara revela a sua intenção de encontrar uma casa sossegada para que possa escrever o seu livro, Fred, o seu primo e um vigarista de primeira qualidade, oferece-lhe a oportunidade de alugar uma casa absolutamente extraordinária. Jackie, um pouco desconfiada, aceita e passa os primeiros dias intercalando trabalho com descanso. Isto até chegar o dono da casa que indignado a quer dali para fora.

Nathan Powell é o dono da dita casa, que após chegar cansado de semanas de trabalho int
May 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-own, portuguese, 2009
I never read anything by Nora Roberts and bought this book by instinct, when in fact I was looking for books by Anne Stuart. I honestly don't know what was waiting for when I picked up this book. This month has been difficult and wanted something light but engaging and thrilling, but this book wasn't so. The story is predictable and the relationship seemed somewhat forced. The characters didn't captivate me, especially Jackie who made me roll my eyes constantly. However it is an easy and quick r ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Jackie, adalah sosok wanita yg unik, dia tidak pernah bisa memutuskan dengan pasti apa yanng dia ingin lakukan dalam hidupnya, sehingga dia selalu mencoba mempelajari segala sesuatu yang dirasa itu menjadi bakatnya.
Saat dia menyewa sebuah rumah, dia tidak membayangkan bahwa dia akan berhadapan dengan pemilik rumah yang pulang dan berniat menempati rumah tersebut.
Karena Jackie merasa dia sudah membayar biaya sewa rumah tersebut, dia berhak menempatinya sesuai masa sewanya.
Nathan cukup terkejut me
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The character, Jack or Jackie is crazy. She's fun but knows what she wants. Her cousin, Frank subletted her a home for 2 months only to find out that it wasn't her cousins house at all but a friend of his. This friend, Nathan had just come home to find a woman he had never met before in his home. His first thought is to kick her out, but Jack has other ideas.

I found this story interesting. I thought Jack really was crazy. Poor Nathan had no chance.

I did find it fun to read this to be taken bac
This book is the first in the Loving Jack Series.

Jack is actually Jackie, she's trying her hand at being a novelist and has found the perfect location to write her first book. Little does she know, at first, that the vacant house she has decided to sublet is not actually vacant.

Nathan is glad to be home after his most recent job. Nathan, an architect loves his home, it is his safe haven and he expects it be empty. When he arrives home late he finds jack, lounging in his hot tub.

The sparks fly in
Sep 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, all-books
This was just awful. The heroine was an annoying, flaky, con artist who has less than nothing in common with the hero. Her cousin rips her off for thousands of dollars and her reaction is to this is not to graciously move out a house that doesn't belong to her or her cousin, but con/force by threat the owner into letting her stay. They spent almost no time together but all of sudden just because they live in the same house, they're in love. Completely ridiculous premise with an unlikable main ch ...more
Aug 07, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since the first book I've read from Nora Roberts I've loved her writing so much. This book was not an exception. In this one I was surprised to find a woman so determined as Jackie, she was so cheerful and fearless. Absolutely liked her. About Nathan I just wanted to hug him and encouraging him to accept the fact of being in love with Jackie and embraced it. Oh, and I absolutely loved J.D. though he only appeared in 2 or 3 pages. I may have missed an epilogue but since this is a trilogy, I may f ...more
Titinha Scaeiro
Não deu para mais... Descrevo este livro só numa frase... A protagonista irritou-te tanto, tanto, tanto, o quero, o faço, o eu e o mais eu, o não dar espaço, o impor-se, fez como não gostasse dela, senti vontade de entrar no livro e resgatar o pobre do homem, do Nathan... Zeus que péssima personagem feminina.

Como já disse noutro livro da autora, parece que ela em alguns livros comeu gelado pela testa... -_-
Oct 25, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This didn't feel like a Nora Roberts book to me. It was too light-hearted. I just didn't think it was much of a story at all, just a little time-waster between books.

I usually like NR books and find the storylines and characters quite complex, but this read like a bit of fluff.

Times have changed within this genre- that is for sure.
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Nora Roberts! We always can read a happy ending!
All right this book is only about a couple, and it's simple and light, it's a differente book from the others of Nora... but it's a funny and relaxing reading... Read Nora Roberts is like talk with an old friend... it's always a good talk.
  • The Matchmaker (Once Upon A Time, #6)
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • The Drifter
  • Undone
  • Lake Magic
  • Destined to Last (Providence, #4)
  • The Sicilian Surrender - Terpikat Sang Pria Sisilia
  • Tempted
  • Christmas Cowboy - Natal Sang Koboi (Long, Tall Texans #14.5)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
  • The Main Attraction
  • The Notorious Scoundrel (The Hawkins Brothers #2)
  • Moonrise
  • Just Like a Man (OPUS prequel)
  • To Tempt a Saint (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • Sean's Reckoning (The Devaneys, #2)
  • His Secret Child - Anak Rahasia
More about Nora Roberts...

Jack's Stories (3 books)
  • Lawless (Jack's Stories, #0)
  • Best Laid Plans (Jack's Stories, #2)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Sing: A Novel of Colorado (The Homeward Trilogy #2)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
“read?” “Nothing I like better” 0 likes