Start by marking “Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom: Strategies and Techniques Every Teacher Can Use (Revised Updated Third Edition)” as Want to Read:
Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom: Strategies and Techniques Every Teacher Can Use (Revised  Updated Third Edition)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Fully revised and updated for a new generation of educators, this is the definitive guide to meeting the learning needs of gifted students in the mixed-abilities classroom— seamlessly and effectively with minimal preparation time. Included are practical, classroom-tested strategies and step-by-step instructions for how to use them. The new edition provides information on u ...more
Published August 15th 2012 by Free Spirit Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teaching Gifted Kids in Today's Classroom

Holly
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent textbook for those looking for more guidance and information on teaching gifted youngsters. Easy to read (for a textbook). Helpful charts and other tools included. Highly recommend.
Becky
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book has been a tremendous help for helping me to understand options for teaching gifted (and advanced) students in my own classroom. While it is SO important to help our struggling students to grow, catch up, and fill in missing pieces of knowledge, gifted and advanced students are often ignored. Because of this, they do not grow to their full potential, nor do they make any real progress or truly learn.

I have already begun implementing some techniques in my classroom, and I will continue
Wisconsin Alumni
Susan Naimon Winebrenner ’60
Author

From the author:
If there are any kids in your life who have been identified as gifted or whom you know to be advanced learners, this book, in constant print since 1992, will be very helpful for parents, grandparents, and the children's teachers. Susan has been training teachers for several decades to know how to challenge these students in all learning environments. Published by www.freespirit.com.
Gladys Landing-Corretjer
The author shows some good strategies to work with all students. I am was not pleased with the emphasis that " gifted students do not like to write".
Paul
Nov 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: unfinished-books
This book has good information on differentiating for GT students in inclusion classes. I read about half of it, flipping around to relevant sections. I'd like to finish it this summer.
Mareigel