Start by marking “F Is for Flag” as Want to Read:
F Is for Flag

F Is for Flag

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
June 14 is Flag Day, but with so many American flags proudly displayed, every day seems like Flag Day. Perfect for reading together with a young child, F Is for Flag shows in simple terms how one flag can mean many things: a symbol of unity, a sign of welcome, and a reminder that-in good times and in bad-everyone in our country is part of one great big family.
Published April 15th 2002 by Grosset & Dunlap

To ask other readers questions about F Is for Flag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about F Is for Flag

Lea Suesz
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: informational
This informational picture book was very successful in communicating the importance of our nation's flag. It was not the most interesting or exciting book ever, but it was educationally valuable. You could use it in the classroom to introduce a lesson on national symbols. You could also read it on any American-themed holidays happening during the school year. If you taught younger students, you could read it around the same time they are trying to remember the pledge of allegiance.
Theresa
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it

F Is for Flag (Paperback)
by Wendy Cheyette Lewison
teaching about patriotism with letters and terms about having spirit and love of country
Karleen Merchant
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book to read to children for Flag Day
Ashley Steele
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This books shows how Americans around the United States celebrate the American flag and the symbolism we show. The pictures look like a child is drawing the pictures and they are on an adventure with the flag. One of the picture shows a parade celebration on the flags national day which is June 14th. Another picture shows some children and adults singing the national anthem while some get emotional. The narrator talks about where we put the American and the colors of the flag.

I liked this book a
Whitney Maglott
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
F is for Flag is about the symbolism behind the US flag we see around us. It talks about how we see the flag in different places and that it can mean many things like unity, welcome, or serve as reminders for good and bad times. This book would be great for students to read by themselves because it is an easy read with not many words and pages, as well as the pictures going along with the words. This book would be perfect as a take home reader for students to practice their reading at home.
Shelby Usrey
Nov 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
This book is perfect to read in a classroom during social studies! It's very informative about the American flag! How it represents everyone in the America and how there are many places people hang the flag! The illustrations are pretty neat! Students could learn a lot from this book.
Matthew
May 26, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was written for a very young audience as a piece of nonfiction about flags. It didn't get bogged down in too many details, but it kept its focus throughout. It's just the right length for a read aloud and it is a very effective illustration of the meaning and purpose of the American flag.
Alyce Dougan
Apr 16, 2011 rated it liked it
This a cute elementary book about the Flag. I read it to 2nd graders while I was doing a unit on citizenship. The book has interesting facts about the flag, is educational, and easy to follow. I would use it anywhere from Kindergarten to third grade.
Katie
AR BL: 2.7
Points 0.5
Jenelle
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Geared toward a younger audience, but a good way to teach why the flag is important to our country, why we show it respect, and why it is a symbol of patriotism.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »