Start by marking “Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!” as Want to Read:

(Rich Dad #3)

Personal finance author and lecturer Robert T. Kiyosaki developed his unique economic perspective from two very different influences - two fathers. One father (Robert's real father) was a highly educated man but fiscally poor. The other was the father of Robert's best friend - that dad was a college drop-out who became a self-made multi-millionaire. In this follow-up to th ...more
Published June 1st 2000 by Warner Books (NY) (first published 2000)

Start your review of Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
Chad Warner
Jul 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: investors, entrepreneurs, business owners
Like all Kiyosaki’s books that I’ve read so far (Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom, Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich), this one is more about developing the proper mental attitude to become rich, rather than a step-by-step handbook. He opens your eyes to the possibilities of obtaining wealth, gives a few general pointers, then leaves it up to you (and your financial team) to work out the details. His books are more strategic than operational, althou ...more
Peter
Jun 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Much like all of the Rich Dad Roor dad series, this book was good, but not necessarily great. For me, it's a bit too generic and conceptual, and not not quite specific enough. However, there's not too many great alterntives in my opinion so this is still a decent and valid read.

The author does have a tendency to repeat himself in his books, as well as push/advertise for his various other products. I'm not a fan of purchasing a 200 page book and getting 10% advertising.

All in all, while not perfe
Shang Shang
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Investing means different things to different people. In fact, there are different investments for the rich, poor, and middle class. Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing is a long-term guide for anyone who wants to become a rich investor and invest in what the rich invest in. As the title states, it is a ‘guide’ and offers no guarantees... only guidance.” - Robert Kiyosaki
S.Ach
Jul 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
Q: How to piss a socialist/anti-capitalism liberal off?
A: Gift him this book.

This is not only the worst book I have read on investment, but also, one of the worst books I read on ANY subject.

I didn't like the author's most famous "Rich Dad Poor Dad" with reasons listed in my review of the same.
What could one expect from a man who idolizes Donald Trump? ( Yes, I am biased. But, in my defense, I didn't know his adulation till I finished that book)

I had bought this along with the copy of Rich Da
Tan Yi Han
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a book that aims to change our way of thinking about obtaining money.

Robert Kiyosaki starts out by asking why 90% of the world's fortune lies in the hands of only 10% of the people. What makes this 10% so different that they can dominate the world's wealth?

The main difference, he says, lies in the way we think. The poorer 90% believe in financial security through getting a stable job, working hard and squirrelling the money in the bank. Or if they do invest, they invest without the neces
Carbon
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
I hated reading this book. Why I didn't just stop reading it, I don't know. As much as this book was easy to read, a "Guide to Investing" it is not. It should be changed to "A guide to becoming a business owner".

That's not why I got the sudden urge to fling this book across my room though. It's because every chapter is written as if it should be the first chapter. Never in my life have I read "This chapter will teach you..." or some variation of that phrase so many times as I have with this book
Xuewei
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Edgeton
Feb 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book continues the RDPD tradition with discussions of financial literacy and investments. However, the book focuses more on the insider point of view: business develop and taking companies public. I just haven't found this information written in such an easy to read format. Even though I'm not yet at this stage in my investment life, I will keep this knowledge tucked away for future use...you never know when you will need it. This entire series is not about 'how to' but rather about financi ...more
vasu kapoor
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think this is like the final book of a trilogy. The Rich dad series has been of the most eye opening series of my life and has truly transformed my thinking.

This book built upon the ideas of previous 2 books and gets technical by the end. If you were paying attention to it, it gave you the secret to financial immortality.

But were you ?
Ryan Dobson
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Was not very impressed. The whole rich dad series feels cheap and full of fluff.
Vaishali
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
Loaded with practical steps from his Business Triangle. This is the book I've been waiting for, because it contains actual nuggets on dos/don'ts inside the business itself.
Tom Gonzalez
Oct 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: The Economically Challenged
This book opened my eyes to the double standard we allow to exist within America's exclusionary economy.
Class separation exists though our ignorance to the true financial game being played by the wealthy population. In fact, the system is setup to inhibit any advances without insider knowledge. Without the (now seemingly remedial) information presented within, I would have continued my class defining trajectory into medical school, only to be further pigeon holed as a quasi-self employed physic
Amer Ibric
This book was a touching book. This book tells you the reality of life. This book tells a situation and tells the reader why it is either good or bad. This book has a persepective of a rich father and a poor father. This book shows how you can live good with a wealthy or poor family.

This book has many connections. One conection that is in this book is a economic connection. This book is a type of book that you would remember about. This book tells everything that you need to know about your futu
Richard Stephenson
May 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Would recommend as a higher level, "get your mind in order before you jump right in" approach to investing. Seemed to pull some good chunks from his 1st two books (Rich Dad/Poor Dad & Cashflow Quadrant) but it did a good job of laying down a useful foundation. I felt like I could have got more out of this book, but the audiobook (running in the background at work)was not a great idea for this one.

