Start by marking “Snapshots” as Want to Read:
Snapshots

Snapshots

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
It's said the eyes are the windows to the soul, but that's a lie. They are snapshots of a time yet to come–the future of the person to which they belong.

Cyclop Blaine stands out in a crowd with his pale skin and mismatched eyes, but it’s his ability to see the future that really sets him apart. The unusual gift makes him an invaluable asset to Tyler, his adoptive father an
ebook, Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Snapshots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snapshots

Tiffany
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
READ THIS BOOK IF:
1. You enjoy a little science fiction.
2. Teen sexual situations of discovery don't bother you.
3. You are prepared to read about gangs (not presented in a terribly violent way, don't worry) and child abuse.

I bought this book mostly because I was looking for something to read and none of the other books I was looking at interested me. I had just finished Patricia Lynne's other book, Being Human, and read a sample of Snapshots that was offered to me. I was intrigued, so I thought,
Daniel Kaine
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Snapshots tells the story of Cyclop (Cyc) Blaine, a boy with the ability to see the future when he meets another person's gaze. With his Father dead, and left on a street corner to fend for himself, he becomes adopted by the Victory Street Gang's leader. But he can never truly escape his past, and the voice whispering to him, 'Mine'.

I seriously loved this book. It's a quick, entertaining read, written in such a way that the writing never bogs you down. It flows quickly and with an ease that make
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog on July 31st, here

There’s something different
The very first thing that everyone should be aware of before starting this review is just how imaginative this story is. I found it difficult to put down and when I wasn’t reading it, I kept going back to it. It is a novel that is unique and different and has an easy writing style that really helped to make the novel better. I would easily recommend this book to sci-fi fans but also to anyone who just wants
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Sep 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I got through this book rather quickly. Even within the writing, some parts in the book moved to fast, while other parts of the book moved at a normal pace. The writer also tends to skim over what seems to be key events, and I wished that they had gone into more depth about those events. Otherwise this alien book was interesting, featuring of gang involvement and scientific experiments on our main character.

The book centers around a character called Cyclop, taking place in a gang's house. He’s a
JennRenee
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I jumped on this book as soon as I saw the cover and read the synopsis. I thought is sounded amazing, and it was. I am not even sure where to start with this review. The book was intriguing from the very first page. From the first word to the last word I was engrossed. A page turner for sure. The story has action, mystery, huge creep factor, a bit of romance, and a tad of sci-fi mixed in.

Cyclop Blaine is a teenage boy who lives with a gang that runs half the town. He was found around the age 5
Beth Cutwright
Aug 26, 2012 rated it liked it
When I first started this book I was distressed to learn Cyclops was a gay individual. I would by nature steer clear of that kind of literature, but I continued to read and was pleasantly surprised--the fact Cyc was gay, was not a focal point of the story. During his stay with a gang, colors green, Cyc also met Amber and questioned his feelings for her. He had a special gift and could see the future of others when he made both eyes contact with another. Always tortured by nightmares that someone ...more
Vixen
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Going into this book I was really looking forward to another great read. My hopes were high and I was expecting awesomeness... I am sad to say that it wasn't such amazingness as I would have liked.

I read Being Human, and I loved the book. (view spoiler) Maybe it was more of a sci-fi that got to me rather than vamps, but it was good for what it was. Even though it made me mad because it had so many turns! It was like the
Nikki Archer
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This story is so well written, I read in one siting Absolutely a must read the author pull you right in this unique world. John Blaine AKA Cyclops, is adoptive to a street gangs, who raise him when, he was small cyclops, is what he father tyker call him.. Cyalops don't no his real name or his birthday..cyclops hear voice is in he head telling him. your mine and he think it from his life before the gangs found him..you see cyclops is not normal he can look right in your eyes and see future ..he
M.B. Mulhall
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to read a beta copy of Snapshots!

Snapshots is an interesting tale of a boy with a power and a past he can't explain. Cyc only wants to belong, to be human and know he doesn't belong to anyone but himself.

The story takes some unexpected twists and turns that will keep you turning the pages, eager to get to the end.

Lynne keeps the story interesting and different from most of the other YA stories that are out there right now. It a nice change to see a male main character as well.
Erin  Black
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon.

Originally posted on Bookluvrs Haven. www.bookluvrshaven.blogspot.ca
Nai
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was supposed to be posted during the blogger book fair but the Internets didn't play nice.
What is the Blogger book fair?

It's two weeks every year that I get to make myself go crazy with contest, reviews, blog posts, and have the ability to meet hundreds of new authors all in one week.

A slight hiccup in Internet ability delayed the last three of my reviews, but I promise they'll be posted quickly. I've done what I could and given them stars/reviews on GoodReads, but there was no way I was
Jemima Pett
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This is one of those 4.5 star books. 4 on Goodreads, 5 on Amazon. Which is hard because my kindle seemed to want to put my rating on both as I finished it. Yet Goodreads and Amazon's '5' have different descriptions. Ah well. This is an excellent book. Full review to follow.
Morgan Dragonwillow
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I went to the Book Birthday Party on Patricia Lynne's blog and from the fun character interactions I decided I had to read this book! I wasn't disappointed! This book had me feeling for the main character Cyclop and hoping that things would work out for him. There was a lot of action and I found myself quickly reading and worried about what was going to happen next. A lot of suspense and just the right amount of love story without it gushing and the intimate scenes were tastefully done.

At one po
Misha Estrada
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya, aliens
I really enjoyed this book. I didn't see the ending coming. There was suspense and excitement throughout the book. I'm a grownup, but I would also recommend this book for teens. (The boy is discovering his sexual identity, so if you are homophobic, this book may not be for you. That is a small part of the plot, though, and there are no sex scenes (gay or straight) in the book.) I loved Cyc's perseverance despite having little guidance and not too many good breaks in life.
Karen
May 24, 2012 marked it as to-read
How hot is the guy on this cover? *swoon*
Renee
May 22, 2012
Susan Quinn
May 22, 2012
Patricia Lynne
May 23, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Preda Maria Loredana
Oct 09, 2012
Enchantedtoreadyou
Oct 10, 2012
Celebrating With Reviews, Giveaways and Author Interviews 1 2 Jul 23, 2013 09:37PM
Patricia Lynne never set out to become a writer, and in fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was all about art. On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head. That was the start of it and she hasn't regretted a moment. She writes New Adult under the name Patricia Josephine.

Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will r
More about Patricia Lynne