Start by marking “The Gatekeeper (Otherworld series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Gatekeeper (Otherworld series, #1)

The Gatekeeper

(Otherworld Series #1)

Ever since I can remember, I’ve had strange dreams that always came true, and experienced terrifying powers that set me apart from everyone else.

It’s not until my eighteenth birthday do I begin to understand what those dreams mean. When my grandfather is attacked and left for dead, I am thrust into the Otherworld—a medieval-like land of beautiful immortals with amazing gif
Published (first published April 28th 2014)

Maggie Chatterton
J.A. Templeton has created another amazing work of art. The Gatekeeper is a remarkable story that takes you into another world. A world called Parthas. It pulled me in from page one and I had trouble putting it down for anything. The book made me laugh several occasions and had me on the edge of my seat as I fought from chewing on my nails. Each character that was introduced was fascinating to me and had me aching for more. I made predictions throughout the book; some that came true and some tha ...more
Cass
Umm, I think I would of like it a hole lot more, if there was hole lot less drooling over eye candy and lot more moving the story along. God what's she's like 18 and was acting like shes 13. I was rolling my eyes so much, they where almost rolling out of my head. Well on that note, if you like googly acting, over hormonal 18 year old that acts more like shes 13, then this book would be what your looking for. I gave this a 2 star because the story had potential BUT the mane caricature, her hole p ...more
Stephanie
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow !!!! i couldn't put it down :) i read this in one day. Every single page i finish kept me wanting more and more i couldn't put it down . It was an amazing read and i can't wait till the next one come out !!!! . This book takes you to the otherworld of "parthas" full of a few love connections and flirtatious situations. This is a perfect read in my opinion and i would recommend it, as i would to all J.A. Tempelton's works
DY Dayana
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never liked anything to do with paranormal. But JA Templeton has raised this strong interest on paranormal books in me. I started reading her MacKinnon's Curse series, which was amazing. This new Otherworld series is crazy good as well! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE 2ND BOOK!! I have grown to love her writing style & story development.
Stacy
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, excellent. I have come to expect this level of excellence from J.A. Templeton. I love her books-all of them-and she is one of the few authors I buy without reading the content blurb first.
Tara Humphrey
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! I finished this book in record time and now I wish I hadn't, the next book isn't out yet. I have some book hangover from this one. I spent so much time trying to figure out who was lying and who was true. I love it when I am surprised. Can't wait for the next book!
Fran
Apr 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a ARC of this book. And I am so glad to have read it. Like all of J.A. Templeton's books this is another Great read.
She brings a whole other world to you. It has mystery, intrigue, backstabbing, and love all rolled in to a amazing story. I look forward to the next in the series.
Tasha Muterspaugh
read in less than 24 hours!

This book is awesome! The thrills, suspense, and vivid pictures puts you in the book! As if you were really there! J.A. Templeton has a talent that is fierce!
Kay C
Larissa :) [HIATUS]
Jul 26, 2014
Robbert
May 13, 2014

• Returned (Pendle Hill, #1)
  • Belvedor and the Four Corners
  • The Darkness of Light (The Dia Chronicles, #1)
  • The Heidelberg Ghost
  • Hope's Decree (The Fated #1)
  • Glimpse of Darkness (Chronicles of the Cursed, #1)
  • Doorways to Arkomo (Spirit Oak's Gift, #1)
  • Mystic
  • Real Immortals
  • The Prophecy (Divinity Stone #1)
  • The Academy Alignment (The Academy #1)
  • Tabula Rasa (Tabula Rasa, #1)
  • Closure
  • The Rose of Cavendish: A Darkness, a Rose and a Desire
  • Harrow
  • Fairydust
  • The Air Singer (The Cantors)
  • The Pendragon Protocol
J.A. Templeton is the YA/New Adult pen name for adult romance author Julia Templeton. A psychic medium, Julia loves history, travel, and reading in every subgenre of romance, especially young and new adult.