Start by marking “Glamping with MaryJane: Glamour + Camping” as Want to Read:
Glamping with MaryJane: Glamour + Camping

Glamping with MaryJane: Glamour + Camping

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  307 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
MaryJane Butters’ go-to guide for putting glamour into camping

"Glamping, or glamour camping, one of the MaryJane's pet concepts, is about the juxtaposition of rugged and really pretty, grit and glam, diesel and absolutely darling."-The New York Times.

Glamping-unleashing your inner wild while wearing a pair of fishing-lure earrings-is for every woman (or man!) who ever had
Published September 1st 2012 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Glamping with MaryJane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glamping with MaryJane

Amy
A few months ago, I was doing a search in Google, when I stumbled across this subject called Glamping. I was intrigued, so upon further "research," including looking through some Google images, I discovered that Glamping = Glamour + Camping aka glamorous or luxurious camping, an oxymoron if I ever heard (or in this case, saw) one. Some destinations go all out in providing their customers with a unique camping experience, while still treating them to an almost hotel=like stay -- bed with bedding ...more
Jessi
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I picked this one up thinking I would enjoy a few chuckles at extravagant camping lifestyles. Instead, I became immersed in a world populated by women who are simultaneously tough as nails and elegantly and unabashedly feminine. There are some excellent tips and ideas for camping with style and whether or not you enjoy the outdoors, this book is a fascinating look into a niche world and a lot of fun to read through.
Vivian
Feb 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
What a riot! Apparently "glamping" is taking off like a rocket. (visit www.internationalglampingweekend.com for more info). I've been "on the 'hold' list" for this book at our library since it arrived in October last year and my number finally came up! Whether you think you'll be joining the ranks of the 'glamping' or not, this is a hoot to peruse. Chapters include helps on purchasing/renovating a "glamper" of your own, and loads of tips and checklists, as well as sources for equipment and suppl ...more
Whisky
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction-adult
This was a treat. The author has great camping and "glamping" guides. I had not realized that there was a true Glamping culture rising but it's hard to argue with some of the tricks and tips presented. I took so many notes! Any one who is an avid camper or those who like the comforts of home in the wilderness I can't recommend this more. It's fun and has brilliant sass.
Shelly Kittell
May 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not really my cup of tea! I was expecting something different. Not much into glamour, even in camping.
Ashley
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wish-list
This book wasn't quite what I was expecting, but I love it nonetheless. Where to start?

First, I wish that it had more GLAMPING in it. I would have loved a book of nothing but gorgeous campsites and trailers. In that regard, the book was a bit of a tease. It provides loads of inspiration and definitely set me daydreaming.

The author really wants to share a lot of information tho. Like how to hitch a trailer, how to change a tire, why it may be a good idea to carry a firearm, etc...Things that are
Sara
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Boy, does this ever make we want to DIY a trailer.
A good mix of many different things touching on the topic, which I've come to expect from MaryJane: this book includes everything from whimsical doo-dads to decorate your camper with, to explicit instructions on how to back your camper into a driveway by yourself.
Barbi Gardiner
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a treat. The author has great camping and "glamping" guides. I have recently bought a vintage 1976 Layton Skyline camper and can't wait to glamp in style!!! Perfect for those who love the outdoors but still want to enjoy the comforts of home. This book is full of humor, tips and a ton of sass!!!
Erika Mulvenna
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: housewifely
I'm not sure what I expected from this book, but it was a fun read. Chapters on every subject of camping from how to hitch up a trailer and change a flat tire to the art of peeing in the woods. I'm not big on camping, but my husband is and he spent just as much time flipping through this book as I did!
Regina
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
For any independent woman experiencing the urge to pick up and go with her 'glamped out' trailer, this book includes the tips and tricks necessary to make it a reality. This complete guide covers all areas of trailer renovation and camping, from the basics of trailer maintenance, to finding the best 'glamping' locations. I enjoyed the photos and reading through and finished it in an evening.
Nicki C Houser
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She's Got Me Hooked

So much great information! Wonderful girly girl vibes! Want a vintage trailer of my own now fixed up the way I like it so I can hit the road in MY style! Super book! Highly recommend!
Wendy
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute book about camping with style. Would be much more interested in the idea of renovating a vintage camper if I wasn't taking on renovating a condo right now. Might need to revisit this in a few years- I think it would be an interesting way to travel the country!
Emily
Sep 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfic
This was a cute book on "glamor camping" as they are calling it these days, cute reconditioned trailers, not your average camping meals (though she does have hobo dinner!)... mostly now i have to go and stay at her bed and breakfast solely so i can take an en plein air bath!!!
Debra
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I will give it 2 stars because I loved the retro pictures. Other than that, I read it in an hour and thought it was just kind of sillyl.
Trish Boese
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sewing, non-fiction
4* A fun book to peruse, like a magazine.
Abby
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Fun to visit the glampers even though but I would prefer to live in the world of Moonrise Kingdom. Still, the wall tent plan--swoon! Also some interesting recipes.... Hmmm.
Andrea Zabel
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I have always wanted to go camping, but am a little afraid. this book helped me feel like I could do it, and in style!
Khristiey
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
cute book with great pictures and lots of inspiration. trying to figure out if an outdoor bathtub would work in my yard......
Valerie
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book makes me want a vintage camper!
Trish
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I want a glamper!!
Mary-Susan
Jan 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not at all what I expected. This would be a good book for ladies starting to camp.
Heidi
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm totally buying a vintage Airstream, adding a cast iron claw foot tub and girly accoutrements, and going on the road. Sorry, no room for my kids.
Thia
awesome ideas for trailer living
Ana
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A very detailed and helpful how-to guide for the beginning "glamper".
Natalie
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This book makes me want buy an old trailer to fix up! I liked how MaryJane included an entire section on HOW to fix up a trailer, step-by-step.
Callie
Nov 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
This is just a smidge ridiculous. A fantastic idea, but something I am a long way from doing.
Trish
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, nonfiction
This is a neat how to book about glamping.
Ellen
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the lay-outs and pictures interspersed with some great camping tips. Plus, how can you go wrong with dutch oven recipes?
  • Cabinets of Wonder
  • Los Angeles Stories
  • Modern Art Desserts: Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Confections, and Frozen Treats Based on Iconic Works of Art
  • Luscious Lemon Desserts
  • Manabé Shima
  • Sew Retro: 25 Vintage-Inspired Projects for the Modern Girl & A Stylish History of the Sewing Revolution
  • The Slopes of War
  • National Geographic Guide to Scenic Highways and Byways
  • J.K. Rowling: A Bibliography 1997-2013
  • Shirtmaking
  • Prisoner 88
  • What Southern Women Know about Faith: Celebrating a Heritage of Grace and Strength
  • Unfathomable City: A New Orleans Atlas