Start by marking “4.50 From Paddington/They Do It With Mirrors” as Want to Read:
4.50 From Paddington/They Do It With Mirrors

4.50 From Paddington/They Do It With Mirrors

4.50 From Paddington: Two trains briefly draw alongside each other as they race past a country house and --to her horror-- Mrs. McGillicuddy witnesses a murder in a passing train car. But no body is found, and the police decide Mrs. McGillicuddy must have dreamed the incident. Miss Marple believes otherwise and persuades a bright young friend to help her investigate.

They
Leather Bound, Collected Works, 473 pages
Published 1976 by Omniprose Limited (first published 1957)

To ask other readers questions about 4.50 From Paddington/They Do It With Mirrors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 4.50 From Paddington/They Do It With Mirrors

Start your review of 4.50 From Paddington/They Do It With Mirrors
Riddhi Kishnadwala
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I have read 4.50 from Paddington. It was a good quick read with enough enthralling plot twists till the very end.
Aniket Dan
Oct 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Intelligent
Claire Scorzi
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dei 4 porque o 1º merece 5, e o 2º, 3 estrelas.
Zin
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I never doubted about the killer to be the doctor, this book has fooled me to be honest. The way of chaining the events was mesmerizing if I can say. I loved , actually I adored the young lady. The story is about a woman at a train. She saw a man strangling a woman from the window and no one believed her,so she decides to ask for help from a young lady. Most of the events took place at a house within a big family.
Mark Pearce
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Marple and Christie with a really good detective yarn. It was some years since I last read this and I'd forgotten a lot. Lucy Eylesbarrow was an interesting character and it's a shame we didn't read about her again. Great story.
Josephine
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short yet detailed and too the point
Joanie222
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 1/2
Dr.J.G.
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
4.50 From Paddington:-

An elderly woman on the train sees a man in another train running parallel throttling a woman to death, while he is oblivious to her watching - his back is to the window. She is thouroughly traumatised, and reports it as soon as she can at a railway station. But there is no dead woman on any train or a dead body dumped near any tracks anywhere possible where a parallel running train at that time could have stopped.

And yet - she is sure, she saw the murder taking place,
J. Alfred
Jan 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't always know where I get my ideas about authors. I had the feeling that Agatha Christie was a boring sensationalist knockoff of Conan Doyle: I imagine it had something to do with her picture, which is precisely not what you want your mystery author to look like, and the names of her heroes, which sounded to me to be either an attempt at being too comic or at being too serious.
She turned out to be exactly right. She gets rid of all the little irritations of Sherlock Holmes: the police are
Kate
Nov 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Read this after someone mentioned on Bookreporter.com blog that they always read this title around Christmas. I loved Dame Agatha when I was younger and read mostly the mysteries solved by Inspector Hercule Poirot. Enjoyed this book as it featured Miss Jane Marple an entirely different detective solving a murder happening around Christmas. It read very quickly and is a fun read during the holidays for a shorter attention span (which I now have until Decmber 26th). ost of a miserable family gets ...more
John Gilchrist
liked it. wkman sees another woman being strangled pn thr train. kucy finds boft in sarciphagus in the barn
Vito97
Emma Crackenthorpe, was she an accomplice ? 1 1 Oct 01, 2016 04:55AM

• The Shortest History of Germany
  • Why We Get the Wrong Politicians
  • All I've Never Wanted
  • The Exact Opposite of Okay (Izzy O'Neill, #1)
  • The Last Leonardo: The Secret Lives of the World's Most Expensive Painting
  • As the Crow Flies
  • Winning
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Le fils du pauvre
  • Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less
  • Technically, You Started It
  • The Landlady
  • Slow Bullets
  • Why We Make Mistakes: How We Look Without Seeing, Forget Things in Seconds, and Are All Pretty Sure We Are Way Above Average
  • Every Breath You Take  (Second Opportunities #4)
  • Hideaway
  • Honeymoon (Honeymoon, #1)
  • راوية الأفلام

Agatha Christie is the best-selling author of all time. She wrote 66 crime novels and story collections, fourteen plays, and six novels under a pseudonym in Romance. Her books have sold over a billion copies in the English language and a billion in