Start by marking “The Return of the Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Return of the Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #2)

The Return of the Killer Cat (The Killer Cat #2)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  223 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
When Ellie tells Tuffy the family is leaving for the week, Tuffy couldn't be more thrilled. A whole blissful week of rolling around in the flower bed and lounging on top of the TV? Tuffy can't wait! But the cat sitter the family procures doesn't understand Tuffy's refined feline palate, and Little Miss Soppy next door seems intent on dressing Tuffy in a nightie and calling ...more
Published March 20th 2007 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Return of the Killer Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of the Killer Cat

Amina
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
cats will always be cats!
Yashpreet
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about a reverend who is ‘cat-sitting’ Tuffy, but as Tuffy doesn’t like the reverend he decides to stay out the house as much as he can, annoying the reverend. Then in an act of confusion the neighbour who was praying for a cat finds Tuffy in clothing and mistook him for a different cat, while the reverend was still looking for him.

I think this was one of the best children’s books I have read, this is because it’s very funny and it’s written in spoken English, it’s not very form
Michelle Innocent
FANTASTIC I LOVE THE BIT WERE THE CAT GETS STUK IN A TREE
Monika
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Entertaining and very enjoyable story. Good sense of how sneaky and sarcastic cats seem to be.
Daisy P
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Anne Fine
Return of the Killer Cat

Brief Plot Summary

Anne fine returns with this witty story of Tuffy, the much loved, but equally naughty and lazy cat, who runs riot while the family go off on holiday. The vicar takes on cat-sitting duties to find that Tuffy isn’t as easy to cat-sit as he first thought. Tuffy creates trouble by not eating his food, hanging out with his rough cat-friends until the early hours of the morning and yowling all night. In an attempt to avoid the vicar, Tuffy ends up ju
Melissa Dwyer
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
Orignally rated A by Linda Lafferty
If you’re a cat lover and you totally understand sarcasm, (book filled with it) you might like this book. Unfortunately, I do not think most elementary students “get it” when it comes to blatant sarcasm. I realize now that this author must fill her books with sarcasm. I reviewed Jennifer’s Diary by Fine, and I couldn’t exactly put my finger on why I didn’t like it and now I know it was the sarcasm. …Killer Cat is funny and it’s seen through the eyes of the cat
Ajmal Miah
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is a story about a cat named ‘Tuffy’ who gets up to mischief whilst his owner ‘Ellie’ and her family are away on holiday. Tuffy relishes the delights of hanging out with his neighbourhood gang of cats during the night and feasting on left over food retrieved from bin bags. He quickly becomes the bane of his vicar cat-sitter’s life by persistently refusing to eat his meals, making a mess in the garden, yowling and then getting stuck up a tree. The trouble continues when Tuffy falls out of th ...more
Shahela
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is definitely read-aloud book that must be performed in an animated way whilst being read to result in children being riveted and highly amused by the story. The cat has a Garfield-like quality; being portrayed as a mischevious, carefree, lazy character. The other characters have brilliantly been portrayed using speech and the cat's thoughts.

The story is about a cat who is left with the vicar neighbour as the owner family is on holiday and how Tuffy the cat's love for food gets him stu
Stephan
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-related
Tuffy är och förblir en av de mest osympatiska fiktiva katter jag känner till. Ungefär på samma nivå som Måns i Pelle svanslös...
Och likväl så är det svårt att sluta läsa om hans cyniska, sarkastiska och ironiska bild av världen.

