Start by marking “Where the Four Winds Collide” as Want to Read:
Where the Four Winds Collide

Where the Four Winds Collide

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  193 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Adeline Buckley escapes her abusive father only to find herself in a brothel, on a stagecoach to the untamed west and married to a stranger, all in that order. Plotting another escape becomes harder, the more she gets to know her new husband.

Jackson Pruitt didn’t expect a secretive mail order bride to show up the same week cattle wrestlers absconded with a large part of h
Published January 1st 2013 by Desert Breeze Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Where the Four Winds Collide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Four Winds Collide

*TANYA*
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this ebook by chance in a Goodreads daily deals email, and I loved it. So freaking cute and endearing.
Yuana
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, read-2018
3.5 star
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Oh, that all Indie authors could tell a story this well. It's sweet, romantic, passionate, and even bit humorous! It's at times heartbreaking and at other times inspiring...a thoroughly enjoyable historical romance.

Blurb -

Jackson Pruitt didn’t expect a secre
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
*I received a free ARC of Where the Four Winds Collide from Enchantress of Books Blog Tours in exchange of an honest review*

This review was first be posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews on Wednesday, May 22nd as part of a blogtour, there will also be a giveaway.

Sweet, fun and intricate historical western romance.

*I received a free ARC of Where the Four Winds Collide from Enchantress of Book Blogtours in exchange of an honest review*

Where the Four Winds Collide is a sweet western romance,
Lori Meehan
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
This is a great book and I highly recommend it to everyone.
Adeline Buckley escapes her abusive father and fiancé only to find herself in the untamed west of Texas and married to Jackson Pruitt. Jackson thinks she is his mail order bride. Adeline and Jackson have great chemistry but keep some big secrets from each other that might just tear them apart.
This was my first book by Hildie McQueen and it won't be my last.
Sunny
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
A short, sweet read. Not complicated or complex, but one that leaves the reader feeling content.
Franjessca
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I had the chance to meet Hildie McQueen in person this past February and I have been wanting to read her books every since. I went searching through Goodreads and added them to my TBR list right away after I met her. When I received an email to be apart of Hildie MQueen's Where the Four Winds Collide, I jumped at the chance. It gave me a chance to finally read one of her books and also to kick myself in the butt for not making time sooner to read her books.
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
WHERE THE FOUR WINDS COLLIDE by HILDIE MCQUEEN

Where the Four Winds Collide by Hildie McQueen is one of the many reasons that I listen to recommendations by my reader and author friends. I inevitably find some obscure or lesser known author that deserves to be seen and heard.

Virginia, 1865: Adeline Buckley has run away from an abusive father and a fiancee who promises to be her worst nightmare. After being beaten by her father, she escapes to the local whorehouse where she is taken in and cared f
Trina
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The story starts in Widow’s Rock, VA, 1865, with Adeline a 23 year old woman trying to escape a horribly abusive situation with her father and fiance. She ends up in the small town of Four Winds, TX, where she meets Jackson Pruitt, a lonely cattle rancher. As the tale between Adeline and Jackson wove its way into my heart, I was amazed and shocked at the twists and perils they would have to over come to get a chance at happiness together. The choice between truth and lies is something we all str ...more
Melanie Macek
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - It's been a while since I've read an historical romance in a Western setting. I'm really glad I gave this one a read. It's got just enough romance to keep me interested, just enough of the historical Old West to remind me why I loved these type of books in the first place and characters that are well developed and easy to care for. Adeline and Jackson are believable, and flawed just enough to make them real. My only "complaint" is that I wish Heath and Jessica would have had their ow ...more
Kurt Bennett
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading this draft copy. Being a sucker for happy endings I think I had to hold back a tear. Great story, my favorite Hildie McQueen work to date. I cant imagine why a publisher hasn't snapped this up yet. It is truly a jewel. Great characters, excellent plot, and some twists to keep you on edge.
Susan
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical, romance
I loved this book! I felt the characters' frustrations, joys, pain and sorrow. I cried a bit. I laughed. And I wanted to take a few of the characters aside and have a nice heart to heart "what in the world are you thinking" chat with them.

Disclaimer: I won my copy of this book and I am a member of Hildie's street team. The comments in my review are mine and are my honest opinion of the book.
KatLynne
Well written, sweet, warm romance that I enjoyed.
I'd like to read more by this author.

This book courtesy of InD'Tale Magazine for the purpose of reading/rating as a participant in judging this year's RONE Awards.

InD'tale Magazine
High praise for Hildie McQueen! Readers will alternatively cheer, blush, and cry over Adeline and Jackson as they struggle to be together.

