Start by marking “Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies, #3)

Pretty When She Destroys

(Pretty When She Dies #3)

Amaliya Vezorak always believed she was destined to live a failed life in obscurity until she was brutally murdered by an ancient vampire named The Summoner and reborn as a powerful vampire necromancer.

The Summoner’s power did not diminish with his death. His long-laid plans are about to bring an endless night to the world, and once the veil between the living and the abys
Nook
Published August 27th 2013 by Rhiannon Frater (first published August 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Pretty When She Destroys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pretty When She Destroys

☕️Kimberly
Oct 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
awesome...#Fraterfest

Pretty When She Destroys was an exciting, powerful conclusion to the Pretty When She Dies series by Rhiannon Frater. I love Frater’s dark and gritty take on paranormal romance and the fleshed out, vibrant and fresh characters she creates. I devoured this and was sad to say good-bye to this trilogy. Three word review: action-packed, awesome and addicting!
The plot picks up right where Pretty When She Kills ends and brings us back together with Amaliya, Cain and their gang of f
Stephanie Ward
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
'Pretty When She Destroys' is the final book in the Pretty When She Dies trilogy. The book continues to follow vampire necromancer Amaliya Vezorak as she struggles to save the world - literally. After being turned into a vampire by an ancient named only The Summoner, she then found out that she was a necromancer as well. Now Amaliya and her friends must figure out a way to finish the war that was started and save the world - all while trying not to get themselves killed in the process.

This book
Stéphanie
To be honest, I did not expect the conclusion of this trilogy to go where it went. In a way, that’s why Rhiannon Frater is so brilliant. She has the ability to write great stories and surprise you at every turn. I was definitely expecting a final battle between the main character Amaliya and her arch nemesis, The Summoner and that was delivered, but everything about it was unexpected, and definitely entertaining.

Personally, I think when it comes to writing, Rhiannon Frater’s strong point is crea
Chapter by Chapter
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty When She Destroys (Pretty When She Dies #3) Action! Action! Action!  Pretty When She Destroysby Rhiannon Frater is jam packed with so much supernatural action that it will blow your mind!
It was so awesome to be thrust back into the world of Amaliya, Cian, Samantha, and the other members of this amazing group.  With the return of The Summoner, who has now taken residence in one of his own creations, Biannca, the Scoobie gang is on high alert.
The Summoner has his sight set on claiming Amali
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for my stop at my blog Donnie Darko Girl for the blog tour.

It's all come down to this - the final showdown between Amaliya and those who stand with her and The Summoner. The Summoner's plans in light of what he's been wanting for the last hundred years are revealed, and it's even more diabolical than anyone could have imagined.

This was such an intense ride! I couldn't believe it. With each book, the plot has unfolded more and mor
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, ebooks
This was a change for me, as I had listened to, and LOVED the first two, on audio book. So switching to ebook was a little hard for me, I am a bit OCD about sticking with one format for a series. But I got through, and am happy to say I enjoyed this final installment in the Pretty When She Dies Trilogy.

Amalyia and Cian are perfect together. They balance one another well, don't judge the other, and really, are the perfect vampire couple. There is none of that whining "I don't know how I can live
Pam
The battle between The Summoner and Amaliya is almost here. If The Summoner wins the world will be torn apart. Amaliya and her loved ones and friends must win this battle. Each side has powerful players but Amaliya and her crew seem to be on the losing side. Will they be enough to stop him and save the world?

Amaliya is one of my favorite vampires of all time. She is a badass and will not back down. I love how tough and powerful she is. Cian is as amazing as ever and the perfect match for Amalyia
Ali
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
Everything comes together perfectly in Pretty When She Destroys, the third installment in Rhiannon Frater's Pretty When She Dies series.

Amaliya has really found herself, she is understanding her role in the power struggle between evil and well, more evil. She's understanding her gifts and embracing them. She is also coming to terms with her relationship with Cian, as well as his cabal.

She will need the combination of all these things to conquer The Summoner. He's amassing power and followers and
Kathy Geiser
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
PRETTY WHEN SHE DESTROYS by Rhiannon Frater

This is a wonderful novel. It is currently the latest in the "Pretty As She Dies" series. Amaliya and Cian are an amazing vampire couple, who are surrounding by their group of supernatural and human friends that must attempt to save the world as we know it. The ancient vamp known as The Summoner created them both. He plans to destroy mankind and rule over the world of supernatural beings with an unwilling Amalyia at his side. The scariest part is that
Rxdawg
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Well I enjoyed this book, but compared to the previous ones and some Fraters prior works I was a little disappointed. For me it's easy. She really reinforced the love the characters had for each other a little too much. And this writer isn't typically like that either. Wonder if she got some bad advice? Its almost like this book was targeted at a different kind of audience then the first one. Anyways, I just didnt need to hear so much about character X was the love of character Y's life repeated ...more
S.C. Parris
What a fucking ride.

