Start by marking “Construction Countdown” as Want to Read:
Construction Countdown

Construction Countdown

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Ten mighty dump trucks rolling down the road.
Nine earthmovers scraping up
a load . . .

Count down from ten to one with the busy
construction trucks!

Something wonderful is going on, and every kind of truck has an important job. But what are all those bulldozers and backhoes doing? This bright and lively counting book will delight young construction fans everywhere.
Construct
Published May 1st 2004 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Construction Countdown, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Construction Countdown

Katy
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
As counting picture books go, there are definitely better ones. I'm not crazy about this book, but it could work for storytime if needed.
Rosa Cline
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, 2017
If you have a child that likes construction vehicles then this book is for them! This is also a numbers count down backward book. From 10 to 1. Illustrations are wonderful in this book as well as the text. My adult special needs son LOVED this book. We spent time counting, talking about the names of the vehicles, the various colors of the vehicles and at the end of the book shows both boys and girls playing so I would ask him to tell me "Is this a boy or girl" This book has lots of learning oppo ...more
Kelly
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the ending. Sweet, simple counting book.
David
Construction Countdown by K.C. Olson, illustrated by David Gordon is a countdown of construction vehicles from ten to one.

Olson's text features a bold font, making this book easy to read-aloud or use for a storytime. Construction vehicles shown include dump trucks, earthmovers, bulldozers, payloaders, graders, rollers, Concrete (mixers) trucks, backhoes, and skid loaders. Descriptive words used include mighty, rolling, scraping, reshaping, grumbling, leveling, packing, scooping, haul and gigant
Jane
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for pre-readers. The rhythmic text is catchy, and the pictures are colorful, and build to a surprise ending. Even better, the final spread contains all the machines from the whole book, so little ones can search and match machines and colors, which builds the attention to detail needed for reading. Great for truck and construction lovers!!
Sylvester
Sep 27, 2014 rated it liked it
3* art
3* concept

Number books irritate me. (Where's the story?) Squirt liked this one a lot, though. At one point during the day he said to me, "Four cement mixers, round and round." I knew he was referring to this book, and was surprised to see that he was thinking about it beyond the time it was being read to him.
Sarah Souther
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Starting with ten mighty dump trucks, the book counts backwards using brightly-colored construction vehicles to illustrate the numbers. Obviously, this will be a hit with machine-crazy little folks. It's a good, solid counting book with a little twist at the end. Age 2-5.
Kristin
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Our not-quite-2-year-old and his dad loved this book (I liked it too!). It's great for counting and learning colors (we would say, can you find a red truck? etc). And of course it's full of trucks! That's an instant attraction for our little one.
Melanie
A fantastic new counting book! Ten types of trucks are introduced counting and simply explaining what they do. The rhyming in this book is simple and creates a perfect rhythm for reading.

Highly recommended for storytime.
Lindsay
Realistic painted illustrations might be interesting to kiddos but otherwise there are better books in this genre.