Start by marking “The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance, #3)

The Trouble with Cowboys

(A Big Sky Romance #3)

Only one pair of boots - and the cowboy wearing them - can get Annie out of the mess she's in.

Annie Wilkerson is Moose Creek's premiere horse trainer and equine columnist for Montana Living. Money is tight as she tries to put her kid-sister through college and provide for her young nephew. When Annie's column is cancelled, she's given first shot at a new lovelorn column -

Published October 2nd 2012 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Cowboys

Dawn
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Well, I read The Trouble with Cowboys in less than two days. Actually, it was more like I devoured it. And I knew it would end up with my doing so. Denise Hunter’s writing always does that to me. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be ALL IN once I start one of her books.

The Trouble with Cowboys is the third book in her latest series called Big Sky Romance. I’ve had the fortune to read and review each of these books as they’ve come out in the last year or so. I’m not one to necessari
Casey
Aug 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was talking with a friend about this novel and I realized just how much I really enjoyed this last book in the Moose Creek series. It has such a fun quality to the story, but holding onto that mature (note: not edgy) texture I’ve come to expect from the author’s talented pen.

This last book set in Moose Creek, Montana might be my favorite of the three. Maybe it was the characters. Maybe it was the dialogue. Maybe it was because it felt like a forbidden romance that was thriving to succeed anyw
Caitlyn Santi
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Denise Hunter has become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors! This was a really good read that I very much enjoyed! I liked both Annie and Dylan, they were both great characters, and I don't want to spoil anything but the moment in which Dylan held Wade's eleven month old son on the porch swing just totally made me melt, there is just something about a man with a baby, be still my heart! :D
I have not read the first two books in this series and while I don't think it was necessary as
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I enjoyed this one. I've read this series out of order, but luckily its one where the books stand on their own. I'd actually like to read more in this series, its a fun setting.

I liked Annie and Dylan. They have good chemistry and it was fun to watch their relationship unfold. Annie's sister drove me nuts, she was so ungrateful and since Annie is always bailing her out of trouble she has never learned to take responsibility for anything. I have doubts about her HEA. Anyway, I liked the growth th
Kav
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you have a cowboy hat grab it quick -- you'll need it to fan yourself when the heat starts rising from these smoldering pages. Be still my heart. The trouble with cowboys indeed! And you know what? You might want to have a fire brigade on standby -- ready to put out any fires that might start courtesy of all the sparks flying between Dylan and Annie. Phew! This is one toe-curling, heart-stomping read.

Hunter showcases God's grace through the messy lives of this hero and heroine. Love the depth
Joy
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Meet the most unqualified relationship columnist ever.

Annie Wilkerson is just trying to keep her head above water. With a younger sister and her sister's child to take care of, Annie can't afford life to throw her any kind of curve balls. But who said life was fair. Her horse advice column is cut from the newspaper and now she has one choice....start writing for the relationship column or not eat. One problem...she's never been in love before.

