Start by marking “Impeccable Petunia Part 1: Claws, Paws, Feathers and Jaws” as Want to Read:
Impeccable Petunia Part 1: Claws, Paws, Feathers and Jaws

Impeccable Petunia Part 1: Claws, Paws, Feathers and Jaws

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Kindle Edition
Published May 12th 2012 by Katie Christine

To ask other readers questions about Impeccable Petunia Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Impeccable Petunia Part 1

Patricia Kemp Blackmon

Impeccable Petunia Part 1 Claws, Paws, Feathers and Jaws by Katie Christine We have all heard of pecking order. Well Petunia the chicken is at the bottom of a pecking order. She looks different than the other chickens which make them distrust her just because she is different. Petunia tries to stay to herself and not draw attention to herself. She tends to her own little corner of the yard where she fusses over her little flower garden.

One day a cat got in the chicken yard chasing after the chickens that had been taunting and teasing him through the fence. Petunia was
Lindsay
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
‘The only chick with black and white markings, Petunia stood out, and often found herself the subject of other chick’s ridicule, and worse.’

Petunia is a hen who prefers spending her time in her own little garden full of beautiful, colourful flowers, rather than the confines of the chicken coop or the company of the other hens.

‘The hen yard felt small and oppressive, but amidst the confinement and crowded quarters, Petunia had carved out her own little piece of joy. Her garden lay tucked into a f
Michelle
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: zz2012-read
This was such a cute little story which centres around the world of a small hen named Petunia. I couldn't resist reading this book as I love all things animal related and this was no exception.

Little Petunia is a bit different from the other hens she lives with and likes to keep to herself while finding joy tending to her small flower garden.

One day the owner of the house notices Petunia and a friendship soon develops between them. Unfortunately for Petunia, this means being taken into the house
Yvonne
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Petunia is a chicken with a heart. She wants nothing more than to fit in with the other chickens, but thanks to jealousy and betrayal, she isn’t accepted. The one who does accept her is a human woman. They develop a strong friendship, even if they don’t completely understand each other. (Petunia does not speak the human language.)

Petunia finds herself in some of the strangest and most difficult situations including tangling with a jealous chicken, a fox and a mischievous gray cat. With the help
Jessica Bronder
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Petunia is not like other chickens. She loves nature and all the colors she finds. She has a little garden in the chicken yard and tries to stay out of the way of the other chickens. This book follows her adventures with the other chickens, the cat Macy, and their new owner whom she starts calling Silkie.

The biggest trouble that Petunia finds herself in is with the other chickens. The leader and her daughter are insistent that Petunia should gossip, chase bugs, and roost just like everyone else.
Wendy Hines
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Petunia just wants to be left alone to tend her flower garden. She loves beautiful things and sees the simplicity and joy in almost everything. She knows that she's a bit different then the other hens, but it doesn't bother her.

When she sees a woman sobbing and throwing bits of colored paper in the air, Petunia is intrigued. Even more so when the woman, who is later known as Silkie, asks Petunia for her help in choosing a paint color from the swatches. Petunia is delighted and the woman picks up
Jo Barton
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Petunia is a chicken with a heart as big as the flower garden she nourishes. Low down in the pecking order, she is never going to be accepted by the chicken hierarchy, but then an unlikely saviour in the form of Macy the cat enters her garden, and soon Petunia’s life is turned completely upside-down.

This beautifully written and delightfully illustrated little book captures the imagination, and explores some quite dark themes – there is loneliness, bullying and despair, but there is also friendsh
Angie
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Synopsis: "Follow Petunia, the backyard hen, through a hazardous world as she discovers hidden talents, a mischievous cat named Macy and encounters all things feathered and furious."

My Review: This was such a unique idea for a young readers book, being an animal lover myself how could I pass it up?! Katie Christine gives us a little peek into the life of a quirky hen, Petunia. The other hens aren't a huge fan of change or anything out of ordinary and when Petunia sets their world upside down the
Becky Sherriff
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest here and say that this book is not my usual choice of genre. But I thoroughly enjoyed it. Petunia is a hen and is definitely bottom of the pecking order, she is let into the house one day by the lady and things change from that moment on.

This is not just a story about farmyard animals, this is a story about courage, trust, mistrust, bullies, love, friendship, comedy. This book relates to so many real life situations and in particular to schoolyard antics.

The illustrations a
Beth
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did not know what to expect when I read the blurb of this novel, a story about a chicken? However, I was pleasantly surprised and found Petunia's character extremely endearing and the rest of the chickens were also really fun and enjoyable to read. I would have no hesitation reading the next installment as I'd love to know what happens next.
As a children's story it's clear to see the chicken pen could be considered an allegory for the schoolyard as the bullying antics that take place are easil
Jennifer Zuna
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazingly written and original story. I've never read anything like this before. The story is so serious but there's some really funny moments also that keep you reading and wanting to know what happens next. Personally Macy the cat was my favorite character but I'm sure everyone will have their own favorite and most hated. I'm really excited to see what happens in the next installment of this awesome story! The illustrations were fantastic too, they put the story into your head so c ...more
Diana
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Quite a hit with me! This best e-Book has a slow build, with a rising tide of drama in the hen house. Quality writing and very beautiful illustrations. Petunia is my favorite character, so talented and friendly, too. The series of adventurous stories are entertaining, charming and great for all ages. Everyone is buzzing about this great read and its fresh approach in story-telling. ***** stars.
Jessica Haight