I'm so satisfied with the end of Amaliya and group's story, and I love the little opening at the end in case there is ever a continuation. (hint hint wink wink)

I loved Amaliya and Cian's continued love and LOVED that there was no 'confusion' plot that dragged them away from each other amidst preparing for the big battle like there often is in urban fantasy (not that I MIND those plots, I quite love them), but not one to focus on too much on the romance of the characters, Rhia
Jenne
So I've waited a long time for this book. And once again Amilya kicked all sorts of butt. She really took her powers to a whole new level in this final showdown with The Summoner. I'm such a sucker for a ragtag eclectic group in books. The Austin cabal that Amilya and Cian have created fits the bill perfectly. And I have a whole new fondness for Samantha. If you like dark UF/PNR you should check out Ms. Frater's books sometime and if you're a Texan they're a must read!
Erin Hayes
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is it.

The end of the Pretty When She Dies trilogy and it's everything you hoped for and more with Amaliya and Cian and the rest of their cabal trying to save the world from the Summoner.

These are characters that I've loved for years now, and it's sad to see the end of this story. I hope we get glimpses into other characters' stories, like totally awesome Cass and Aimee.

There's a lot that happens in this story. I teared up at the end.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Joshirl
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book, Mrs. Frater. I am an avid fan of this series and you are terrific writer and I really enjoyed this book. Amaliya is an awesome character, if I were a vampire/necromancer, that's how bad ass I would like to be.
Amy Fournier
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review coming 7/22
Heidi
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four stars: An exciting and brilliant finish to a dark and gritty trilogy.

Amaliya, Cian and the rest of the gang are still reeling from their terrifying and brutal battle with the Summoner in a Texas graveyard. The Summoner has stolen another body, and he has his sights are set on ending the world as December 2012 draws closer. It is up to Amaliya to destroy him, but it is going to be an epic battle. Especially since part of her craves being closer to the diabolical Summoner because he is her cr
Christy LoveOfBooks
Is it weird that I want to make out with that cover? Probably. I don't give a flying frick, it's hot! I've been completely in love with this series since I read the first book, Pretty When She Dies, a couple of years ago. Of course I was bummed about this being the last book, but I also couldn't wait to devour it. I mean, how could I not be excited when it has the title Pretty When She Destroys?

It all comes down to this. With the apocalypse looming and darkness threatening to take over the world
Pili
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If there's something that Rhiannon Frater does amazingly is writing vampires as monsters and still manage to make us root for them!

In this final installment of Amaliya's story, the stakes are at their highest since The Summoner has returned and wants to unleash Hell on Earth and take over the world. And not only that, he wants to bring Amaliya to his side, so he'll have both vampire necromancers he created at his side.

The way the plot is woven with the crescendo in tension through preparations,
Book Bite Reviews
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-kindle
The books prologue begins with Bianca and Amaliya's background of how they met in college and how she fails to warn Amaliya of the danger she faced the day The Summoner took both their lives and changed them forever.

A quote from PWSK #2
"I firmly believe that The Summoner consumed all the ghosts in the surrounding area after his death. He used their ectoplasm to travel to Bianca's body and claim it. Just like Amaliya, Bianca is one of his necro-vamp offspring.” Jeff let his words sink in. “I do
Mary
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Pretty When She Destroys is the final installment in the Pretty When She Dies trilogy and it does not disappoint.

Amaliya, Cian, Samantha, Jeff and the rest of the gang are back for their final battle with the Summoner.

No spoilers but I will tell you that this didn't go as I expected. It's always a good thing when an author can shock you with twists and turns.

Amaliya is a complicated woman. She cares deeply about those close to her and is willing to do whatever (!) it takes to keep them safe. H
Becky Stephens
May 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Picking up where Pretty When She Kills leaves off, this conclusion to the trilogy was as kick-ass as the others.

Frater's characters are all so unique that it's almost hard to believe they are figments of her imagination. And while I didn't like them all, I was most surprised by my feelings regarding Samantha taking a one-eighty. And she's not the only character to grow and gain even more depth. Every member of Cian's ragtag cabal is pretty amazing, but my favorite is Aimee, who is adorable with
Brandi
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I'll keep it short and sweet IT WAS A PERFECT ENDING!! It kept me guessing till the end. Love the dynamic of Amaliya and Cian and how they accepted each other and embraced the dark bloody gritty side of being vamps but still had that all encompassing love. What can I say about Samantha and Jeff? Loved them loved that despite being screwed over by Cian early on she was able to find love, embrace her new power and become friends with Bitch Face (aka Amaliya). Jeff is such a sweet guy just trying t ...more
Amanda
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think there are a lot of things Rhiannon Frater could do to improve her books, but the fact of the matter is that she tells a great story. Her writing style isn't my favorite, but I LOVE reading about the Austin cabal! Not to mention the fact that she really is extraordinarily creative. I've read quite a few vampire novels and there are some cool things in this series that I've never seen before, and that amazes and fascinates and delights me to no end.

So the final chapter in the saga was grea
Mirasol Quisto
May 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Rhiannon never fails to amaze me in terms of how she makes her story unique without going too far from its original tale. I mean I will definitely buy her vampire squad who were afraid of daylight than those vampires who glitter. Sorry Twilightie but I just don't get the glittery thing. And the transition of her stories will blow your mind and will make a sudden ass lift from your chair due to excitement. I can still remember my first RF book, The First Days from the trilogy "As the World Dies", ...more
Christoffer Lernö
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book doesn't disappoint. Frater's strength is in her stories and this book is definitely no exception. There are certainly quite a few popular authors with more eloquent prose, but few if any comes close to the richness in story.

The popular trilogy format tends to trip up most authors - where the first book might be good enough, the second and third part then desperately recycles story that could have filled barely half another book.

Not so with Frater. Instead if anything the story just ge
Kym
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am completely awed at how much I enjoyed this series! Anyone who loves the supernatural has read a Laurell K. Hamilton book!!! Now i have never read anything that even comes close to the creativity, darkness, and pure lust that is in Hamilton's books. This series has earned a spot right under the Merry Gentry series and that is saying a lot!!!!! Even though Hamilton goes much deeper, Frater gave me chills.

My only issue is that the story has ended, even though it is quite apparent that there w
Michelle
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say to accurately describe this series? I think phenomenal is one word that fits it best. Rhiannon Frater is one kick ass author. She has the ability to keep you interested from the very first words to the very last sentence in the series. The characters she writes have the ability to drag you right into the story with them. You will have no problem imagining yourself as part of the story.
Art Lueder
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amaliya and her scooby gang neatly wrap up the trilogy. I love how Rhiannon Frater writes vampires in that they tend to be classic, blood drinking, burn in the daylight, badass characters. The book does tend to emphasize how happy each of the couples are with each other and it gets a little sappy at times but it is nice when even the vampires get a happily ever after and the bad guy gets sent to hell.
Kelli
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rhiannon Frater is hands down my favorite author. and I have many favorite authors I love and are fabulous. But Rhiannon made me love a trilogy about vampires, simply a genre I'm not very interested in reading about. Everything I've read by her is so enthralling. I'm onto her other vampire trilogy next!
Shelley
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-releases
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* Solid 4.0

*Full Review & Guest Post Found on Gizmos Reviews

*Blog Tour Stop on August 9, 2013* Expected publication: August 27th 2013 by Rhiannon Frater
  • Edge of Truth
  • Dreamscape (Netherworld, #1)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • Demon Dance (The Sundancer Mysteries, #1)
  • The Immortal's Guide
  • Stakeout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.5)
  • Marked for Vengeance (Alyx Rayer Chronicles, #1)
  • Dead Living
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Dark Salvation (Immortalis, #5)
  • Fiery Edge of Steel (Noon Onyx, #2)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • Pay Me in Flesh (Mallory Caine, Zombie-at-Law, #1)
  • A Secret to Die For (Secret McQueen #8)
  • The Royal Flush (Knights of the Darkness Chronicles, #3)
  • Beginnings End (Shattered Skies, #1)
  • Of Blood and Passion (Vamp City, #3)
Rhiannon Frater is the award-winning author of the As the World Dies zombie trilogy (Tor) as well as independent works such as The Last Bastion of the Living (declared the #1 Zombie Release of 2012 by Explorations Fantasy Blog and the #1 Zombie Novel of the Decade by B&N Book Blog).

She was born and raised in Texas where she currently resides with her husband and furry children (a.k.a pets).

S

Pretty When She Dies (3 books)
  • Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1)
  • Pretty When She Kills (Pretty When She Dies, #2)