Start by marking “Beyond the Grave revised edition: The Right Way and the Wrong Way of Leaving Money To Your Children (and Others)” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  89 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This expert, one-of-a-kind handbook shows you how to:

Ensure that your inheritance instructions will he carried out -- the way you want them to be

Protect your child's inheritance from creditors, ex-spouses, addictions, tax troubles, mismanagement, squandering, and other risks of loss

Prevent family conflict that can arise when parents die and children divide the "family mone
Published June 19th 2001 by HarperBusiness (first published January 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Grave revised edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Grave revised edition

Mireille Duval
I wanted to read this, honestly, for the sordid stories of families torn apart by ~greed. Like I had this idea that my siblings and myself were definitely above such tragedies. But as I read the examples, I realized that even in my amazing family, some stuff needed fixing, and before the death of the parental unit - which we did fix! So, thanks, this random book about estate planning!

Apart from my parental stuff, this was an entertaining read, considering the subject. (Well, I skipped the part a
Jon
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good back, really talks a lot about inheritance and real life issues. Took me a while to get through but finally did.
Jan
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are creating or updating your trust, read this! Really, really, really easy to read with frequent anecdotes. Gives you what thoughts to ponder as to how and why to plan what happens to what you leave when you pass to the Great Unknown. Easy to skip around to the chapter you need.
J. Ewbank
Apr 23, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-good-read, health
This book by the Condon's is excellently presented and covers what you need to know as you are aging in relation to how to leave money to your children and others.

When you are older and have a little money and you want to do certain things with that money, this is the book for you to help guide you through a difficult and emotionally charged area.

This book will provide an abundance of ideas and help for the older to study and think through. It will also help you with making out a will and other
Shayne
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Shayne by: bogleheads?
Shelves: real-book
Clear thinking and straight talk on inheritance and such. Worth checking out from the library for a quick review. The author's emphasis on 'equalization' as a means of not destroying family harmony is worth considering.
Marta
Nov 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Parents and their adult children
An informative and revealing view into the personal emotion, and the legalities that will visit each and every one of our families, when we die and leave our love, possessions and money to family and friends.

A must read for every person with adult children.
Glenn Banks
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
i enjoyed this book even though i am not married have no kids, i just like the knowledge. i think i may ask my parents a few questions, and i do hope my brother ken has a plan since i know he does not like a son-in-law. it would be nice to know that he would not get any money.
Nov 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Eye opening but easy to read book. Question and answer format very helpful structure.
Greg