Start by marking “Enter the Agent (Chronicles of M, #1)” as Want to Read:
Enter the Agent (Chronicles of M, #1)

Enter the Agent

(Chronicles of M #1)

Out of print.
Kindle Edition
Published March 12th 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Enter the Agent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enter the Agent

Wanda Hartzenberg
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Ok so what this story has going for it.
It is fresh and new and skirts around or go via continents to avoid the same-ole-same ole

That is the really cool part.
For in the end this is a zombie story. By the middle of the book the reader still does not know that but gets some hints that nothing is really what it should be.

However what the story lacked. The characters gave way to the plot. Their development, I think is left to as an evolving sub plot in what I figure is a series of books. This did not
Flora Smith
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, this was such a fun read! It definitely had a little bit of everything espionage, secret operations, science fiction, super heroes and a touch of mystery.

Samuel Horne decides to embrace retirement from being an agent to the stars when he finds himself in a bank robbery. After the robbery he is approached by a man offering him a position in a secret organization. Curiosity getting the best of him, he looks into the offer.
Flora Smith
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this for review.

There was just enough of this story to make me want to read more. This is a super short read but very intriguing. Samuel Horn is an agent to the stars and has just retired when he find himself in the middle of a bank robbery. After talking the robbers into turning himself in he finds himself offered a new job.

Samuel Horn is a likeable character and the story definitely keeps your attention. However it feels like the first chapter in a much longer novel,
Julie Powell
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was sent a copy of this story by the author for a review, and I really enjoyed it. I liked the way it was so different and unexpected - and very well written.

Although a quirky and offbeat novel...and fantastical in many ways...the storyteller had a wonderful way of making it believable, with many twists, turns and surprises - just great.

I don't give spoilers, but will say that this book is definitely worth reading if you like the unusual - highly recommended.

I look forward to reading the next
Jeremy Poole
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chronicles of M Nicholas Forristal
I started Reading this in a very negative frame of mind. I don’t read about super heroes and their lives. This book changed my opinion, it really was fun, and the Zombies were new not the usual over used stereotypes, no, they had personalities. This is a good book.
If you want to try something a bit different, that’s fast and funny, thrilling and well written, perhaps a dip into the life of the super hero M would be up your street.
I got this on my kindle for free
Dorian
Apr 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
WHAT?!?!

I had high hopes for this book. It started out so interestingly. About half way through, I thought I had skipped a part so I kept going back, rereading only to find it was so choppy that I could hardly believe it was the story I started reading. I loved the hidden basement and all its levels and descriptions but then it got murky with too many unanswered questions, especially the ending!
Rudolf Waldner
Nov 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put it down. When's the next installment, I need more. Soon. Please!
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
In the Chronicles of M by Nicholas Forristal we meet Samuel Horn and M.

Samuel has just retired and is making his last deposit at the bank when it is held up by bank robbers. Going from paralyzed with fear to taking control of the situation, Samuel gets everyone out safe, and catches the attention of a government agency.

He is met by a man named Thomas who is convinced that the only way Samuel was able to do what he did was that he has some latent talent that lets him control people. His hope is t
Millie
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Laurie
This book was such a surprising read, and so much fun. Samuel is a new hire, tasked with a mandate to persuade his new obnoxious client to channel his all-consuming anger and high-handed arrogance in less destructive ways. Sam’s job is to encourage his client to behave better by utilizing his own formidable negotiation skills.

While the main story is told mostly from Samuel’s perspective, there are also several chapters given over to other voices as characters step forward with their own tales;
Stephanie Dagg
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Chronicles of M
Another reviewer has referred to this as a short story, but at 56,000 words it’s a very respectable novel. (Short stories are anything from a couple of thousand words to 10,000 or so and novellas generally come in at around 40,000.)
It’s this author’s debut novel and a very convincing, accomplished one. It’s a multi-genre story, touching sci-fi, fantasy, horror (light), mystery and paranormal. And I love it. Yes, I edited it, but I don’t feel motivated to write 5-star reviews for e
Steve Downes
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!........ Brilliant story. Nicholas Forristal has created a masterpiece in the Chronicles of M.
A story that will run and run.

It's the day after you've retired. You've been working hard for 30 years. Putting up with primadonnas, egotistical celebrities but it's all over. You can settle down for a quiet life.

And then .......... BOOM!

You're caught up in bank robbery, which you somehow foil.
You meet a mysterious man named Thomas, who tells you that you have an amazing power of persuasion.
He wan
WiLoveBooks
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure exactly what I was getting into when I started reading, and that was part of the fun. Chronicles of M is from the point of view of Samuel, a 50 year old agent who is retiring after too many years of dealing with spoiled celebrities. Samuel just wants a peaceful retirement but, because of a special talent he has, he ends up being recruited to handle the temperamental M. I enjoyed Samuel's commentary and observations. He is just a regular guy getting mixed up in the the supernatural ...more
Heather
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to have faith in a book when you begin reading and there are three to four editing issues on each page. Missing words, missing punctuation; ugh I wanted to quit. But the writing suckered me in.

Chronicles of M is the beginning of a long story arch. I knew this going in, and it felt like I was watching Star Wars I - you know there is more to the story, so you settle in to learn that story from the beginning. I found the premise to be intriguing. I liked the main character, Samuel, becau
Billy Young
Apr 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting tale though a little rough around the edges. A zombie which evolved to be more human than monster I found a distraction from the tale. I would have preferred that the story had centered more on M. Yes I know this was from Samuel's telling the story of how he comes to work as M's minder so to speak. This is still a great read though short. One which you could read a lot quicker than I did as I find little time to read these days. I suppose this is another reason that I didn't get c ...more
Eyehavenofilter
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had everything...zombies...demons... Magic spells...invincible M, what a character! It barreled over me like a steamroller. I never knew what was going to happen next. That doesn't happen very ofern believe me! I like being surprised by a story, not having a cookie cutter plot. This was one heck of a wild ride and I'm glad I put on my seat belt before I reading.
Thers so much going on here it was a task to keep up, but it was fun and scarey at the same time. Just the ticket for this time,of
Georgiann Hennelly
Chronicles of M is a fun read and very intriguing. Samuel Horn is an agent to the stars. He has just retired when he finds himself in the middle of a bank robbery after he talks the robbers into turning themselves into the police he is offered a new job. He meets Thomas a mysterious man who believes M has some amazing powers of persusion . Throw in Zombies , a dmon and multilated bodies and you have one fantastic read. I look forward to reading more books by Nicholas Ferristal
Bill Clarke
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This is the first book of this type that I have read. it was fast paced, and it was very hard to put down.
Doug
Aug 30, 2015
Mary
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2018

Chronicles of M (8 books)
  • Chronicles of M: Ammit (Book 2)
  • A'loc (Chronicles of M #3)
  • Consequences (Chronicles of M, #4)
  • Five Man Midget Death Squad: A Chronicles of M Story
  • The Lords' War (Chronicles of M, Book 5)
  • Hitori
  • The Purge (Chronicles of M, Book 6)