Start by marking “Some Good News (Cobble Street Cousins #4)” as Want to Read:
Some Good News (Cobble Street Cousins #4)

Some Good News (Cobble Street Cousins #4)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  216 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
"Lily can be the typist.
Rosie can create the headlines.
And Tess can do the artwork." And since Aunt Lucy has an old typewriter and a copy machine, it looks like the cousins have everything they need for their great idea -- a newspaper! What a perfect way for the girls to show how much they love living with Aunt Lucy on Cobble Street. Now the only thing the cousins have
Hardcover
Published June 1st 1999 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Some Good News, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Good News

Sara
Nov 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-school-year
A very sweet and funny little book. My children loved the humor and the tenderness. I am a big fan of how much focus Cynthia Rylant puts on elderly neighbors. Nearly every book of hers that we have read has hightled a single person of senior age and always with such vitality and warmth. I think that these books will do great things for my children's love of the neighbors.
Caroline Herfindahl
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another charming book about three girl cousins and their time together at Aunt Lucy's house. The girls put together a newspaper for the neighborhood and make lots of new friends in the process.
Dolly
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
The books in the Cobble Street Cousins series are feel-good books about being creative and loving and having fun. The girls all get along wonderfully and have the nicest ideas, especially to their elderly neighbors. We've really enjoyed reading the books in this series and we are looking forward to the final book, Wedding Flowers (We read Summer Party first, not realizing that it was part of a series, so we went back and read all of the previous stories. Now we are caught up and ready for the en ...more
Yumi Learner
Feb 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read the forth book of the series today. I quite enjoy reading each book. I especially like the forth one. Each book has a season, and the forth book season is my favorite season, spring!

In the forth book, we have a new character. He is a friend of Michael's grandfather. What is the coincidence! We also have a new animal character. He is a pet dog of Michael's father. Although I am a big fan of dogs, I am very curious of the dog.

So, I can't wait to read what will happen to next!
Maggie
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I remembering falling in love with the people of Cobblestreet when I first read this in elementary school. I adored the three girls, I adored the aunt and Michael, and I adored the flower shop. Yes, the characters are underdeveloped, and it's not the greatest book ever written, but it has a certain charm that will definitely appeal to children.
Janet
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh, to have fun with one's cousins and these three are having an adventure living together with Aunt Lucy for the year. In this title the girls write a newspaper about Cobble Street and give it to their neighbors. The newspaper and its stories are shown in the illustrations.
Sandee Mariner
Apr 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
i felt like the main characters were under-developed. but it was cute and taught good social skills.
Maya Madhavan
Sep 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
They made a newspaper called The Cobble Street Courier. They interviewed Michael. Michael has a dog.
Relyn
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: girls, girls everywhere
Recommended to Relyn by: I love Cynthia Rylant.
Shelves: 2012-reread
I absolutely adore this series by Cynthia Rylant. It's like a starter course of women's domestic stories. I betcha the little girls who love these books will grow up to love Rosamund Pilcher, too.
Hannah
Jul 03, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Emma
This was the last book that I read in this series. The Cobble Street Cousin send out their own newspaper!
(In Comparison: This is like a younger version of the Beacon Street Girls.)
Tiffany
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cute story for the niece. She loves the story because the girls are a lot like her. They love to have a project and something to "surprise" others with.
Lisa
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet books. Love that the three girls are such go getters!
Rachel
Sep 16, 2007
Glamour868
Jun 16, 2016
Sarah Brodsky
rated it did not like it
Aug 11, 2014
  • The Chameleon Wore Chartreuse: A Chet Gecko Mystery
  • Ruby Lu, Empress of Everything
  • The Magical Ms. Plum
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out
  • The Halloween Hoax (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #9)
  • Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes (Mercy Watson #6)
  • The Witchy Worries of Abbie Adams
  • Biscuit's New Trick
  • It's Snow Joke (Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo, #22)
  • Penelope Crumb (Penelope Crumb #1)
  • The Berenstain Bears And The Baby Chipmunk
  • The Case of the Stolen Baseball Cards (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, #5)
  • Candlelight for Rebecca (American Girls: Rebecca, #3)
An author of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children and young adults as well as an author and author/illustrator of picture books for children, Cynthia Rylant is recognized as a gifted writer who has contributed memorably to several genres of juvenile literature. A prolific author who often bases her works on her own background, especially on her childhood in the West Virginia mountains, she ...more
More about Cynthia Rylant

Cobble Street Cousins (6 books)
  • In Aunt Lucy's Kitchen (Cobble Street Cousins, # 1)
  • A Little Shopping (Cobble Street Cousins, #2)
  • Special Gifts (Cobble Street Cousins #3)
  • Summer Party (Cobble Street Cousins #5)
  • Wedding Flowers (Cobble Street Cousins, #6)