Buy or borrow the book and give it your full attention if you want to get more out of this work.
Matt Perrone
May 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
After his first book, I think he just started publishing things to get more money. This was pretty basic stuff.
Brian
Mar 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
There is no meat to this book. Kiyosaki is a fraud.
Richard Kuhn
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is the second I've read in the Rich Dad series. I found this one to be just as informative, if not more so than the first book in the series. The author takes you on a journey in understanding what true investments are and how they benefit you. This is not a book on the stock market strategy or stock tips. This book encompasses all investments and I recommend it for anyone.
Michael Huang
Sep 08, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: blinkisted
“Rich Dad” series is yet another example of the law of getting-rich books which says the key to getting rich is not to read these getting-rich books but to write them. The author allegedly had below average results in his investing activities and really lives on book royalties.

If you really want to invest, read “the intelligent investor”.
Mindy
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
This book is about the different types of investors, the different business structure and entity, the 10 investor controls, and the B-I Triangle.

Here's some of my notes:

Don't be an average investor.

The best way to invest is to have your business buy your investments for you.

The rich created investments called businesses.

Learn how to build business and how to analyze a business.

Insurance is a very important product and needs to be considered as part of your financial plan.
It is a safety net or a
Benjamin Ooi
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
If you pick up this book to learn about how to invest in the stock market, you cannot be more wrong.

In Robert's perspective, building businesses is the fastest way to be rich when you have little to start with. Unlike the rich who have net worths that allows them to participate in high yield investments, most people don't. In fact, he uses a the 90/10 ratio to signify that around 10% of the population owns 90% of the wealth.

This book is not a step by step guide in teaching you how to build a s
Andy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book full of simple knowledge that forces readers to confront the real issue-that the vast amount of people know very little, if anything, about finances, how they affect us, or how to change them. He puts it into a simple, easy to understand format that helps you to sort yourself out and increases your desire to go looking for more knowledge. You have to take action and put it into play! Thank you again Mr. Kiyosaki for continuing to motivate people to better themselves, thank you!
Stefan Bruun
Jun 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finance
Mostly about getting the right mindset. A lot of repetition from the other Rich Dad books, but probably still very useful for new investors.
Joe
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
If your goal is to become a billionaire, this is a fantastic book. For everyone else, it's worth a read, but most of the really useful stuff can be found in Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Cashflow Quadrant.
Nicola De Coppi
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice reading, my output from the book is: I should start a part-time business.
So the next step will be to select the business to start.
Fantz
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some parts better and some parts are not as good as first book, in many chapters throughout the book, too many ideas, phrases are repeated intermittently, and 50% core values of this book are just copies originated from the first one, still worth reading, but not as valuable a book could instill a precious knowledge into someone's mind strikingly as book one.
Julius Beck
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book is not written terribly well (Robert admits that himself). It could have been have the length and contain the same amount of useful information. Nonetheless, the book was somewhat I opening to me in regards to the financial world out there, which is pretty unknown to me. It has certainly inspired me to find out more and question the old idea that a stable job in life is such a good thing.
Malvina
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Frankly, I didn't enjoy it as much as "Cashflow quadrant", which I read in one breath. However, I'd still regard it as a valuable book in my learning process. It really helped me understand in a deeper level certain topics about the world of money and human psychology, that I hadn't noticed or considered before.
Botty Dimanov
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bethany
Feb 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought it was a really good book on financial perspective. It helped me to understand what my thoughts and opinions are on money and how they were formed by my parents. More importantly, it opened my eyes to new way of thinking about money. The book promotes investing by way of creating and buying assets through starting and managing businesses, which is not earning money from a job, but through passive and portfolio incomes. The premise is to create or buy assets that generate more assets in ...more
Bari
Apr 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I wasted time on in a while. Literally the whole book is general sentences that are pretty much unless. You will find shit like "you will know you are financially smart when you know the difference between a good investment and a bad investment" you don't say!! Dumbass. This book is 99% repetition of things already mentioned in this book and previous books and 1% original content. I swear to go some sentences are repeated more than 50 times in just a 100 page. The lack of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Cashflow Quadrant...: Guide to investing 1 9 May 16, 2014 09:41AM

• Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • Tax-Free Wealth: How to Build Massive Wealth by Permanently Lowering Your Taxes
  • Think and Grow Rich
  • The Richest Man in Babylon
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Start Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below

Rich Dad (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Rich Dad's Rich Kid, Smart Kid: Giving Your Children a Financial Headstart
  • Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
  • Rich Dad's Success Stories: Real Life Success Stories from Real Life People Who Followed the Rich Dad Lessons
  • Rich Dad's Who Took My Money?: Why Slow Investors Lose and Fast Money Wins!
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich...Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
  • Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets About Money - That You Don't Learn in School!
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People

News & Interviews

“The person becomes attached to the vehicle and then fails to see all the other investment vehicles and procedures available.” 4 likes
“As Winston Churchill said, "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” 4 likes