Start by marking “Honor Bound” as Want to Read:
Honor Bound

Honor Bound

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  2,502 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews

In Honor Bound Sandra Brown paints a moving story of love and hate, passion and duty as she explores the deepest obligations of the heart to family, to heritage, to love.

Aislinn Andrews met Lucas Greywolf under unusual circumstances she caught the escaped convict raiding her refrigerator. But was he a troublemaker who aroused dissidence among Arizona's Native Americans .

Published December 1st 1993 by Silhouette Books (first published April 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Honor Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Bound

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is a really intense older series romance by Sandra Brown that she released as Erin St. Clair. The hero is Lucas, a Navajo activist who was indirectly involved in a violent demonstration and incarcerated. He breaks out to see his grandfather who is dying. He breaks into sheltered White Aislin's condo and kidnaps her on his run from the authorites, taking her to the Navajo reservation with him. They end up making love and he ends up getting recaptured to serve out the rest of his sentence.

Whe
Saly
The hero was a jerk and I don't know why the heroine fell for him or withstood his stupid behaviour.
Rachel Regina
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: safe-for-me
Overall rating: 4.75 "Anglo versus Indian" stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
MelissaB
Honor Bound was an okay read. Nothing exciting or that great about it so I wouldn't really recommend running to go read it. The hero was Native American ("Indian") and he never lets the heroine or the reader forget it. He thought the whole while world was out to get him, which got a little old after awhile. Here is a synopsis of the story:

Lucas Greywolf was sent to prison for 3 years for staging a Native American rally that got violent and ended with police officers seriously injured. So he got
The Bibliophile
Dec 05, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The average Sandra Brown book consists of a single parent (or aunt) that has to raise a kid(s). Usually the woman is also struggling with something.
*Enter* not-so-perfect prince charming that is going to save the day.

This book is not like that though.

In Honour Bound an innocent woman is held 'hostage' in her own home by an escaped criminal. He forces her to undress by 'knife-point' then ties her to her own bed.
Following day he uses her car to escape. Yes, with her in the car.
Instead of telling t
Noelle
May 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first 'kidnapped by Indians' book that I had ever read, although it's a contemp. I love this book and have reread it many times over the years.
Heather
Apr 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read these kinds of books for escapism, pure and simple. While the writing itself is generally decent and normally fairly well written by this author, I expect the women to be a little dumb and gullible. But this book blows it all out of the water. Sure being attracted to the escaped felon who kidnapped you is a bit difficult to swallow but again given this genre, I can almost accept it. Sticking around when he threatens to take the baby and not allow you to see him again is just idiotic! Call ...more
Bryn
Aug 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first romance novel I ever read, back when I entered puberty and was still mostly innocent, and it will probably always remain one of my favorites. The characters are interesting, and I really like the dynamics between them. This book has many unexpected twists that I won't spoil for you!
☮ mary
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A modern twist on the captive / abductor, the love story is intense and real I LOVED this book and wish the author still wrote beautiful romances !!
Judy
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Great book! Couldn't put it down. It was an easy read and a real page turner.
Amanda Sheila
My first Sandra Brown and I LOVED IT!

Aislinn is kidnapped by Lucas, an Indian man who ran away from jail. Big, dark and dangerous, Lucas took her breath away. He's rough and scared Aislinn to death, but she could see that underneath his hardness, Lucas's sweet and tenderhearted. Being kidnapped lead to another thing, and another lead to another big thing. What will they do next?

This book made me shiver all the way down. Lucas's seems so scary yet being with him somehow felt safe. I like him. T
Megan
At first I had very mixed feelings about this book, but I am happy to say I liked it very much at the end. This was not a fluffy romance novel by any means, and dealt with serious issues. The main theme of this book was coming to terms with who and what you are and embracing love, even if it is not what or who you think it should be. This book was very emotional and has left me emotionally spent, but I don't regret reading a page.

I would recommend this book to serious romance lovers who like a t
Louise Wardell
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lucas Greywolf had to come to terms with his ability to no show his emotions which he learned from his past. Aislinn was taught to do only what was right. The way their lives intertwine keep me wanting more.
Frances
Apr 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
This is one of the best book with a love story that would make you cry.
Rbeey
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

sexy ,hot ... keeps ya rereading & never wanna stop.now I know where alot of the recent writers get inspiration from..great Read. Sandra Brown's came hard..loved it what a beast of read!
drowningmermaid
Mar 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First-ever Romance Novel
Michele Boon
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good book I couldn't put it down.
Wynn
Honor Bound is a sweet love story about two people who were meant to be together. It's about breaking down barriers and loving despite all odds. It's a wonderful romance written by one of the best in the genre and the always happy ending is definitely worth reaching. (Although the beginning of this story was reminiscent of the beginning of Lethal - but completely different tales).

