Start by marking “Love Me Forever” as Want to Read:
Love Me Forever

Love Me Forever

(Sherring Cross #2)

A young heiress in mourning for her mother's death, Kimberly Richards has been abandoned by her lifelong fiancé. But Kimberly's father, the recently widowed Earl of Amburough, is intent upon marrying her off as quickly as possible—to please the jealous lover he longs to wed.

So the rather indelicate business of matchmaking begins. And Lachlan MacGregor, the dashing and newl
Audio CD
Published July 4th 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Love Me Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Me Forever

Start your review of Love Me Forever
Julie
May 25, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover picture alone is one of the funniest I have seen for romance novels!
It's not actually on the cover, you have to flip it open to the second page, so I took a picture to show you

Okay, that is hilarious! I get the giggles everytime I look at it!!!!

I think I have a weird sense of humor, because most people don't know why I think these things are so funny.
But it is good entertainment. And this particular book had a Scottish Lord as the main guy(hence the kilt...HAAA!!), so the author writes
Chitra *CJ*
"Love Me Forever" is the story of Kimberly and Lachlan.

What a heartwarming and hilarious read!

In this JL gem, we have a heroine desperately in search for a husband because of her overbearing and uncaring father's demands, and being sent off to the Duke and Duchess of Wrothston for the same. It is there she meets Lachlan MacGregor, the impoverished Scottish laird, who might have made the perfect husband..except that he is STILL in love with the Duchess of Wrothston.
A set of mixups lead to passion
Eni
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical-r
This book was a gift from my cousin. Later I found out that it was part of a series. Not interested to read the first book of this series though for the moment.
Since I didn't enjoy this book very much.
Roshio
One sure way to ruin a romantic book is to have the hero have sex with the heroine WITHOUT consent. PASS.
Isabel
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Johanna Lindsey novel and it blew me far far away from the modern times. This book was left on my shelf for years after I bought it and it wasn't until recently that I decided to give it a go and what do you know, it was like a dimond underneath all that coal dust!

'Love me forever' tells a story of the romance between Kimberly Richards and Lachlan MacGregor. With some twists and turns and bumps along the way, the two who met under less than ideal circumstances started to feel things for
Christine (KizzieReads)
The one thing I disliked about this was that, in the beginning, no matter how many times Megan told Lauchlin that she was happily married, he still kept after her. I know it was a plot point to carry from the previous book, but I just didn't like it. Other than that, I loved it!
tacitus
Jun 19, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-book
Historically inaccurate and confusing. A dull, unrealistic story with one dimensional characters

First, the historical inaccuracies. I'm not usually an "accuracy Nazi". It is fiction, after all, and is meant to entertain. However, when the author presents things that are so conflicting in time and place that you can't even figure out what decade the story is supposed to be taking place in, it's pretty bad. At one point, the hero's family mentions investigating the "California gold rush" as a way
Julie
Lachlan MacGregor, Laird of Clan MacGregor, has decided to give up his reaving ways and go in search of a wife, a.k.a. an "Heiress." For better or for worst, the survival of his clan is at stake. Afterall, the reaving has only allowed them to scratch by as it is. What will it matter anyway, when the woman of his dreams is unavailable. His botched attempt at abduction a year ago ensured that outcome and a thorough thrashing by her then fiance the Duke of Wrothston. Lachlan's dreams of his "bonny" ...more
Jan
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
This book felt dated and cheesy for me. I know this is a much loved HR author, but as far as I can recall, I haven't read any of her books before. A friend gave me beautiful (secondhand) hardback copies of two of her books, including this one, so I decided to try them out. But........

I will have a go at the other book, seeing as a friend gave it to me, but I'm not expecting anything great, because this one didn't do it for me.

I just didn't really connect with the characters in this book. The h
Seline
May 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

❀angela
Apr 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, regency
Ever since I discovered Goodreads, if I found a book I wanted to read because I'm intrigued by the blurb, I would always look up the reviews. And most of the time, I would end up not wanting to read the book anymore. It's been so hard to find a book that Goodreads reviews don't dissuade me from that I try to resist the temptation to read reviews beforehand, so that I actually give some books a chance. That's why I didn't look up this book before I started reading it after plucking it off the she ...more
Jultri
Delusional, immature, entitled prick chases after married woman despite her repeated rejections of him and professed love for her husband. Takes innocent young lady's virginity without her consent, because her eyes told him he could. But hold the outrage, it's all good, because the lass manages to squeeze a climax out of this distasteful encounter, so therefore, it's not rape! Poor affectionately deprived girl, even wants to thank him afterwards for his "gift" to her!!! She has a bit a reality c ...more
Claudia237
Nov 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am quite shocked at the rape scene (YES! It was rape!) that is so trivalised in this book. Lachlan came in her room in the midle of the night while she was aspleep and started having sex with her as she was still unconscious. Then she awaked confused while he is doing the deed. The next day she is undestandably angry at him and all he does is push the blame on her (hey it was your fault, you clearly had the hot for me and you liked it). Never mind that she was an innocent girl looking for marr ...more
Rachel
May 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
Shelves: romance, favorites
Total guilty romp. My best friend and I have read this repeatedly. A romance novel of romance novels.
Edwina Callan
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2019
Reading this book was a pure delight.
It took me through an entire range of emotions from fury, to laughter, and even brought me to tears, more than once.
A most enjoyable way to while away the time on a windy, rainy and cold weekend.

