Start by marking “The Yoga of Time Travel: How the Mind Can Defeat Time” as Want to Read:
The Yoga of Time Travel: How the Mind Can Defeat Time

The Yoga of Time Travel: How the Mind Can Defeat Time

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The author, a theoretical physicist, uses an ancient Hindu meditative technique, that draws on yoga and quantum physics to show that time is a flexible projection of the mind.
Published October 1st 2004 by Quest Books (IL)

To ask other readers questions about The Yoga of Time Travel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yoga of Time Travel

Owlseyes
"Time is a fire that consumes me, but I am that fire"
J. L. Borges

"every soul desires something impossible"

The book starts with the dialogue between the Queen and Alice on Wonderland. The Queen is suggesting to Alice that memory may work both ways: regarding past, and regarding future. Yes, but how can you recall something which didn't happen yet?

The author makes the case for the premise that what's just "possibility", may become "probability"; i.e. time travel may turn into reality. Drawing i
James Q. Golden
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I've listened to the audio version of this book and, in my opinion, Dr. Quantum tries hard to explain something unexplainable. Only logic seeks and deals thoroughly with explanations and there's nothing logical about remembering your future or imagining your past, so in this case, one could say it'd be illogical to use logic for time travel, even when talking using only the mind.

One needs a vehicle or a vessel to travel. In my opinion, Self is this vessel. Change the Self; change the vessel. Onc
Craig
Oct 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Nice introduction to some basic physics and quantum physics. I struggled with the translation from quantum physics and time travel theories to mind yoga and time travel. I understand that the quantum concepts are difficult to prove outright in the "real" world (the author recognizes this and states it a few times in the text). At the same time, a tad sprinkling of scientific imagination is definitely needed to enter the world of quantum physics and time travel, especially if it involves the mind ...more
Pascale
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
This work was extremely interesting. I've always been a fan of science and this book was all needed.

Strangely however, while I was more than halfway through, I started and finished "Conversations with God 4 - Awenken the Species", and both books, in my personnal opinion, explain the same concept, albeit very differently. I thought that the sub-space possibility waves and probability curves quite fit CWG's author way of wxplaining how we chose our future.

Some might not like the comparison but I r
Z
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Phew - I don't consider myself dimwitted, but this was a tough one to plough through. Immensely technical in parts, Wolf attempts to explain how mental time travel is possible - but have I learned from this book how to do it? You'll have to wait and see...
Conceptually, Wolf's theory resembles ancient Vedic philosophy as well as some Buddhist tenets, and tries to tie them into quantum physics. Drop the trappings of ego, and because linear time is created by ego, you should be able to step outside
biblio-empire
May 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
It is precisely at the point where science and spirituality meet that we come to find the magical. A physicist who can take us there is Fred Alan Wolf, who as the author of nearly a dozen works that seek to abridge the divide between the two fields, has been described as a scientist on the “fringes of mainstream science”. In The Yoga of Time Travel, Wolf ventures into the realm of quantum physics by exploring black holes, parallel universes, and wormholes to entertain the idea that spiritual pra ...more
Maureen
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a mathematician/physicist type but I've loved the concept of physics/quantum physics etc since I was really young. I also have loved studying alternative philsophies like yoga. Fred Wolfe does a fantastic job in bringing this to the lay reader. There were 2-3 chapters that gave me a challenge. I stuck with it and was rewarded later by being able to keep up as he refers to what he's explained before to build to where he's going with it. At the end, a wonderful synopsis of each chapter hel ...more
Brendan
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Of all the books I've read that deal with the intersection of Eastern Spirituality and quantum physics, this one falls the heaviest on physics content. It's intriguing and interesting, but I'm left wishing for just a little more yoga.
nik
May 31, 2011 marked it as dont-read
Shelves: suspect
His blogpost should help get an idea.
Andrzej
Ātrs skrējiens gar fizikas, kvantu fizikas, relativitātes un stīgu teorijas, psiholoģijas, meditācijas un apzinātības lauciņiem. Gar pašu maliņu, tipinot un balansējot.
Tari
Jan 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
(5 stars if I could thoroughly understand this!)
Scottsdale Public Library
Whoa!!! Want to time-travel without moving??? Here's a for-real quantum trip into the depth of your mind…safe journey! -Doris S.
Remaining
Mar 18, 2012
K_i_t
Jan 03, 2011
Ora Havens
rated it did not like it
Mar 08, 2018
Aug 02, 2010
Laveena
May 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • God Is Not Dead: What Quantum Physics Tell Us about Our Origins and How We Should Live
  • Sex, Drugs, Einstein, & Elves: Sushi, Psychedelics, Parallel Universes, and the Quest for Transcendence
  • The Secret Teachings of Plants: The Intelligence of the Heart in the Direct Perception of Nature
  • The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena
  • My Life as a Seer: The Lost Memories: The Lost Memoirs
  • The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, and Grace of the Earthkeepers
  • Secret Societies and Their Power in the 20th Century: A Guide Through the Entanglements of Lodges with High Finance and Politics
  • Matrix Energetics: The Science and Art of Transformation
  • Water Crystal Healing: Music and Images to Restore Your Well-Being
  • The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness
  • Living Deeply: The Art  Science of Transformation in Everyday Life
  • Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • The End of Materialism: How Evidence of the Paranormal Is Bringing Science & Spirit Together
  • Psychotherapy without the Self: A Buddhist Perspective
  • Cleansing the Doors of Perception: The Religious Significance of Entheogenic Plants and Chemicals
  • The Wisdom of Your Cells: How Your Beliefs Control Your Biology