Start by marking “Diagnosing & Changing Organizationalo Culture Based on the Competing Values Framework” as Want to Read:

This book's main purpose is to help readers to diagnose and facilitate the change of an organisation's culture in order to enhance its effectiveness. Using the workbook, individuals can complete the instruments provided and plot their own culture profile, and lead a culture change process.
Published April 15th 2005 by Prentice Hall (first published August 20th 1998)

Be the first to ask a question about Diagnosing & Changing Organizationalo Culture Based on the Competing Values Framework

Start your review of Diagnosing & Changing Organizationalo Culture Based on the Competing Values Framework
Marrije
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
At times very dry and academic, and then suddenly inspiring and something I / we can act on almost immediately. It's probably more a book to work with than an inspirational reading experience. Also, I'm afraid I'm starting to plan an off-site to diagnose our organizational culture with the team and formulate areas of improvement... #halp
Andrea Tomasini
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit to systemic, where one would think culture isn't mechanical. The idea of measuring culture is surely appealing, the approach is sound, but at some point evokes too many mechanical and manufacturing metaphors. My understanding is that this is the original book about the competing value framework, so might be a bit dated. Further reading from Jeff de Graf, confirmed that his approach is quite more sound and flexible. It is definitely a big step ahead of William Schneider, even if in principl ...more
Stephen
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
READ JUN 2012

Classic piece from Cameron and Quinn for understanding cultures, especially in organizations looking to change elements of their culture. The authors maintain that "without culture change, there is little hope of enduring improvement in organizational performance" (p. 13). However, changing culture is very difficult and requires serious commitment over a protracted period of time.

In addition to the content, the book also includes extensive appendices with det
Misty
Sep 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Those that like analytics may appreciate Cameron & Quinn's approach to organizational change. Several good change tools, especially for leaders with a scientific disposition.
Dwayne A  Milley
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this for a course I’m taking. Very much a textbook style, and also very practical with the real tools to help effect culture change in an organization. Now I need to write a paper about it and the relevance of it to changes within my own organization.
Sergej van Middendorp
Very well applicable framework to grasp the complexity of culture in organizations. We used the frame in several assignments for the design of workspaces to great effect.
Bill Koenig
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
2017/12/11
Phoebe Nguyen
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this book for my thesis. I found it very useful since it provided such an easy writing style to follow, it help me understand about organizational culture's aspects from definition, its role, how to evaluate, how to change and so much more.

From this book i could also find new books from the list of "further readings"
Lisa
A good tool to use as a leader trying to make positive change in their organization or department. Will be downloading the online resources to use as guides and beginning steps to initiate positive changes in my department
Joseph Noone
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great presentation of the Competing Values framework developed by Robert Quinn and Co at the Ross School of Business University of Michigan applied to 21st century organizations.
David Dalka
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Discusses GM Fremont plant improvement.
Lisa
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the assessment (OCAI) and the different dominant cultures discussed. Had it not been required reading, I'd have probably given it a higher score.
Derrick Trimble
The competing values framework is a simple to use and effective tool for snapshooting an organizational culture. I used the format to conduct an analysis for our board. Highly useful for planning.
Martin Pickard
Not an easy read but some good tools
Melody Rensberger
A good read if you are required to consult/assess an organization's organizational culture.
Daniel Sf
Jan 29, 2016
Aryan
Jun 28, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Organizational Culture and Leadership (The Jossey-Bass Business & Management Series)
  • The Corporate Culture Survival Guide
  • The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else in Business
  • Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
  • Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead
  • Switch On Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health
  • How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization
  • 5 Is the Perfect Number
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • Eternals
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • Make Room: Finding Where Faith Fits
  • An Amish Market
  • Deep Undercover (True Blue K-9 Unit #4)
  • Inherited Threat
  • Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War
  • Leaders Made Here: Building a Leadership Culture
  • All-Star Western, Volume 1: Guns and Gotham
“we are in one of those great historical periods that occur every 200 or 300 years when people don’t understand the world anymore, and the past is not sufficient to explain the future” 1 likes
“If you’re not confused, you’re not paying attention.” 0 likes