Highly recommended to those of you whom admire a man in a kilt with a fine Scottish brogue.
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
Johanna Lindsey is one of my go to authors and she never disappoints. This is a funny, lovely, adventurous story that will keep you entertained. The characters are engaging and the story is extremely enjoyable. This is a story of two people who are looking to marry for different reasons. Their first and following meetings are entertaining and at times hilarious. The secondary characters are just as entertaining.
Zel Polev
Judy
Oct 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tiera McMillian
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march2020
*Reread Review*
Not going to lie.. I wish I had tried this out on Audio.. all this Scottish brogue up in here would probably have exploded my ovaries or something. Lachlan is probably one of my most favorite MMC's.. not because he is smart.. but because all that brogue.. His ridiculousness endeared him to me so much in book one of this series that when I finally got around to finally geting my hands on this book in the series and realized it was his story I was bursting with happiness. That being
Ann Lorz
I've loved, Love Me Forever from the second I started reading it. I couldn't help it. I first fell in love with Lachlan in Man of My Dreams. He only had a small part in it, but it was enough.

Even though I read this so long ago, almost twenty years ago (for the first time) the story always stayed with me. In fact, this isn't the first time that I've reread it ( I know, I mentioned it already). It's more like my third or fourth time.

See, I told you I love it!

There is something about Lachlan, he
Selene
Jul 09, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Can't decide between 1 or 2 stars because the middle section was strangely enjoyable. It was almost as though the author rushed through the beginning because she wanted to write the main plot.

But holy hell. The beginning. I don't even know where to begin. The main guy is an asshole; the girl is decent until she steps within 3 feet of the guy and then she turns into a blushing, stammering twit; their interactions are forced and boring; and the changes in character's feelings are so sudden my neck
Sm
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
oh, Love Me Forever is certainly great competition to Man of My Dreams (the first book in the Sherring Cross series) for my favorite Lindsey (so far)

set about a year after Man of My Dreams

I was a little skeptical at the start because this story is about Lachlan MacGregor (26), the Scottish laird who tried to abscond with Devlin's Megan in Man of My Dreams. He starts off this book still ga ga over Megan and pretty dismissive of Kimberly (21), physically removing her from his sight so he could get
Sue
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Just okay, but that could be that most of this is based on a romance during a country house party, my least liked plot device. The humor is there, but it's not as good as the first of this series. Others may enjoy the house party device...I actually think had the plot been not the tried and boring house party I would have liked it.

Lacks the dueling arrogance from the first book and having that couple in a meaty roles in this novel doesn't really bridge the gap, again house party is at fault.

Beth
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beth by: Kelly
Shelves: romance
With the understanding that romance novels aren't high literature, I must admit that for a quick read it was incredibly enjoyable. I did find Kimberly's ignorance and stubbornness irritating at times, and Lachlan's high handed ness annoying, but the end result was wonderful. Honestly I feel the best part of the story was the introduction of Kimberly's paternal family. I'd love to read more about the interactions between the MacFearsons and the MacGregors!
Virginia
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well, you know, it's a romance novel. Not graphic love scenes, but completely overdone cliches. I know I read this before, but I couldn't for the life of me remember how it ended, so that should tell you how memorable it was. However, it's a nice bit of fluff (if you weren't a Women and Gender Studies major or minor in college) and good for a palate cleanser between heavier reads.
Victoria
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars
Julie Doll
Slow plot and not very exciting. I collect books, but won't keep this one to reread in the future nor will I recommend to fellow readers.
Kezia Natali
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE LACHLAN MCGREGOR!!!
Raya Schwets
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Im always smiling after finishing one of her novels ♡
Bonnie Stinson
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved this one! Possibly one of the best heroes, totally heartfelt a bit bumbling kind of guy, yes he has flaws, but in true fashion and with good humor he overcomes!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Rebellious Desire
  • The Rogue to Ruin (Misadventures in Matchmaking, #3)
  • Thursday's Child
  • Nothing Compares to the Duke (The Duke's Den, #3)
  • Forever My Love (Berkley-Falkner, #2)
  • Mesmerized (The Mad Morelands, #1)
  • Lord Holt Takes a Bride (The Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Petals on the River
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • Sweet Revenge
  • Beyond Compare (The Mad Morelands, #2)
  • If You Deceive (MacCarrick Brothers, #3)
  • The Deed (Deed, #1)
  • Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3)
  • Someone to Remember (Westcott #6.5)
  • Ashes in the Wind
  • Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5)
  • Taming an Impossible Rogue (Scandalous Brides, #2)
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom

Sherring Cross (3 books)
  • Man of My Dreams (Sherring Cross, #1)
  • The Pursuit (Sherring Cross, #3)