Start by marking “Bone, Vol. 7: Ghost Circles (Bone, #7)” as Want to Read:
Bone, Vol. 7: Ghost Circles (Bone, #7)

Bone, Vol. 7: Ghost Circles

(Bone #7; issues 40-45)

The adventure starts when cousins Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone are run out of Boneville and later get separated and lost in the wilderness, meeting monsters and making friends as they attempt to return home.
Published August 15th 2008 by Cartoon Books (first published 2001)

Mario
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bartleby's back! About damn time. Missed that lil guy.
Pardis Ahmadi
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
These are absolutely my all time favorite Comics ❤ ...more
Michelle
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, fantasy

Review originally posted here.

Why I Read It: Next in a series. Only two more to go before I'm finished!!

JEFF SMITH COULD YOU BE ANY MORE DEPRESSING?? I THOUGHT THESE WERE FOR CHILDREN!!

Seriously though, I've been saying in every review since volume 3 "this series just keeps getting darker and darker" (because it has!) but this volume takes the cake. Someone (semi)important DIES for crying out loud. It's mostly "off-screen", but still. Grim.

I liked this volume, but it felt like a lot of build-u
Matthew Hunter
Bartleby's back! The kids were over the moon when he reappeared.
Faryal
Mar 29, 2014 rated it liked it
The Bone series is written and illustrated by Jeff Smith. Bone: Ghost Circles is the 7th graphic novel out of 9 graphic novel series. Ghost circles begins with Jonathan severely injured lying in a cave. Here you learn that Lucius was in the arms of the Hooded One and also that the regiment was ambushed by the Rat army. Lucius since then has been deemed a traitor, however no one knows where he is. Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, Smiley Bone, Grandma Ben, and Thorn now must embark on an epic adventure to ...more
Mathilde
Jul 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: from-library, mangas
Bartleby is back and he is talking! How great is that?
Gabe
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book, the 8th book, and the 9th book in the span of 3 days.
Josh
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The slowest section yet, but it was interesting to realize Smith has put references to all kinds of Ohio locales throughout this story. Atheia= Athens, Conkle’s Hollow and Old Man’s Cave in the Hocking region...
Tommy Hancock
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nearly has good as the last few I rated 5 stars, but the ending didn't get me quite as bad. Still so, so good. Can't wait to finish the series :)
Fox
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghost Circles brings us closer and closer to the end of the series, and as such the action has begun to ramp up considerably. This entry has death, has terror, has heightened stakes the likes of which this comic has yet to see. The valley is destroyed, beloved characters are severely wounded, and even infected by the enemy. There is still humor, but it is stilted now, forced by characters pushed nearly to their limits and attempting to hold things together. Much as we readers are doing the same ...more
Claudio
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The comic book, "Ghost Circles", written by Jeff Smith is a very peculiar comic owing to the fantastic setting and characters that it involves and so perfectly extrapolates. The comic starts with a lot of action, with two different parties going to war. During the interval of the battle, a nearby volcano explodes leaving all of its surroundings in ashes. The volcano exploding meant that the Locust surged to life again. The Locust is an evil spirit that in the ancient times used to fight dragons. ...more
Dylan
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
The bones, Thorn, and Gran'ma are trying to flee from the hooded one while the hooded one has sent ghost circles all over the valley. Ghost circles are a invisible portal that sends you into a dimension with dead stick people.
Jenna Becker
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
i really liked this book i do recommend it. this book it is is about where thorn is trying to get past the ghost circles.
Christopher
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hope feels so near as our heroes nearly finish a treacherous journey to Atheia. But there are still two volumes! Gah!
Paul Bulger
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I imagine I’m going to return to the first few entries very soon. My favorite thing to do when it comes to a series like Bone, is to go back so I can pay more attention to how the hell it got to where it got to.
Kandice
Feb 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now things are getting real. This volume was much more intense than previous volumes.

I'm going to stop reviewing until the final volume.
Arya Moaref
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Summary

It started out with the Rat Creatures attacking the people and beating them in the battle. Bone and his brothers with Thorn and her Grandmother are on their way to Atheia. Through their journey they have to avoid ghost circles which are the dangerous holes which you don't know whether you are in a fake world or reality. The hooded one is back and tries to attack thorn but they get past her. We are left with a little mystery when they do get very close to the city of Atheia but many troubl
Carrie
Carrie Ackerson
Graphic Novel

Fone Bone, Phoney Bone and Smiley Bone have left Boneville. A volcano has erupted and there’s a war going on; they are traveling with Gran’ma Ben and Thorn, trying to get Thorn to safety in Athenia. Pursued by evil rat creatures and by Gran’ma Ben’s sister Briar, the Bones and their party must cross the land of the dreaded Ghost Circles, small dimensional gateways to other places. If they aren’t careful, they won’t make it to Athenia…

