Start by marking “The Trouble with Magic (Magic, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Magic (Magic, #3)

The Trouble with Magic

(Magic #3)

Is Her Magic a Gift or a Curse...? All the Malcolms have some magic, but Lady Felicity's ability to read people's emotions simply by touching them or their possessions overwhelms her. She's reached a marriageable age, but how can she ever wed when she can see so clearly a man's guilty secrets?

Only He Can Tell the Difference... Ewen Ives, itinerant rake and adventurous inve
Published August 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Magic

Jaimie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was one of my favorite “romance” novels when I was 15/16. The fresh-faced, innocent oddball of a female main character who has a magical ability that hinders her ability to live a “normal” life and the dashing, devilishly handsome engineer who sweeps in to her rescue and helps her learn to love herself. Sign tenth grade Jaimie UP. I read my copy (which I bought new) over and over until the binding started to come loose. But it had been 7 or 8 years since I had last read it when I decided to ...more
Paranormal Romance
The heroine has always been sheltered and protected by her family as her gift for seeing visions through touch often leaves her faint and weak and horrified on occasion by the secrets she's uncovered. Like the secret of her would be suitor pushing his mother down a flight of stairs. So, with the desire to rid herself of this curse, as she sees it, she and her sister have ventured north to Scotland. Under the pretense of visiting family the heroine can then escape and go in search of the book con ...more
Mikaela
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I bought all of Patricia Rice Magic Novels when she selfpublished them, before she sold them to Sourcebook. Except... this book, some how, went missing. So, when it was re-issued by Sourcebooks I knew I had to buy it again.

And I am glad I did.

I enjoyed reading about Ewen and Felicity's romance. I liked Ewen's chivalry, and his attempt to protect Felicity from the visions. Even when he made mistakes, he acted for Felicity's welfare. And my heart melted as he struggled between doing what he must,
Anabella
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hermoso!!! verdaderamente hermosa la historia entre Ewen Ives y Felicity Malcolm; él súper romántico, todo un caballero y ella ni se diga, inocencia pura; es una historia que te roba el corazón, no puedes dejar de leerla y que te emociona demasiado habiendo leído las 2 anteriores y habiéndote familiarizado con todos los personajes.

Hasta ahorita The Trouble with Magic es mi favorito de la serie mágica, lo disfruté mucho más que "Must be magic", con más magia, romanticismo y mucho amor; definitiva
Ballerina60
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
when i started the book, i was dismayed at Felicity's desire to rid herself of such an important gift. i felt she was so immature, and i was very tempted to not finish the book. i went on this site to see what other people thought, and other people seemed to love the book; so i decided to read a little more. so glad i did. Ewen began right away to help her see her gift in a different light. great story! great love story! i think that PR's "Magic" series is fantastic. i had read one, then i start ...more
Ellen Blend
Oct 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining and talented writer.
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Malcolm and Ives pairing

Nobody seemed as mismatched as Ewen and Felicity. He's a roaming inventor without a penny to his name. She's a bookstore with a crippling gift. At least they are both the youngest of their respective families. Outward appearances can be deceiving though and our seems that in this case opposites attract. This wasn't my favorite story of the series but it was still thoroughly enjoyable.
Caro
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome book. I really enjoyed reading this. Great characters that are strong and courageous, written well, humor, emotions, a drop of suspense, creative, good dialog and a perfect HEA. I can't wait to read more in this series. I have a feeling it's a series worth shelf space. *Excited* :) Totally Enjoy!
Linda Johns
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful magic book by this author.

Like all of her Magic books, this is fast paste and very hard to put down. I hurry while I read it to find out what is going to happen next.
Tina Miles
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this series. Full of magic, romance, saucy heroines and handsome heroes. And an HEA for all. Better if read as a series.
Christine
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good book

enjoyed reading this book was hard to put down. enjoyed. I have loved reading this series.
Kbee
Audible Romance Package

AUDIOBOOK: Read June 7 & 8 2018
11hrs 42min

Narrator: Greg Wagland does a good job.
Another good book to the series.
Shelby Day
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 4.5...I hardly ever give 5's but this one was so close! This is by far my favorite Patricia Rice novel. The characters were amazing. While they were introduced in the first two books, this one would still be a great stand-alone. First of all, my heart is sad the Ewen Ives is fictional. I love him. LOVE! His character is so charming, and smart, and handsome,... I could go on and on. Felicity is everything a heroine should be. She has a certain amount of vulnerability, but she doesn't let t ...more
Cruth
Author: Patricia Rice
First published: 2003
Length: 364 pages
Setting: Edinburgh and environs, 1754. (Georgian)
Sex: Explicit. Infrequent (really just the once)
Hero: inventor heading to bankruptcy/debtors prison
Heroine: daughter of the Marquess of Hampton. "Senses" strong emotions and thoughts in people and objects, almost telepathy.
Includes: excerpt from Carolina Girl, a contemporary romance from Patricia Rice.

