Start by marking “It Works: The Original Edition: The Famous Little Red Book That Makes Your Dreams Come True” as Want to Read:

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  372 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
IT WORKS presents a concise, definite plan for bettering your conditions in life. It shows you how to use the Mighty Power within that is anxious and willing to serve you if you know how to use it.

IT WORKS shows you how. All scientific, psychological and theological explanations are eliminated. Three hundred pages are boiled down to ten minutes of interesting facts, a defi
Published January 1st 1976 by DeVorss & Company

To ask other readers questions about It Works, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Works

Avel Rudenko
Oh wow, Oh wow, Oh wow! Truth is stranger than fiction! This booklet really makes everybody created equal in manifesting their own reality! This levels the playing field for all! THANK YOU, AUTHOR! One of the most powerful books on achieving what you want in life...and it's so simple! "It" will make so much sense to you! Share it! What can I say? It works!
Oct 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
This short (< 30 page) self-help volume was written in 1926 by an anonymous author who was “highly successful and widely known for his generosity and helpful spirit.” RHJ deliberately kept it short to make his method easy to read, understand, and use. He presents a simple 3-step method to accomplish goals with enough supporting details for the reader to determine their goals and start towards attaining them immediately. He doesn't pad the book with fluff, plus the book costs only $3, so what’ ...more
♥ Ibrahim ♥
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is only 29 pages and it will take you less than an hour to read it. You don't have to buy it. You can read it online and download it for free as a pdf. How it works is explained under the paragraph entitled "The Plan": Write down on paper in order of their importance the things and conditions you really want.

Keep reading expectantly. Keep doing it. You will get some excellent results. It has worked with me personally. Yes, it does work!
Kirsten Higashikawa
May 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Found this odd little book in my house today. It had a letter I wrote to my sister 30 years ago inside, so I guess it was hers. I am not sure how to summarize such a short book, but the basic principal of keeping goals in mind seems valid. I am going to give it a try and have already wrote out my list, so from that perspective it was motivating.
Nov 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
As the cover says... The famous little red book that makes your dreams come true! from 1926 only 28 pages and right to the point. I suspect that "The Secret" is based on this book.
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
First the good: writing down goals and focusing on them daily can certainly help one set the mind toward the target. The bad: while this piece of advice is a good one, the delivery has been done much better. There is a little too much metaphysical woo for my taste. If you are a fan of "The Secret" then you will probably appreciate this book. I am not, hence the 3 stars.
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Short and practical
Feb 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This is at most a 20 minute read, but the principle it espouses is solid. Whatever you do don't buy it though.
Lisa Shultz
Aug 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
This tiny 20 page booklet is so simple but it works! So try it!
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book every year at least. It is short, simple and sweet! The first time I read it and made a list, one of the items I asked for arrived the very next day. It was in such awe and disbelief I convinced myself it had to be coincidence. So strange.

Follow the simple and easy directions and she what happens for you!

James Coleman
Mar 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh, spoiler alert: this could have been written on a single cocktail napkin. The entire "plan" is on page 13-14. The concept is good, however.
Larry &
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An early version of what I learned from Brian Tracy; writing down whatcha want and keeping that intention in mind.
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: motivation
Simple and effective.
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
This cute little book, written in the 50s (it seems), and focused on the idea of 'creating results from a wish list', is actually useful in a practical sense: it forces the reader to consider what they actually desire in life, and to actually write this list down. In this sense, it delivers a simple but effective plan. Actually, only about 3 pages out of the 20 odd pages are actually needed- but the remainder of the book does have some use in motivating or inspiring the reader to carry out the s ...more
Shaughna A. Culpepper-Longo
It Woks

This is the absolute best book on accomplishing your goals/desires. It's informative and directly to the point. Short and Sweet. Just follow his directives and you are good to go. Perfect.. Read this book multiple times, until it sticks in your head. Until you truly understand what R. H. Jarrett is saying. Once you understand and follow through. WOW!
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
i quick read that gives you a good amount motivation whilst travelling on your success journey
Syan de LuMargh
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great book for beginner's and those familiar with LOA. Quick easy read.
Apr 28, 2014 rated it liked it
The book asks us to rank our desires and concentrate on them throughout the day.
Tells us the why, but not the HOW.
Debbie D
H.M. Todd
Jun 11, 2016
Mar 22, 2015
  • Your Word is Your Wand: A Sequel to the Game of Life and How to Play It
  • The Luck Factor: Changing Your Luck, Changing Your Life - The Four  Essential Principles
  • Slavery and Freedom
  • Amazing Laws of Cosmic Mind Power: Fifteen Simple Laws to Help You Achieve Your Goals and Reach New Levels of Personal Fulfillment
  • Transitions: Prayers and Declarations for a Changing Life
  • Vatican Council II: Constitutions, Decrees, Declarations (The Basic Sixteen Documents)
  • Writing to Heal: A Guided Journal for Recovering from Trauma & Emotional Upheaval
  • Power Through Constructive Thinking
  • It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose
  • الله غير ما نتصوّره
  • True Happiness [With 1 Card]
  • Summa Contra Gentiles: Book 1: God
  • You 2: A High Velocity Formula for Multiplying Your Personal Effectiveness in Quantum Leaps
  • People Buy You: The Real Secret to What Matters Most in Business
  • Hymn of the Universe
  • The Best of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Series)
  • What You Think of Me Is None of My Business