Start by marking “No Holding Back (The Garrisons, #1)” as Want to Read:
No Holding Back (The Garrisons, #1)

No Holding Back (The Garrisons #1)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  144 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
SHE HAS ONLY ONE WEAKNESS... Isabel Turner knows how perilous the professional racing world can be--on and off the track. As a PR executive representing NASCAR's top drivers, she spent years proving her worth. Now, as she's about to take over her uncle's high-powered position at the firm, Isabel stands to lose her reputation, job and her uncle's respect--just to have racer ...more
Published November 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about No Holding Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Holding Back

Jennifer Robb
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers, contemporary romance readers, NASCAR fans
Recommended to Jennifer by: K. Cheshire
I could have done without all the references to Isabel's and Cade's former one night stand (that serves to fuel their lingering attraction for each other). I wish the authors had used a different scenario for getting these two main characters together (as well as not having them sleeping together while secretly dating). I also didn't like that Cade seemed to turn to alcohol fairly often--something that seems odd for a race car driver to be imbibing in--though to be fair, he never drove his race ...more
Lindsay Allison
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I am giving this a solid four stars for a couple of reasons.

First, I enjoyed this significantly more than I thought I would. I enjoy reading contemporary romance novels, but I wasn't expecting to be too excited about this one mostly because it was about NASCAR. I don't like NASCAR and therefore had never read a NASCAR book. It's the reason why this has been sitting on my bookshelf for 5 years and I hadn't read it yet. I was expecting little to no interest in the book.

I was wrong.

It's always exci
Judy
Jul 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
No Holding Back by Liz Allison & Wendy Etherington
The Garrison’s Book 1
Isabel Turner had a rough life until her uncle took her into his home when she was fifteen. She owed him for everything, especially her job. Isabel followed the rules and did well at her PR job until one night she broke one of the rules. She couldn’t be involved with any NASCAR drivers, especially not one endorsed by a competitor.

Cade Garrison was the youngest in his family and after an accident that removes his brother
Alyson Allman
May 05, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: strictly-romance
It's pretty rare that I give a book one star but honestly I had a hard time getting through this book.

Let me start by saying I am not a NASCAR fan, and I was given this book by a friend because they know I love romance books.

This book was disappointing to me from start to finish. First of all the main female bars get is so immersed in her work she has no time for anything, except apparently a random hookup with a nascar racing champion? And then that one hookup turns into her basically being o
Amy "the book-bat"
This book fulfills requirement 9 ~ sports for the 2015 eclectic reader challenge. (could also count for #5 ~ Contemporary romance)

This book is the first in a trilogy of NASCAR based romance novels written by Liz Allison and Wendy Etherington. As a NASCAR fan, I felt the racing-related parts of the novel were very accurate. This is largely due to the fact that Liz Allison was a driver's wife, so she would have been involved in the sport. I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I just wish the character
Just - The romance reader
Apr 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I'm not a Nascar fan, but I do love fast cars and hunky athletes so the book has definite appeal. The characters had good personalities and the chemistry between them was good.

"No Holding Back" is an enjoyable read with plenty of action, and details to make the story not just a fluffy romance. The plot had real life complication and drama added to the romance, which was great.
Catherine Edwards
Jul 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was insanely good. I reread it every couple months, thats how much I love it. And the good news is the next book in this series is due out soon and will be availible in days! YEY! This book is an awesome read. It ties into the other Harlequin stories but isn't dependent on them anymore than they are dependent on it.
Nicole Thomas
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Found that I am truly hooked on this series of books. FINALLY!! Harlequins that are smut free. Any true NASCAR fan will appreciate that each and every author in the NASCAR Library has taken the time to get every last little detail of the sport precise and accurate.
Carol
Mar 29, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book in the Nascar series was a fast, good read. Perfect for taking on vacation or reading at the beach. I learned more about NASCAR sponsorhips and the difference between the Nextel series and the Busch series.
Cheryl
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
it not a heavy read, nice and light with just enough struggle...I think this is the 5th or 6th time I've read it, great when I need a smile and heck there's even some NASCAR tossed in!
Tanya
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good.
Jodi
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
Read this trilogy backwards so I was a little bored reading this one last.
Rkb 2015
Apr 20, 2010
Dawn
Jun 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Total Control (NASCAR, #5)
  • Almost Famous (Harlequin NASCAR #9)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Thunderstruck
  • Back on Track
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • Danger Zone
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
  • All the Right Angles
  • Into the Wild (The McGraws, #2)
  • Special of the Day
  • The Power of Love
  • This Perfect Kiss
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Marshall Conrad: A Superhero Tale
Liz Allison is the widow of NASCAR Legend Davey Allison - who passed away July 13th, 1993 after the helicopter he was piloting crashed at Talladega Speedway in Alabama.

Since his death, she has authored and co-authored several NASCAR related books. She recently broke into the Romance genre by co-authoring the book "No Holding Back."

She also does TV and Radio work
More about Liz Allison...

The Garrisons (3 books)
  • Risking Her Heart (The Garrisons, #2)
  • Winning It All (The Garrisons, #3)