Start by marking “Fed Up with Frenzy: Slow Parenting in a Fast-Moving World” as Want to Read:
Fed Up with Frenzy: Slow Parenting in a Fast-Moving World

Fed Up with Frenzy: Slow Parenting in a Fast-Moving World

Slow Down. Reconnect.
It's Easier than You Think.

The hectic pace of everyday life can keep families constantly on the go, but removing some of the frenzy is easy--if you just take a moment to slow down. Hit the pause button on all of life's daily distractions and reconnect with your family in familiar and exciting ways. Parenting and family expert Susan Sachs Lipman shows
Published August 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks

To ask other readers questions about Fed Up with Frenzy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fed Up with Frenzy

Start your review of Fed Up with Frenzy: Slow Parenting in a Fast-Moving World
Ami
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, parenting
Worth a skim. Not sure I buy into the whole idea that doing stuff with your kids constitutes some newfangled "slow movement", but some nice old-fashioned games and activities are revived in this book.
Susan Lipman
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Parents, Grandparents, Youth Leaders, Busy Families
Shelves: parenting
When was the last time you blew a homemade bubble? Cooked in a box oven? Played pizza tag? Made a corn-husk doll? Fed Up with Frenzy contains detailed instructions so you can do all those fun things you may have forgotten about, and enjoy them with your kids.

My simple goal in writing this book was to help busy families have more fun together. Many families across the economic spectrum are stretched and stressed. Fed Up with Frenzy contains complete instructions for more than 300 indoor and
Leah Quenelle
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I periodically reread the intro and "Slow parenting" sections of this book just as reminders and to inspire me as we go about our daily life. Many of the suggestions are simple enough to be easily accessible and implementable. Other crafts and activities Lipman outlines are detailed enough to be incorporated into a home school curriculum or for whiling away an entire rainy day. I particularly like the section about seasons and holidays as my young family thinks about starting our own traditions. ...more
Penny McGill
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Okay, I knew that I would probably like this book because it was going with the same basic theory of parenting that I have (and try to convince Kevin to have) but I didn't know I would like it so much. Susan Sachs Lipman brings great suggestions to each chapter with clever tidbits that I enjoyed reading.

I've set this one aside so that I can use it during birthday party season at our house and I also think this would be a wonderful resource for anyone who works with kids - our own library
ZebraPrintRocks
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents
Shelves: parenting
A book of crafty ideas to help connect / or reconnect, with your family. To me this book was similar to pinterest, only I turned the pages to search instead of scrolling. It will definitely be a book that I check out periodically or purchase for reference when I'm "fed-up" with surfing blogs and other websites for fun ideas. But, for now I think my note taking while skimming the book a second time have us "busy" for a while.
Claudia
Oct 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing, mind-opening
Fantastic collection of activities and ideas to slow things down and enjoy time with children and family. Will use this as a resource down the road.
Stephanie
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: parenting
The message of this book is clear: kids are too busy. We rush them from activity to activity with very little downtime once they are of school age. Lipman talks about "slow parenting." It is the idea that families need to slow down, unplug, and take advantage of things like nature, crafts, and imagination.

I appreciate the message, and I think that we mostly adhere to this idea. However, she does get a little preachy about how her way is the best way.

The book is loaded with activities for
Andrea Proser
Mar 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
This book makes me very grateful for Overdrive. If I had purchased this, sight unseen, I would have been disappointed. It's not anything helpful for a crazy-busy family.

It's more of a crafty guide to homey activities...helpful for anyone who never was a child, never played a board game, and never heard a nursery rhyme. Or as a guide if you teach those things (if you have never heard of the game Charades and think Popsicle stick art is innovative).

As for me, I do not think glue is necessary for
Amber
Jul 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I didn't realize when I picked it up that it is mostly a list of ideas and activities to help you spend time with your children. Maybe I will pick it up again in a few years as a reference, rather then an informational read. There seemed to be some good ideas!
Lauren
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: parenting
It was ok. I thought it was going to present alternative ideas to how to slow down, but it was basically a craft book- providing natural crafts and activities for children.
Angie Libert
Jul 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
I expect a ideological view on life from this book, but rather it is just list of activities to do, to slow down. Hum...isn't at a total oxymoron!
Phaedra
Mar 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
some good ideas to jumpstart family time without an electronic device or rushing around. not groundbreaking, just reminders we've all seen & heard before.
Kathy
Marianna
Sep 19, 2012
Shannon
Dec 30, 2019
Susan Sachs Lipman (Suz) is the author of Fed Up with Frenzy: Slow Parenting in a Fast-Moving World, which was named a 2012 Top 10 Parenting Trend by TIME magazine. Her work has appeared in the New York Times Motherlode blog, the Christian Science Monitor‘s Modern Parenthood blog, and numerous other outlets. Suz is the Social Media Director for the Children & Nature Network, which encourages ...more