Start by marking “Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2)” as Want to Read:
Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2)

Katapult

(Kat Colorado #2)

KAT COLORADO

A thirty-something California bartender-turned-P.I.—a curious lady with nine lives, nerves of iron. . .and a passion for justice.

KATAPULT

A murderer has struck home—and Kat Colorado is taking it personally. Her cousin Johnny has been found stabbed to death in he parking lot of the Homestead Cafe. And now Kat's on the prowl—trailing a killer through a dangerou

Published January 1st 1992 by Avon (first published 1990)

Start your review of Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2)
aPriL does feral sometimes
Book 2 is not for softies, but domesticated toughies will enjoy it very much. I'm discovering that the Kat Colorado series treads a path between cozies and mean streets, but still maintains a comfortable chic-lit atmosphere. Bullets fly, throats are cut; yet cookies, hot chocolate and grandmothers are sure to be nearby, while the women joke and kid each other around plates of food and cats.

Kat takes on two separate cases which before too long have become entangled by her clients and family and f
Bill
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: detective, mystery-us
Katapult is the 2nd book in Karen Kijewski's Kat Colorado mystery series. Kat is a PI working out of Sacremento CA. In some ways she reminds me of Kinsey Milhone, but so far I think the stories I've read have been grittier than the Alphabet books. Both series are both entertaining and fun reads though. Both PI's also have a coterie of friends who help make their lives better and safer and who have their backs.

So, enough of comparing the series. What about Katapult? The book definitely involves K
LJ
KATAPULT - VG
Kijewski, Karen - 2nd in series

Stubbornly independent Sacramento, Calif., P.I. Kat Colorado ( Katwalk ) is working on two crimes this time out: the first is personal, the murder of her "cousin" John; the other concerns the killing of a teenage prostitute. Kat is called into the former case by her informally adopted "grandmother," feisty Alma Flaherty. Kat follows the confusing trail of events leading to Johnny's killer, along the way locating another missing "cousin" (and possible s
Carolyn (in SC) C234D
This is the second in the Kat Colorado series. I enjoyed the first book several years ago. I really don't remember this one well, since it's been a while. I only noted that it's a "likable heroine, not silly".
Sheila
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this mystery. I think there are nine books in the series. There were enough characters to keep the two storylines interesting. I will continue to read the series.
Colleen
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Always an enjoyable read!
Ubalstecha
Kijewski's second Kat Colorado mystery is a tense, slowly unrolloing mystery. Kat's "cousin" is found stabbed to death and Kat's adopted grandmother asks her to find out who did it. This lands Kat deep into the mire of her adopted family's secrets. Add to her problems a teenage hooker who has hired her the PI to find out who killed her co-worker and a long distance relationship with a Los Vegas cop.

The Kat Colorado series is in the vein of the hard-boiled detective like Kinsey Milhone and V.I. W
Annette
Dec 10, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is another random mystery I picked up when I needed something undemanding to read. It fit the bill. I hadn't read any others in this series, but this wasn't a deficit as the main character is a pretty stereotypical girl gumshoe (pretty much of a clone of Sue Grafton's main character) and the rest of the characters were adequately introduced. There were a decent handful of overlapping plots and the resolution was satisfying. I didn't end up hating any of the characters I wasn't supposed to h ...more
Amy
Dec 31, 2008 rated it liked it
Given this book by a friend. Had recently read another Kat Colorado book, my first, and was pleasantly surprised. Now, having read this book and also read Katwalk in the series, I am still pleasantly surprised. It's also nice to be filling in some of the background info on the "regular" characters. Kat's adopted grandmother occasionally reminded me of a certain octogenarian in our household. :) I plan to read more of the Kat series when I need a little bit of this sort of reading.
Kristine
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the 2nd book in the Kat Colorado series and picks up where the first book ended. It is like the first book in that it is an easy fun read. I think this story was a little better developed than the first, but that could also be due to the fact that I was somewhat familiar with the characters allready.
Wendy
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This author had written about five books. She was a local Sacramento native basing the books around the region. I live in the area, and enjoyed reading these good mysteries with good characters. I recommend all of them.
uunfortunately, she suddenly stopped writing and disappeared from public eye.
Cat.
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, humor, mystery
Good, but sort of gory and weirdly edited. The "case" is more of a family crisis: her cousin (?) is murdered and she does find out why but not until she searches out the cousin's sister and rescues a teenaged hooker. Pretty pat plot, but the characters are amusing.
Eliana
Apr 06, 2014 added it
The principle character in this series is Kat Colorado, a private detective in Sacramento, California.
Kat Colorado is a wise-cracking, thirty-something California bartender-turned-P.I., a curious cat with nine lives.
Ed
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
#2 in the Kat Colorado series.

Sacramento PI Kat Colorado - looks into the murder of her "cousin" who was about to inherit a large sum. His heir is his sister who has been estranged from her family. A side issue is the relationship with friend Charity and a teenage hooker.
Terri
Apr 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Enjoyed this 2nd of the series so much more than the first. Better characters, better plot. Now, on to the #3.
Joe O'Connor
Aug 24, 2009 rated it liked it
Very Good; Continuing character: Kat Colorado; Kat's cousin has been murdered and she works to find out who did it and to find his sister to let her know and to collect their inheritance.
Leorah
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good thing that Caroline gave me 3 Kat Colorado books to read. I gobbled down the first one and am off to start a second one after I finish my Albomb book.
Sharon Davies
Sep 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, as it takes place in Sacramento valley region and although it takes place in the 90's many places were familiar.
Dee
Mar 23, 2010 rated it liked it
This is the 2nd book in the author's Kat Colorado series.

The 1st one was a better; but, all in all, it was a quick, fun read.

Nothing deep.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
New Hard-Ass female detective. Kinda...
Phil
Aug 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this fast easy read. The young woman P.I. is a fun character. I'll look for more in this series.
Tracey
Oct 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, humour, fiction
Again good book - must reread these one day
Conner Rogers
Carole
Aug 07, 2008
Dlorenz56
Aug 03, 2007

• A View to Die For (To Die For series, #1)
  • Dim Sum of All Fears (A Noodle Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Watch Me Die
  • A Good Neighborhood
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • Flipped for Murder (Country Store Mysteries #1)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • The Murders of Richard III (Jacqueline Kirby, #2)
  • The Camelot Caper  (Vicky Bliss, #0.5)
  • The Girl in the Face of the Clock
  • Uncertain Voyage
  • Die for Love (Jacqueline Kirby, #3)
  • A Family of Strangers
  • The Shaman Sings (Charlie Moon, #1)
  • Chicken Culprit (Backyard Farming Mystery, #1)
  • A Coral Kiss
  • Murder with Macaroni and Cheese (Mahalia Watkins Soul Food Mystery #2)
  • Practical Demonkeeping (Pine Cove, #1)
Karen J. Kijewski was born in Berkeley, California. Her father taught at the University of California, and she later attended the school, earning a BA and a Masters degree. Karen is a past president of the northern California chapter of the Mystery Writers of America. She has two daughters, and is currently living in Sacramento, California with her husband.

Kat Colorado (9 books)
  • Katwalk (Kat Colorado, #1)
  • Kat's Cradle (Kat Colorado, #3)
  • Copy Kat (Kat Colorado, #4)
  • Wild Kat (Kat Colorado, #5)
  • Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado, #6)
  • Honky Tonk Kat (Kat Colorado, #7)
  • Kat Scratch Fever (Kat Colorado, #8)
  • Stray Kat Waltz (Kat Colorado, #9)

News & Interviews