Dylan isn't used to women being immune to his charms
Mackenzie Carol
The Trouble with Cowboys is the third book in Denise Hunter’s A Big Sky Romance series, coming after A Cowboy’s Touch and The Accidental Bride. I have really, really loved this series so far, but I think this novel is my favorite of the three. The story was just so completely perfect, and I loved Dylan from the first moment I met him back in A Cowboy’s Touch so I was super excited to find out he was getting his own book. Once I started this story and was introduced to Annie, I found I loved her ...more
Erin Shepherd
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-own
The third and final installment of The Big Sky Romance series, "The Trouble With Cowboys" by Denise Hunter, doesn't disappoint. While some authors are devoted to pumping out books like a bubble gum factory, Denise has a way of writing characters that leave an imprint on your heart that you won't forget. You don't mind that you have to wait for months in between novels because you always know what you're going to get in return: consistent storylines with memorable characters and a lesson that wil ...more
Robbin
Aug 12, 2014 rated it liked it
okay I enjoyed reading this one the only thing that made my eye twitch was the younger sister. The younger sister became pregnant at 16 and is now 20 but she really got on my nerves. She is so immature she quits every job her older sister scrapes to get for her and stays out all night with "friends" leaving the son with older sister to watch then drags in, in the morning and screams that she's grown and to leave her alone. Except she acts like she is still 16 and she's a mother. the whole time t ...more
Lisa
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Denise Hunter hit a home run with the leading men in her Big Sky series and Dylan Taylor was someone I had wanted to know more about since the first book, The Cowboy’s Touch. He came across as a total ladies’ man, but I always knew there was a heart of gold underneath the Casanova front. The heroine, Annie, was a great character, but she could frustrate the daylights out of you with her pride and prejudices. This book was about letting go of control and letting God control, which is a hard lesso ...more
Lisa Johnson
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Title: The Trouble with Cowboys
Author: Denise Hunter
Pages: 304
Year: 2012
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
What pictures do the thoughts of the western sky, horseback riding or cowboys bring to your mind? There are many who have written books about westerns, romances, love, forgiveness, and God. I am sure you have read some of these that weren’t worth the paper they were printed on; however, let me assure you that this isn’t one of them.
What makes this story unique is that it centers on the relationship
Chanel
The Trouble with Cowboys is about a woman named Annie Wilkerson, who exchanges her service to help the blind horse of Dylan Taylor for his help with her lovelorn column. Since Annie has never been in love, she figures Dylan Taylor, the town's smooth-talking, flirty cowboy, can help her with the column. The more they work together, the more sparks fly - but Annie is wary to put up walls because she knows to never trust cowboys...especially when it comes to the heart.

This is a cute read, overall.
Amber Stokes
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Trouble with Cowboys is a romance story that resonated with me. Not only was it a lot of fun being plopped into Moose Creek with its country charm - and witnessing the charm of a certain cowboy as he played the the part of a gentleman, while still being a bit (?!) of a flirt - but it was also wonderful to encounter a depth to the story that hits strong at the end.

Annie and Dylan are too cute together! There are plenty of sweet scenes to satisfy the romantic heart. (Although I must confess th
JenniferJ
Sep 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: setting-montana
I wanted to shake Annie so hard! It is clear Dylan is head over heels for her but she can't get over her misconceptions that all cowboys are trouble and refuse to let him get close to her. She tries so hard to put a man in between them that is comfortable to her but boring as day old soup. They so obviously are a mixed matched couple but Annie is so hard headed because of heartaches her family has had to deal with involving cowboys in the past. This always tends to gripe me about how folks stere ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
A light, clean Christian story about faith, family, romance and cowboys. My reaction through most of this book though was, "seriously?". I get fluffy romances and that women love cowboys, but this one was just too implausible for me. Dylan and Annie were likeable enough characters, but the idea that she couldn't write a lovelorn column on her own and needed the help of a man she doesn't like was far-fetched. And, Annie's sister Sierra was seriously annoying. Honestly, she ruined any enjoyment of ...more
Jackie
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
With The Trouble with Cowboys, Denise Hunter once again delivers a heartfelt feel good story about a girl determined to avoid the handsome cowboy at all costs. On the surface, Dylan appears to be the typical cowboy she has built up in her mind from years of cowboys coming and going in her mother's life. Dylan is determined to prove Annie how wrong she is about him.

This is another wonderful addition to Hunter's Big Sky series. You always feel like you know her characters personally when you read
Cara Putman
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Denise Hunter is one of my go-to authors for contemporary romance. Her Big Sky Romance series has been a lot of fun to read, and The Trouble with Cowboys is no exception. Annie Wilkerson is just trying to keep it all together, and that means staying as far away as possible from cowboys. She learned from watching the string her mother kept around that cowboys bring a load of hurt with them. Besides she's too busy trying to control...er help...her sister pull her life together. Too bad Dylan Taylo ...more
Kelli
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
No matter how cheesy, l think books set in Montana and have the word 'cowboy'' in the title always have a draw. Plus this book cover has a pretty Fall scene of the mountains. The book is not really about Fall, but the descriptions of the country are really clear and makes you want to visit Montana anyway. The story is super stylistic and fluffy but its still fun. Its written sort of like a romantic comedy.