Lucas Greywolf is honor bound to his American Indian roots even though he is half Anglo. He is bitter and angry over
Eilidh
Jan 10, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I was a teenager I found a Mills and Boon book and me being curious, started to read it. However, I got approximately ten pages in before I ditched it as being two-dimensional and contrived. I put Honor Bound in this category.

I found that Sandra Brown spent too much time trying to convince us that a man humiliating and degrading the heroine of the story at knife-point is attractive. What he did to her was unforgivable by any sane standards and whilst I understand that Lucas Greywolf has so
Jane Davis
Jun 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the first Sandra Brown novels I read and was dissatisfied, not with the story but the ending. Lucas Greywold a fugitive on the run kidnaps Aislinn Andrews when she catches him raiding her refrigerator. He can't leave her to warn the authorities and drags her all over the Arizona country side in is attempt to get to his dying grandfather. When finally he admits it's a no-go he releases her but has sex first.

Upon release he seeks her out and finds he now has a son. Chapter two of h
Karen
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I give this 4 1/2 stars. Sandra Brown definitely has a knack for romance!!! Whew!
Robin
Aislinn Andrews walks into her home to find escaped convict Lucas Greywolf raiding her refrigerator. Soon she finds herself his hostage on a mad dash across Arizona. At first Aislinn is afraid of him, thinking he will kill her. But as she gets to know her captor, she finds out why he has escaped prison and learns that there is more to this man than the hard unyielding mask he wears.

This older Sandra Brown title was a quick read but seemed very dated. I had a problem with Lucas constantly voicing
June
Jun 15, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to June by: don't know -- found it on bookshelf at my house
Have you ever read a book and afterward wondered exactly why you wasted your time? I put this book in that class. The basic story was just barely okay (the old take me captive and I'll fall in love with you just doesn't fly in my opinion) and then overload a book with sex scenes, and you have a real loser of a novel. There are only so many heaving breast, flaring nostrils and throbbing manhoods that any one person should have to endure. I suggest the book remain unopened on the shelf of a bookst ...more
Brittany
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is another of those books that I love and hate at the same time. (I frequently feel this way when reading a romance.) This is by no means one of those “fluffy” romance novels, but deals with the more serious issues, where both main characters have to come to terms with who and what they are and have to learn how to embrace that. In the process they learn that love isn’t always where you expected to find it.
Lesli
Jul 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, 2002
Enjoyable book, even when I was ready to kick Lucas' teeth down his throat! Did have to remember that this book was written in the late 70s or early 80s, as well as the fact that Lucas had a very good reason for being bitter and scathing. The beginning romance part didn't seem very believable, but then this is fantasy, right? Would read it again in a few months or years, if I was looking for a quick Sandra Brown fix.
Diana
Narrated by Renee Raudman.

Took a chance on this 2012 production of a 1986 Category romance and loved it. It's an earlier version of Lethal and Smoke Screen where the hero kidnaps his heroine for Entirely Justifiable Perfectly Good Reasons. A lot of raw emotional conflict here and Renee Raudman nailed it.
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was the first Sandra Brown book that I read. A sleepless night brought me to my book shelf and this is what I chose, and it hooked me for good. I absolutly love this author. Honor Bound was a quick read, and it kept you going. Based on family honor, this will teach you a great lesson on what family is all about.
Shelly
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I really couldn't get into this book. I liked Aislinn' s character, but I really didn't like Lucas at all. I found it hard to believe that she would fall in love with the guy who kidnapped her so soon.
Sylvia
Jul 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who love sex. hehe...
Deliciously yummy!!! A must read book that should be honoured as a manual book for lonely people who need to get laid. Sorry for being vulgar but I think this is just the right book for them. (LOL)
Christine Kirchoff
I read this awhile ago but forgot to post it here. Good book!
Sanda Brown Super...: Honor Bound 2 7 Aug 14, 2016 02:19PM
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • This Time Forever
  • Rage of Passion
  • Dust Devil
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • Ayah Paro Waktu (Part-Time Father)
  • When There is Hope
  • The Wedding-Night Affair - Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Forbidden (Braddock-Black, #3)
  • Risk Everything (The Blackthorn Trilogy, #3)
  • Too Hot to Handle
  • Lie Down In Roses

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including STING (2016), FRICTION (2015), MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), & LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy
More about Sandra Brown...