Berättelsen handlar om Tuffys äventyr under en vecka då hans familj är på semester. Hur man tampas med jobbiga kattvakter, letar mat med andra katter, sjunger natten lång och klär sig i dockkläder(!)
Humor och sarkasm är väl bokens styrkor. Men inget mer än så. Den funger
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: personal-library
There's only so many types of reviews you can write for children's books, before you start repeating yourself.
Anne Fine is an extremely talented writer. She was a part of my child-hood as I grew up and I also have enjoyed books she has written for older readers (I say books... I can only remember one...)
Basically, You've got to be a good author when you write little books for children with humour and a plot-line, and also you manage to get shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal. That takes skill.
Jasmine
May 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
I was a big fan of The Diary of the Killer Cat. My son loved it. This second one I found above level and even bordering on inappropriate - comments like "striptease" do not belong in first grade reading (and yes I let my child mispronounce it there was no correction nor clarification on this one). I felt like this one pushed the envelope too much and not being nearly as enjoyable as the first one.
Katya Vinogradova
Another fun installment of the antiques of the Killer Cat. This time his family abandons him to go on vacation, and the vicar comes to cat-sit. What a bad idea! Tuffy rebels, torments the vicar, and then escapes next-door to luxurious meals and a cozy wicker basket. All he has to do instead is pretend to be Janet, the heaven-sent cat. Excellent!
Salsabrarian
Feb 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle, reader, early, humor, cats
Ellie and her family leave pet cat Tuffy in the care of Reverend Barnham while they are away on vacation, much to Tuffy's dismay, as he had been looking forward to free reign of the house. As his name implies, Tuffy has rough edges: Catty, snide and sarcastic, he aggravates the vicar to no end. For newly accomplished readers, Tuffy's story is one crazy high-jinks after another.
Chani
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
une suite ratée
Tailsmo
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
My child read this to me today in one sitting and laughed all the way through, particularly when Tuffy got temporarily renamed Janet!
Dana Salman
Just as funny as the first!
Carterkempgmail.Com
A few odd vocabulary choices make this early chapter book harder to read than it needed to be. Well, and it takes place in England. Still, the cat's attitude is funny.
B
Dec 11, 2009 rated it liked it
What happens to the wisecracking cat when his family goes away for a week. Kids will find funny.
narajaponesa
I like edgy juvenile fiction books, and books about cats. Somehow, this one seemed like it was trying too hard and yet not really giving me what I wanted. Meh.
Jeff
Jan 19, 2010 rated it liked it
If I were an 8-year old boy, I would find this book very entertaining.
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked the first book better. I don't really like how violent this series is, and this cat is a little too snarky for kids. I still recommend it.
Rachel Canning
Apr 06, 2010 rated it liked it
I hated it. ugh
Erin Seyer
Lu en français
verbava
Sep 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, cats
це, зрештою, талант – уміти доводити до сказу кого завгодно за мінімальний час. справжнісінький дар, я б навіть сказала.
Malissa
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction-kids, series
I don't know what it's I don't like about this book. I'm okay with the sarcastic cat. Maybe it's too heavy on the thoughts by the cat and too little action. Maybe kids would like it.
Ruth
Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was ok
This book didnt really exite me but it is okay... i guess
Erik
Jun 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a cute book, if not an overly complex one. Cats are known to have a unique perspective on the world, and while this book isn't ground breaking, it is mildly amusing.
Aida
Lör K.
Feb 15, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Snoring Beauty
  • Tacky's Christmas (Tacky the Penguin)
  • You Can Bet on That (Dear Dumb Diary Year Two #5)
  • Naughty Mabel
  • Merry Christmas, Splat
  • If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!
  • You Get What You Get
  • Garfield Brings Home the Bacon: His 53rd Book
  • I Thought This Was a Bear Book
  • Suddenly!
  • Monty's Magnificent Mane
Though readers often find themselves inadvertently laughing aloud as they read Anne Fine's novels, as she herself admits, "a lot of my work, even for fairly young readers, raises serious social issues. Growing up is a long and confusing business. I try to show that the battle through the chaos is worthwhile and can, at times, be seen as very funny." In 1994, this unique combination of humour and r ...more
More about Anne Fine...

The Killer Cat (6 books)
  • The Diary of a Killer Cat (The Killer Cat, #1)
  • The Killer Cat Strikes Back (The Killer Cat, #3)
  • The Killer Cat's Birthday Bash (The Killer Cat, #4)
  • The Killer Cat's Christmas (The Killer Cat, #5)
  • The Killer Cat Runs Away (The Killer Cat, #6)