The only set back is the relationship between Annie and her sister Sierra. Annie was just
Megan
I have a thing about book covers--and this series just doesn't have my favorite covers. Haha. For there being so much I didn't like about this book. (view spoiler) I'm surprised I liked it. I'm glad Annie was willing to admit she was wrong and t ...more
Zette
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all three books in this series but this one was definitely my favorite. The tension between Dylan and Annie kept me reading way too late last night! The only thing I thought was a bit unbelievable in the story was Dylan's lack of understanding as to why Annie would think that he was a playboy. He intentionally dated or flirted with every woman he came in contact with, including Annie, just for fun but was angered by the idea that Annie thought he left a string of broken hearts. As ...more
Stephanie
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was pretty cute. I liked the slow burn romance a lot, though Annie did frustrate me at times. I did like her, though. Who I really couldn't stand was her sister, Sierra. Sierra almost ruined the book for me. She's so selfish and childish and I just wanted to smack her for most of the book. Besides that, though, I liked watching Annie and Dylan's relationship and it was a pretty enjoyable book.
Carla Laureano
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of Denise Hunter, despite my dislike of contemporary westerns, so "The Trouble with Cowboys" did not disappoint. Fast moving, well-written, with one of her most likeable heroes and an uptight-but-not-annoying heroine. I can't quite give it 5 stars because I'm pretty stingy with those 5-star-ratings, but it definitely edges towards 4.5 in my opinion. Definitely the best of the three books in this series. Recommended.
Margaret Tidwell
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading this book I couldn't stop until I finished reading it. I spent the whole book wondering how things were going to turn out. There are also parts of the book that totally shocked me and I never would have seen some of the turns that it took. Parts of it I totally predicted but I was still interested enough to keep reading it.
Teresa Snyder
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Another great book from Denise. It's a great ending to the Big Sky Romance series. Chemistry, didn't see that coming, and love. This book has it all. We knew from the previous books that Dylan was sweet, but we don't find out until this book just how sweet, or the reason he is the way he is around woman (get a Kleenex ready for that part). Great book. Great ending.
Kristen
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this series. There's something about cowboys! Although I'm not a big animal-living on a farm-dust kind of girl, I love reading about and romanticing it. This was fun and flirty and not too preachy.

Moral Note: Clean except they do talk about a couple of people "getting pregnant". No details.
Amanda
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this story. The slow burn romance between Dylan and Annie was perfect. I love the Pride and Prejudice references and how Annie realized who she has acting like. It made her behavior believable in that context.
Bridgette
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cute
Entertaining and cute. Pretty clean for the most part. No language. Except it talks about couples getting pregnant before marriage.
Sarah Adamson
May 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Gentle Christian romance in cowboy country. Story has some interesting twists and turns but I just didn't like the main hero - he was irritating and a pain.
Kamaliah
Aug 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
3 1/2.... another 1/2 for the proposal... :)
Mary Gonzales
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Interesting, sweet and clean. I would read anything from this author.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 09, 2015 12:30PM
Book Giveaways: The Trouble With Cowboys Giveaway 2 5 Sep 26, 2012 05:13AM

• The Memory Jar (Seven Brides for Seven Bachelors, #1)
  • Dawn Comes Early (The Brides of Last Chance Ranch, #1)
  • Secretly Smitten (Smitten, #2)
  • Queen of the Waves (American Tapestries)
  • Shattered Silence (Men of the Texas Rangers, #2)
  • My Stubborn Heart
  • Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here, #1)
  • Turnabout's Fair Play (The Matchmakers, #3)
  • Over the Edge (Kincaid Brides, #3)
  • The Bride Wore Blue (The Sinclair Sisters of Cripple Creek, #3)
  • Sandwich, with a Side of Romance (Sandwich #1)
  • My Foolish Heart (Deep Haven, #4)
  • Beauty for Ashes (Hickory Ridge, #2)
  • The Heart's Journey (Stitches in Time, #2)
  • The Journey (Legacy of Love #5)
  • Beside Two Rivers (Daughters of the Potomac, #2)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Mother of Pearl
Denise Hunter is the award-winning author of more than 30 novels, including "The Convenient Groom" and "A December Bride", which have been made into Hallmark movies.

Denise writes heartwarming, small-town romances. Her readers enjoy the vicarious thrill of falling in love and the promise of a happily-ever-after sigh as they savor the final pages of her books.

Denise and her husband live in Indiana,

A Big Sky Romance (3 books)
  • A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance, #1)
  • The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance, #2)