Start by marking “Champion (Legend, #3)” as Want to Read:

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  142,351 ratings  ·  13,926 reviews
He is a Legend.

She is a Prodigy.

Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.

But ne
Published November 5th 2013 by Putnam Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Champion, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Flint Lockwood I liked the ending.. no more books needed! Lu left the ending for our imagination and defining such a dynamic relationship would ruin it for me. Just…moreI liked the ending.. no more books needed! Lu left the ending for our imagination and defining such a dynamic relationship would ruin it for me. Just be happy he lived!! (less)
Deb The trial wasn't just physical and mental there were psychological elements and it judged attitude and loyalty to the republic. Someone Day's aptitude…moreThe trial wasn't just physical and mental there were psychological elements and it judged attitude and loyalty to the republic. Someone Day's aptitude and anything less than blind adherence to Republic dogma was a danger and even more so if well trained. (less)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,576 books — 11,067 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsInsurgent by Veronica Roth
YA Dystopia Novels
1,289 books — 10,842 voters

More lists with this book...

Taschima
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
description

If Prodigy made me want to cry and scream and pretty much throw a tantrum like a little girl, Champion made all my troubles go away. I am very well satisfied with the ending of this series, and although I still have lots of questions for what will happen in June's future I can fill those gaps with my own imagination. Marie Lu did a wonderful job with this entire series, and ended it in a bittersweet note. Without giving out too many spoilers, or none at all, Champion will make your eyes water bu
Emily May
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
And... it's over.

This series has come a long, long way from where it started and has managed to shatter boundaries and exceed expectations where, in my opinion, other series like Divergent and Blood Red Road have failed. It started out like almost every other piece of dystopian fiction released in 2011. Some random political facts thrown about, set in a future United States that was torn apart by war, oppressive government in power and, of course, a nice little side order of romance that could *
Nicole
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GIVE IT TO ME NOW BEFORE I JUMP OFF A CLIFF FROM MY FEELS. YOU DON'T DO THIS TO ME. YOU DON'T END A BOOK LIKE THAT OK. I NEEDED JUNE TO TELL DAY THAT SHE LOVED HIM. I'M NOT KIDDING THIS ISN'T UP FOR DISCUSSION AHHH ASJLDJFSDKLAKD WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO GO DIE OK.

description

I'M LITERALLY SITTING HERE LIKE THIS I'M GOING TO EAT BOXES OF ICE CREAM NOW.

AHHH IGAKFSHOS THERE'S A NAME. CHAMPION YESS I LIKE I LIKE IGAKSGOHLFKS STILL FAR AWAY IM GOING TO GO CRY SOME MORE.

EVERY
Ails
5 STARS

(WARNING: MILD SPOILERS)

"I think I don’t care about you anymore, that things will be easier once you’re far away, and then all of a sudden I’m here again, and you’re..." Day pauses to look at me. The anguish in his expression is a knife cutting through my heart. "Why do I do this to myself? I see you and feel such—" He has tears in his eyes now. The sight is more than I can bear. He takes two steps away from me and then turns back like a caged animal. "Do you even love me?"

■■■

My emotion
Nick
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
____________________________________________
“Then Day reaches out and touches my hand with his. He encloses it in a handshake. And just like that, I am linked with him again, I feel the pulse of our bond and his- tory and love through our hands, like a wave of magic, the return of a long-lost friend. Of something meant to be. The feeling brings tears to my eyes. Perhaps we can take a step forward together.

“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.”

________________________________
William
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
FINAL REVIEW

Just...
How did Marie Lu just wrap up this amazing series with an ever more so amazing book?!

This book makes we want to do this:

This: BECAUSE MY BRAIN ISN'T WORKING AFTER READING THIS, like NO!

This: OUT OF SHEER PERFECTION

And this all over again:

To explain the awesomeness that is the book, I must start when I saw this book at the public library.

^ Yeah that was me. Deal with it.

Then came the reading. Big mistake of starting it when I had work to do because guess what I did instea
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Holy crow! This book had me sad crying and happy crying!

I loved this ending to the trilogy. Although, there was a lot of sadness and worry throughout the book I was just hoping and praying it was going to end well. In a sense it did, but it's complicated.

They go to war, or I should say are attacked and they are trying to get help from Antarctica and things are all kinds of crazy and scary.

Some things are going on with little Eden and with Day. I was so worried. I love little Eden =)

June is t
Cait • A Page with a View
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopian
Usually when people tell me that a book is super emotional I wind up shrugging at the end instead of crying because I've braced myself for the worst. And SO many people kept telling me I'd be sobbing at the end of this book that I went into it ready for pretty much anything.

BUT I WAS NOT READY FOR THAT.

Ughhh not ok.

But oh wow that was an awesome trilogy. Marie Lu writes the most amazing character-driven & action-packed stories. I am so thankful to everyone who talked me out of my "I'm over
Jenna
Jan 22, 2013 marked it as on-hold
Recommends it for: Why do all the good books come out in 2014?
Edit 4:
That cover is beautiful! I want it now!

