Start by marking “Harrigan's Bride” as Want to Read:
Harrigan's Bride

Harrigan's Bride

(Civil War Brides)

Abiah's heart waged a battle of its own

Abiah Calder had always loved Thomas Harrigan. Always. But the war had contrived to make them enemies. Now that same war had bound them as man and wife. Yet did Thomas' heart's desire truly match her own?

When Thomas Harrigan found Abby dying in an abandoned house, he risked everything to see her safe. No matter that he was a Yanke
Published November 1st 1998 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Harrigan's Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harrigan's Bride

Start your review of Harrigan's Bride
Anna
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
really poignant Civil War era story -- a cut above the typical Harlequin fare ...
Jerry Jares
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Captain Thomas Harrigan has left the Fredericksburg battlefield and is checking the home of some old friends, the Calders. He finds Miss Emma (the mother) dead and helps bury her. He also finds the Calder daughter, Abiah, who is near death.

In spite of the possibility of court-martial for being AWOL (absent without leave), Thomas takes Abiah/Abby from her cold, empty home, hoping to find a safe place for her to get well.

Although Abiah is a Southern sympathizer and Thomas is a captain in the Union
Malika-Liki
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
another very sweet story . I love the characters, Abbiah -Abby and Thomas. I loved this story of old friendship, love, war, with the bad behaviored Northern Belle.
I found the storyline very similar to "The Prisoner" but I loved both stories because of the characters.
I alkso loved Gertie and La Broie and the fact that they all went together at the end, no more clkasses differences. I alos loved that it didn't suddenly go happily with the grandfather , because that how real life often is.
I would
Nancy Zawacki
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book, with a handsome, honorable and brave hero and a heroine who could have been a bit more confident but still very likable. The author told a story that kept one reading and was well researched as far as the Civil War Generals and battlefields are concerned. I highly recommend it.
Vickie Mason
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really good story. Some descriptive sex though.
Jill Marsillett
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was ok
Pretty cheesy. Think i picked this up at a Little Free Library- I will be taking it back lol.
Rose
This was the first book I read from author Cheryl Reavis and it didn't disappoint. I enjoyed it so much I read 3 more of her Civil War Romances in less than a week!

Yankee Captain Thomas Harrigan was friends with Abiah (Abby) Calder's brother Guire before the war. Abiah's mother and Rebel brother were killed during the war. Thomas rescues Abby and takes her across into Union territory. The two end up marrying amidst a war and people interfering trying to tear the couple apart.

Excellent story with
Sonya Huser
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
I got this because I thought it was a copy of the first romance book I ever read. After reading it and a little more research, I think the book I'm looking for is Heather Graham's 'One Wore Blue.' In any case, I did finish this so here's a review.
As a slow burn historical romance, sure, it was good. I'm a little surprised that the lovers (she, a Southern belle and he, a Union officer) never got into ANY arguments over the politics and the war that was literally killing and maiming everyone aroun
Amber
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If this book could have had a rating of 10 I would have picked it.This book was good.It was a touching story of young love and war.Abidah love thomas sinceshe was young even if he was he brothers best friend.Thomas to realizes he has had feelings for her even then.Now Supposed to be sworn enemies because of war Thomas goes back to the place where he spent his happiest days Only to Find that his bestfriend has been killed fighting in war and Miss Emma like a mother to him has died because of a ep ...more
Sasha Summers
Feb 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was loaned to me by a C. Reavis 'addict'.
Thomas, the hero, was a solid character. His loyalty to the war made a realistic obstacle to reaching and protecting the heroine, Abiah. While I enjoyed the secondary characters, especially Gertie and La Broie, I wished Abiah had been a little less a damsel in constant distress. At the same time, I liked her well enough.
Miss Reavis sprinkled in just enough Civil War info to keep the time and feel spot on. I'd have loved a bit more of the history thr
NatalyaVqs
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not as good as her other ones, same themes repeat over and over again, its still sweet overall in that heartfelt Reaves way, the whole sentiment of trying to recreate a place where you were once so happy as a young adult
Nyra
Shelves: historical
*3.5 stars*
Su
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
The H/h hardly spent three days together all along the book.
Susan
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Midnight Thunder
  • Out of Darkness, Shining Light
  • The Beauty of the End
  • One from the Heart (Second Chance at Love, No 426)
  • Hurricane Summer
  • A Lie Someone Told You about Yourself
  • Gaylynn (Seven Sisters, #3)
  • Christmas at Archer Ranch (Wild West Frontier Brides, #8)
  • Jagged (Colorado Mountain, #5)
  • Saffron (Wild West Frontier Brides, #5)
  • Carol (Wild West Frontier Brides, #6)
  • The Road Home (Journeys of the Heart #2)
  • Contracted Cowboy (Quinn Valley Ranch, #5)
  • Cowboy Collection: The Ranch (A Quinn Valley Ranch Boxed Set)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • RoseBlood
  • A Touch of Forever (Cowboys of Colorado #3)
  • Simply Magic (Simply Quartet #3)
AKA Cinda Richards

Former public health nurse, now award-winning romance novelist, Cheryl Reavis, describes herself as a "late bloomer." Her Silhouette Special Edition™, A CRIME OF THE HEART, reached millions of readers in Good Housekeeping magazine and won the Romance Writers of America's coveted RITA award the year it was published. She has also won the RITA award for her Harlequin-Silhouette nov

Civil War Brides (3 books)
  • The Bartered Bride