Start by marking “The Unofficial Narnia Cookbook: From Turkish Delight to Gooseberry Fool-Over 150 Recipes Inspired by The Chronicles of Narnia” as Want to Read:

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  85 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
From the author of the New York Times bestselling and wildly popular The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook comes a new culinary and literary children's treat Featuring all the delicious delicacies of The Chronicles of Narnia and many more besides, author Dinah Bucholz takes readers on a mouth-watering journey--from the Lamppost to the Castle at Cair Paravel. Included are re ...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

To ask other readers questions about The Unofficial Narnia Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unofficial Narnia Cookbook

Miranda Reads
To say that I love this book would be putting it lightly

My family adores me - and in part that's due to the frequency that I rely upon this book for recipes. I have such a enjoyable time trying these recipes that I end up begging to make the family's meal. (And the meals turn out so good that my sibling doesn't even mind that I usurped her position as family favorite).

After delving into the Bucholz's The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook, I knew that I had to try another of hers. Ergo, I totally
Laura DeLuca
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The first thing I loved about this book is how it looks! I know that you’re not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I do, and this cover will sell anyone, it’s beautiful! The names of the recipes are absolutely fantastic as well, my daughters had the greatest time ever going through these recipes with me and anticipating the name of the next one. Some of our favorite recipes in the book (so far):

Hard-Boiled Egg Sandwich

Shepherd’s Pie

Scrumptious Strawberry Ice

Mediterranean Cold Sliced Chic
Katie Grant
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, fantasy
Being a long time Narnia fan (and someone that loves cooking and baking), when I saw this book, I knew I had to pick it up. The cover is gorgeous and it just screams, "PICK ME! PICK ME!"

This book is very well researched in that she does take the time in looking what a Victorian meal would probably consist of; HOWEVER, that meal is of an aristocrat mainly, not the typical everyday person (lamb chop was expensive so it was most definitely not a typical Victorian dinner!)

I will note this book also
Vivian
Jul 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: craft-cook-books
My speedy perusal of this book resulted in the hasty conclusion that I would probably never try any of these recipes. However, my sixteen year old actually read the introduction and carefully paged through the book. She says we need to own all of Bucholz's books. So be it. Despite there being absolutely no photographs or illustrations, the recipes are well researched and a valuable instruction manual for preparing less familiar meals.

Here chapters are: "Beautiful Breakfasts", "Snacks, Teas, and
Kara
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was ok

There’s a lot of recipes here – some even look mildly interesting – but there is very little link to the Narnia books.

I suspect copyright issues, but given how awesome The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook was, I confess myself thoroughly disappointed with how hard Bucholz dropped the ball.

Overall, just embarrassing to watch as she makes a right little fangirl fool of herself.
Favbooks
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another winner! Incredible research, fantastic writing, mouthwatering recipes, and the perfect dash of humor to tie it all together. Dinah Bucholz serves up another wonderful treat. Whether you're in the mood to whip up something delicious, or just to snuggle up on the couch to enjoy a great read, this is the book for you. Narnia fans will be transported to that magical kingdom, and those who have never read the books will want to be transported too - to the nearest library/bookstore to savor th ...more
Nayla
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I enjoyed it and look forward to making snacks and recipes to go along with our current bedtime story regimen (reading through the Narnia books at the moment). Not quite as good as the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by the same author which was so excellent I've given copies away to friends and use it regularly to cook non-themed meals.
Tina
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Love this cookbook! The Narnia books are my favorite series and a friend of mine who works at the library gave me the heads up on this book. Lots of fun recipes for all cooking skill levels. If you are a Narnia fan and like cooking/baking then take the time to check this out!
Brindi Michele
Ahhh, Narnia. Will definitely own this when I have kids one day!
Abraham Ray
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbook
great cookbook about the foods in narnia!
Beth
  • The Book Lover's Cookbook
  • The Narnia Cookbook: Foods from C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia
  • True Blood: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps
  • The Manga Cookbook
  • The Unofficial Hunger Games Cookbook: From Lamb Stew to "Groosling" - More than 150 Recipes Inspired by The Hunger Games Trilogy
  • The Geeky Chef Cookbook: Real-Life Recipes for Your Favorite Fantasy Foods - Unofficial Recipes from Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, and more
  • The Jane Austen Cookbook
  • Benjamin Britten: A Life for Music
  • When French Women Cook: A Gastronomic Memoir
  • A Feast of Ice and Fire: The Official Companion Cookbook
  • Children's Voyage the Long Journey Home
  • Harlem Nocturne: Women Artists and Progressive Politics During World War II
  • Mathew Brady: Portraits of a Nation
  • Chasing Frank Lloyd Wright: His Life and Mine, Intertwined
  • The New Jefferson Bible: The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth in Modern English
  • The Collaboration: Hollywood's Pact with Hitler
  • I'm Just Here for the Food: Cook's Notes (Journal)
Dinah Bucholz is the official author of The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. Dinah was born to a large family and grew up in a small New York City suburb called Monsey. The most exciting things that happened in her childhood were getting her pony tail pulled by various brothers, also getting teased by the same, and enjoying spectacular good times and spectacular fights with her twin sisters.

Dinah

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes
    $21.99 $3.99
  • The Longest Day: The Classic Epic of D-Day
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
  • Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
  • Church of the Small Things: The Million Little Pieces That Make Up a Life
  • Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Moving Beyond Words: Essays on Age, Rage, Sex, Power, Money, Muscles: Breaking the Boundaries of Gender
  • Woman's Worth