Edit 3:
2013 guys! 20-freaking-13! This is amazing! THIS IS SO GREAT! I'm just so excited!

Edit 2:
*Screams* We've got a placement cover! I'm so so so excited! Can't wait until we get the real deal cover!

Edit:
So it has a name? Champion... I like it! :)

Wait... 2014...?

Eve
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-books
description
Eh. Well. The first book is always going to be the best, am I right? I just wish Champion could've denied that statement. But it did not, and now I am here, dejectedly sipping gingerbread tea and morosely eating my cheerios while writing a review that should've been filled with screaming and jumping gifs, yet all it is filled with is a distressed Ariel and a run-on sentence.

2 things:

1. Marie Lu is still an extremely talented writer, and if you think I hate her in any way, shape, or form, I ho
Kat (Lost in Neverland)

Cover Reveal:

Come to me, darling.

After Finishing

WARNING: If you like happy endings, you may not want to read this happy ending-bashing review

Almost a year has passed since June Iparis was initiated back into the Republic as one of the new Elector's Princeps-Elect and Day Wing became a part of the Republic's army.

The country is on the brink of war as a new plague outbreak sweeps through the Colonies.
After not speaking or seeing one another since the day they parted ways, June and Day are sc
Ninoska Goris
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Español - English

Daniel "Day" Wing vive ahora como un ciudadano libre, junto a su hermano Eden.

Day y June han tenido que renunciar a muchas cosas para facilitar la paz en La República.

Tras ocho meses de estar incomunicados, lo llaman para invitarlo a un festín con el Elector pero no es más que una excusa para solicitar su ayuda nuevamente, pero esta vez le pedirán más de lo que está dispuesto a dar.

Este libro tiene mucha acción y es muy emotivo, pero ODIO el final. Odio los finales abiertos.

Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
BEFORE READING
No no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
YOU DO NOT GET TO END LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please hurry up and come out!!!
Please tell me that the ending was untrue!!!!
PLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:
HOLY CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE'S A COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how I feel about it, BUT THERE'S A COVER!!!!!!!
WE'RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE RELEASE DATE!!!
Brian
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: waiting

This is me after rereading the last chapter over and over again... Why the hell do you do that and make everyone wait a year! She should have said " I love you!" That's what i'm waiting for, so that better be like the first line in the book! Not in her head, needs to be said directly to him!
Like this:

But Day I just wanna...

Μaria Vrisanaki
Πολύ ωραίο και ρεαλιστικό τέλος!

Θρύλος: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ και μισο
Παιδί-θαυμα: ⭐⭐⭐
Πρόμαχος: ⭐⭐

Το πρώτο παραμένει το αγαπημένο μου! Δυνατό και γρήγορο, γεμάτο εξελίξεις, αν και το ρομάντζο μου φάνηκε κάπως βεβιασμενο.
Στην πορεία αισθάνθηκα πως η ιστορία έχανε την έντασή της. Σε ορισμένα σημεία γινόταν βαρετή και οι σκηνές τραβουσαν. Ενώ στα βιβλία 2-3 έχουμε περισσότερες σελίδες, στο πρώτο έχουμε περισσότερα γεγονότα σε λιγότερες σελίδες.
Επίσης ηθελα να δω πιο πολλές σκηνές ανάμεσα σε ντευ και τζουν. Δεν δέ
Ari
Perfect books are just.. perfect! *wiping tears of happiness*

This is one of the best conclusions to a series! The very best.

Seriously! And it felt so ..right, you know?
Not all butterflies and cheers and happiness, but right and real and beautiful and raw.
The action, the suspense, the dramatic romance, the bittersweet ending… every moment and every page, every single word in this book.. EVERYTHING was perfect. I couldn’t have imagined a better ending for this series, I wouldn’t have it any othe
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
Solid book. Solid ending. Solid trilogy.
Liam
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'M A MESS!

MY HEART'S A MESS!!

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL!?!?!

I'm so incredibly emotional right now I think I need some serious help...
Natalie Monroe
EDIT 14/3/2015: I MET MARIE LU AND IT WAS FUCKING GLORIOUS.

SIGNED COPY, BITCHES.

After I finished Champion, I just stared at the wall for several minutes, trying to sort out my feels. For the rest of the night, I was numb, unable to do homework or anything constructive because Marie HAD ripped a hole in my heart that can only be filled by another good book (though it'd most likely tear me a new one, too. Dammit)

The Characters:

Day:

He was my favorite character throughout the series. Nothing to say
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am rating this 5 stars even though I had quite a few problems with it, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are a few things that I wish were tied up better and the ending was a bit frustrating at first, but I'm leaving this trilogy feeling satisfied.
Angela
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
You have GOT to be kidding me!! 2014?!?!?! After that ending? Oh hell no!

Farah
Mar 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dystopia
———before

THE FIRST TWO CHAPTERS OF CHAMPION I CAN'T. (x)

----

THE COVER IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK SO BADLY IT HURTS. ACCIO NOVEMBER! Nope? Nothing? *okay*

NOVEMBER 5th? Really?
That feels like an eon away.

It's weird but ^ this GIF hurts me more than any book release date ever could.
Lily ☁️

Are you familiar with the feeling of not knowing which book to read next, and not really wanting to, because there’s that sinking feeling in your stomach, that knowledge, that no other book will ever rival the one you just finished? That’s how I feel right now. Because, in all seriousness, Champion is perfection.

There are only a handful of books that have received a fiv
Sandra

GENRE: YA/DYSTOPIAN/ROMANCE

Champion is the anticipated last book in the Marie Lu's stunning dystopian Legend trilogy....

and by the end it left me feeling a LOT like this...

If you are thinking this will end 'happily ever after', think again.

I mean, why would you even think that since ,like, 99.9% of dystopian books these days end up freaking tragically?

I was screaming in my head. This.Cannot.Be.Happening.Again.

All i want is a decent, happy ending to a good dystopian trilogy!
Am i asking for t
Claudia Ramírez
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad.

And I really really really liked this book. It was so AWESOME and full of action and love and grieve and ME CRYING IN MY BED HUGGING IT.

This book made me realize that dystopian books never end well enough for me to be happy. This ending was a little like Cassie Clare's Clockwork Princess: A sad happy ending. And I REALLY liked the ending, but oh, it made me cry so much. I think what June decided at the end was really noble, but I don't know, also a little coward? I think Day and her wou
Mizuki
Oct 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Book, you deserve to be hit over the head, nothing more, nothing less.

(Link: http://vampirekiki.deviantart.com/art...)

Note: I read the Chinese translation of this book, won't bother to pick up the English text.

I would have given this book 2 or even 3 stars, if the warfare and the politic weren't handled in such a clumsy way *and* the ending hadn't turned out as ridiculous as this:

(1) The Ending:

(view spoiler)
Kristalia
Final rating: 5/5 stars

You're gonna suffer, but you are going to be happy about it.
- Ron, Harry Potter

“You once told me why you chose ‘Day’ as your street name,” she says firmly. She moves her hand so that it’s over mine, hiding the paper clip ring from view. The warmth of her skin against mine makes my breath short. “Every morning, everything’s possible again. Right?” (...)
Finally, I take a deep breath. “Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as ha
Eva Rose
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
All that drama and feelings! It was really great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Marie Lu has done a wonderful job taking June and Day from being two infatuated teens to full blown love. I am so very, very happy with this series ending. Lu outdid herself in the feelings and plot department.

Marie Lu has really grown as a writer, she portrays feelings on a much deeper level and her abilities to flesh out the subtle intricacies of June and Day's relationship have grown. Champion no longer hinge on acti
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
what a way to end a series, oh man.
Simona Bartolotta
I... I need a moment. A night. A day (Daaaay I will never be able to use this word mindlessly again). So I don't know when the review will be ready. Could be in half an hour as well as tomorrow. When my feelings will be fine again, instead, well, that's another story.

A few hours later (or whatever. I think this series deprived me of my sense of time):

"Our dance around each other always seems like it's doomed to repeat itself over and over again."

Marie Lu officially enters the circle of my favour
Crazy for Young A...: Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu → Start Date: December 5th, 2018 33 10 Dec 10, 2018 10:37PM
Addicted to YA: Champion 81 511 Nov 23, 2018 06:05PM
Ending... good or bad?? 118 1465 Oct 24, 2018 04:57AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu- Restarting April 5th 2018 181 319 Apr 25, 2018 01:37PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Champion [Mar 23, 2018] 25 31 Mar 25, 2018 11:06PM
Let's Read People!: Day and June in the end 1 1 Feb 26, 2018 07:48PM
Let's Read People!: Day and June in the end 1 2 Feb 26, 2018 07:48PM
  • Never Fade (The Darkest Minds, #2)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
  • Vortex (Insignia, #2)
  • Raging Star (Dust Lands, #3)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Rebel (Reboot, #2)
  • UnDivided (Unwind, #4)
  • Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, and Raven (Delirium, #0.5-#2.5)
  • World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
  • Deception (Defiance, #2)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)
  • The Lives We Lost (Fallen World, #2)
[Note: Many apologies, but I'm woefully bad at checking my Goodreads emails! If you'd like to send a note/msg, please catch me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Marie_Lu . Thanks!]

I write young adult novels, and have a special love for dystopian books. Ironically, I was born in 1984. Before becoming a full-time writer, I was an Art Director at a video game company. Now I shuffle around at home and ta

Legend (4 books)
  • Legend (Legend, #1)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
  • Untitled (Legend, #4)

“Hi,” he says. “I’m Daniel.”
“Hi,” I reply. “I’m June.”
1236 likes
“Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.” 1099 likes