I really thought I would enjoy it but I found The Trouble With Magic slow and annoying. T
Kathy Martin
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very nice historical paranormal romance. Lady Felicity can read other people's emotions when she touches them or something they own. This is very difficult for her and makes it impossible for her to touch anyone or anything. She is determined to find an old book written by one of her ancestors which is supposed to have a cure for her gift. The only thing she knows for sure it that the book was sold to a collector in Scotland over one hundred years ago. She is determined to find it.

She
siriusedward
Mar 18, 2014 rated it did not like it
could not complete it.first of all i hate the wide eyes harmless not able to do anything for herself , naive, innocent..no spirit, no backbone..no nothing..no chemistry between hero and heroine either...he treats her like a child..does not see his faults..not ready to do anything for herslf..god i really hated her...
and the hero..is precisely the sort i don't much like ..adores each women for her own..so..what big deal will there be about the heroine..god knows he looks like he will stray..if i
Tammy
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of kasey michaels, jo beverly, johanna lindsey, and stephanie laurens
This is a really sweet story about two people that prove the old adage true - you cannot judge a book by its cover. You got a hint this might be the direction Ewan and Felicity's story would go when Ewan gave Felicity the automated flower at Ninian and Drogo's wedding. This is a fun story with lively characters and a little bit of mystery. It also gives you a better understanding of the Malcolm and Ives families.
Alyn
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Only two stars from me even though there is nothing wrong with this book. The characters were all good and the story flows smoothly. It is a well written book. The problem is me. I prefer more conflict between the male and female lead and a little bit more spunk from the female lead too.

This book is still a good read but I can't say that I like it enough to give it three stars.
Cris
A decent fantasy/romance combination. The fantasy element is a pseudo-magical ability that our heroine possess that provides the conflict between hero and heroine and drives the heroine's side of the plot.

Even though it's not the first in the series, it stands alone pretty well.
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Book in series
Felicity has the ability to read emotions simply by touching people Ewen likes to build and tinker. They meet and sparks fly.
Yet another in the Magic series
Katie
Mar 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Love love love! This is by far one of my favorite rice books and definitely the best from the magic series.
Leila Goreil
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loving the Magic Series by Patricia Rice. It's the perfect dose of romance and I find myself chuckling at some of the dialogue!
Dawn Moon
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

As always, Patricia Rice writes with awesome characters. For all the Romance lovers out there - this is a keeper and it won't disappoint.
Jess
Missing
Joanna Chaplin
May 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Fun. A little predictable, though.
Stacy
Melissa
Jul 04, 2012
Anne Wolfe
Oct 04, 2016

• Sailor Moon Box Set 2 (Vol. 7-12)
  • A Kiss of Fate
  • Blood Prophecy: Kallen's Tale  (Witch Fairy, #2.5)
  • Silken Shadows (Killdaren #3)
  • What Ho, Automaton! (Reeves & Worcester Steampunk Mysteries Book, #1)
  • Confessions at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #2)
  • If He's Dangerous (Wherlocke, #4)
  • Almost a Princess (Men from Special Branch, #4)
  • Knight Games Box Set  (Knight Games, #1-4)
  • Kindred Rites (Night Calls #2)
  • Demon's Bride (The Hellraisers, #2)
  • Flood Rising (The Water Keepers, #4)
  • Stolen Magic (Guardians, #2)
  • Once Upon an Autumn Eve (Faery, #3)
  • Touched by Love
With several million books in print and New York Times and USA Today's bestseller lists under her belt, former CPA Patricia Rice writes emotionally-charged contemporary and historical romances which have won numerous awards, including the RT Book Reviews Reviewers Choice and Career Achievement Awards.

Her books have also been honored as Romance Writers of America RITA® finalists in the historical,

Magic (6 books)
  • Merely Magic (Magic, #1)
  • Must Be Magic (Magic, #2)
  • This Magic Moment (Magic, #4)
  • Much Ado About Magic (Magic, #5)
  • Magic Man (Magic, #6)