Full review in March 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Nicole Normand
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book discounted on Amazon via BookBub; this is my honest review.
-The title caught my eye and thought it would be unusual to find a place where the four winds collide.
-It was funny how Jackson and Adeline met and got married; I wouldn't wish it on anyone, though.
-Their relationship is sweet and their love affair grows slowly, as it should. But there are so many lies that it also brings hurt, guilt, doubt, mistrust and bad decisions.
-There is a lot a drama in the story; mostly with Ade
Bobbie Sue
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touching and hearfelt

This book, is definately about forgiveness. I just don't know what to say. I laughed, I cried, my heart broke for Adeline. Hildie McQueen brings such emotion to all her books.  Hildie writes real life. She doesn't sugarcoat the way things were. Her books can be raw but they tell a story you won't forget. Adeline was a prime example of the life that some women had to endure in this time period. If you want to read a book with true emotion, then you need to give this one a try
Kathy Brickert
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I really enjoyed this story! With true love overcoming all obstacles it gives one hope for the future. Too often so many stories leave us feeling sad, but this is a HEA ending. Loved it!
Carrie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book

This was a great book. I didn’t give 5 stars because I couldn’t believe Jackson would let billy just take his wife. What a disappointment as a hero!. I like this author and most books are on kindle unlimited. I only wish the other would add all her books on KU.
Patti Brennan
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved ITV

I never read the original version but I loved this one wonderful characters a great plot, love, forgiveness and exceptional writing everything a good book needs am looking forward to reading more like this.
Judy Esposito
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where The Four Winds Collide!

Wow, A lot going on here and I loved it! Lots of twists and turns before getting to this HEA and I enjoyed the journey. Well written, great characters and a good enjoyable storyline. What more could a dedicated reader want! JudyE
Penny Albee
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story!

Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down! Another masterpiece by Hildie McQueen! Can't wait to read more from this author!
Sharon Buchbinder
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When Adeline Buckley finds her fiance having sex with another woman in the barn while she's helping his sister deliver a baby, she calls off the wedding and the jerk knocks her around. The creep goes to her father, a man with a drinking problem, and tells him they've been having relations and insists on marrying her. Adeline's father beats her while the creep stands by and grins the whole time.

Abused, but not beaten, Adeline gathers her meager belongings together and after a brief stint of work
Jacky Faber
A Christian book. While there was Sex in the book, it was PG. Also, God and faith was mentioned several times. Although Jackson and Heath were not Christian in their treatment of their father in his last days. Yes, he abandoned them when Jackson was 15, but I thought good Christians were supposed to be forgiving.

One thing that really bugged me is Adeline feeling ashamed that she was not a virgin and felt unworthy of Jackson. Jesus, having sex with your fiancé does not make you a loose woman, im
Jean
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I could not put it down. Ms.McQueen sucked me into the story right away. Adeline's plight touched my heart. I was so worried about her. The author wove a wonderful story full of heartbreak, love and redemption. Just as I thought Adeline was a goner, the author threw a good person or two in her path. The humanity of the characters, imperfect, but lovable, made this book seem so real. Yes, I fell in love with Jackson! The historical setting of the old West was fascinating. She put me right in the ...more
Wende
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Adeline was woman on the run from her abusive. She had gone through so much to make her the person she was. Jackson was a man who had some rough edges and he found Adeline. She smoothed them out as well as made him a home. This book was about excepting and forgiving. After all her father had done to her because of his love of drinking she still forgave him. As she told Jackson: "It's about forgiveness." She locked gazes with Jackson. "And trust. I want to know I can forgive him and not harbor an ...more
Miriam Rivera
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
enjoyed it!

I read an excerpt of the story on the authors page, and thought it was going to be a quirky funny story. I was wonderfully surprised when after the quirkiness the intense drama and hurting made an appearance. This story kept me up late at night and I enjoyed every minute of it. The characters found the forgiveness they needed to give and received to move forward and it made the story come to a complete circle.
G
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Adeline & Jackson

I truly enjoyed this book. I loved all of the characters & the way they shared their lives with me. There was heartbreaking moments with tragic results. These were made better but the reader is able to go through it with the character. I am eager for other books in this time frame by this author. Hildie has not disappointed this reader. I encourage others to enjoy this story
Lindi Peterson
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hildie McQueen has written a beautiful historical novel. The story is emotional, funny, lovely. I was drawn in immediately and I never let go. I enjoy historicals, but haven't read a western in a while. I'm glad I read this one. The hero was my type of guy. :) The heroine was strong, yet vulnerable in just the right places. I hope there is another western in the future. I will be reading it for sure.
sharon trotter
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Four winds

I could relate to parts of the story as I also had a father that was very unforgiving makes u really mistrust people. The ending was very much worth the wait she got the life she so very much deserved very good read
Mona
Apr 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I'm not sure if I like this book or not. Some of the book just doesn't ring true to the time period and setting, but it's also a very sad book in parts. I don't think I would recommend it to anyone, actually.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Her Prairie Outlaw (Prairie Brides #6)
  • The Mail Order Bride's Deception
  • Loving Justice: El Camino Real
  • Storm Warning (Security Specialists International #4)
  • Short Straw Bride
  • Safe In His Arms (Love's Command, #2)
  • Unraveled by the Rebel (Secrets in Silk, #2)
  • The Rancher's Mail-Order Bride (The Dalton Brides, #2)
  • The Bad Boy's Biggest Mistake (The Law Castle Bad Boys #3)
  • An Improper Situation
  • Running Scared (LCR Elite, #3)
  • Train Station Bride (Crawford Family, #1)
  • Gideon's Secondhand Bride (Six Brides for Six Gideons, #1)
  • A Willow Creek Christmas (Willow Creek, #6)
  • Miracle in New Hope
  • Midnight Rider
Bestselling author Hildie McQueen loves unusual situations and getting into interesting adventures, which is what her characters do as well. She writes romance because she is in love with love! Author of Romance in Highland historical, Western Historical and contemporary, she writes something every reader can enjoy.

Most days she can be found in her pajamas hiding from deliverymen while drinking te
More about Hildie McQueen