The artwork in this graphic novel
Wes Lisi
Nov 02, 2016 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to finish the series but do not start with this book you will get very confused
A dormant volcano erupts, taking down trees, and filling the land with soot and ash. the Bone cousins along with Thorn and Gran'ma Ben struggle to reach safe haven in the city of Atheia.
Bone Vol. 7 Ghost Circles by Jeff Smith
The style of how this book was written compared to the others has little saturation and has a focal point on the main characters as they walk through the destroyed forest.
The characters are likeable because no two are alike at all. Some of the characters like Thorn and Fone Bone are developing slowly through th
Ian
Jul 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Instead of writing scenes, Smith runs his characters through a setpiece full of ghost circles, the least cinematic plot device in the history of plot devices. It's literally characters walking around, fretting--not even discussing, just fretting--about ghost circles, for a full volume. Oh, also, he finally thinks it's a good idea to explain why he changed Thorn's character entirely.

In short, all telling and no showing, which is a shame, because the reverse is almost always desirable...especially
Laura Hernandez
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ghost circle is about a volcano explodes, and The Lord of the Locusts is released with the eruption. The Bone cousins along with Thorn and Gran'ma Ben struggle to reach safe haven in the city of Atheia. Meanwhile, Lucius Downs lies severely wounded and trapped with the villagers in the camp at Old Man's Cave.

Christopher
2015 reread? I started to doubt if I actually ever finished this series way back in the day, but I do remember a piece of Vols 8 & 9, so I guess I did? Hmm. Anywho.

Life as we know it has ended, so many are dead, and you cease to exist if you touch the invisible circles that cover the valley. Let's take a walk.
Hannah Belyea
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Lucius is down for the count as he reveals a hidden past that has left him marked a traitor, leaving Fone and the gang to traverse dangerous terrain to reach the Ancient Capital of Atheia. Smith will have readers on the edge of their seats with this exhilarating entry to the beloved series. One wrong step is all it takes to get lost forever...
Jose Ayala
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
the book was really funny because the guy in the book(bone)he is so scared of everything but then he fights for his crush to save her.and book was really cool when the ghost comes and I would recommend this book to my brother cause he loves bone books
Angel Alaguna
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a very good book because it has very good settings and also has very misteries things like ghost circles which is what the book is called because if you step in one you dike or go to an other demension
Madison Henson
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Against this apocalyptic, the Bone cousins along with Thorn and Gran'ma Ben struggle to reach safe in the city of Atheia.
Arush Ul islam
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best graphic novel I have read so far
Daniel Garcia
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like that bad men catch girl princess because reason cant help in jail just problem?\
Josh
Nov 02, 2016 added it
I wanted a free book and this website said read option, I make an account and all I can do is say what I think, but bone is really good, my rating on this is for goodreads, do not lie about what you have in stock, I just wanted to read bone: ghost circles as that is where I am and and I do not want to pay for it on iBooks in the middle of the night, that you goodreads for making me make a dumb account I will never use, now I will tak up the last of the characters because this is exactly 500RiNow ...more
Michael
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loeg-archives
The final act wasn't quite as good as the previous acts, but it was still better than 93% of the other comics out there. The previous arcs had set a VERY HIGH standard.

My quibbles:
Ghost Circles drug a bit. Although Smith's ability to draw dirty, worn-out, exhausted, filth-covered people is second to none.
I miss the humor of the earlier arcs. By the end, even Phoney isn't very funny. He's not getting into bad situations - he's just being a petty, shallow jerk without any pay-off. In fact, Phoney'
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Class of 2015: Bone Ghost circles 1 4 Mar 26, 2014 11:28PM

• Bone: Quest for the Spark Vol. 3
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 4: The Dragon Bellow Conspiracy (Usagi Yojimbo, #4)
  • Flight, Vol. 4 (Flight, #4)
  • Owly, Vol. 4:  A Time to Be Brave (Owly, #4)
  • Courtney Crumrin in the Twilight Kingdom (Courtney Crumrin, #3)
  • The Sign of the Black Rock (Three Thieves, #2)
  • Bayou Vol. 2
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See other authors with similar names.

Born and raised in the American mid-west, Jeff Smith learned about cartooning from comic strips, comic books, and watching animation on TV. In 1991, he launched a company called Cartoon Books to publish his comic book BONE, a comedy/adventure about three lost cousins from B

Bone (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Rose (Bone, #0)
  • Bone, Vol, 1: Out from Boneville (Bone, #1)
  • Bone, Vol. 2: The Great Cow Race (Bone, #2)
  • Bone, Vol. 3: Eyes of the Storm (Bone, #3)
  • Bone, Vol. 4: The Dragonslayer (Bone, #4)
  • Bone, Vol. 5: Rock Jaw Master of the Eastern Border (Bone, #5)
  • Bone, Vol. 6: Old Man's Cave (Bone, #6)
  • Bone, Vol. 8: Treasure Hunters (Bone, #8)
  • Bone, Vol. 9: Crown of Horns (Bone #9)
  • Bone: Coda