Start by marking “The Produce Bible: Essential Ingredient Information and More Than 200 Recipes for Fruits, Vegetables, Herbs & Nuts” as Want to Read:

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Describes how to select, prepare, and store fresh produce; provides information on nutritional value, companion foods, and availability; and offers more than two hundred recipes for vegetables, fruit, nuts, and herbs.
Title: The Produce Bible
Author: Kitchen, Leanne/ Madison, Deborah (FRW)
Publisher: Harry N Abrams Inc
Publication Date: 2007/03/01
Number of Pages: 448
Binding Ty
Published March 1st 2007 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about The Produce Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Produce Bible

Meredith
May 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
How do you know which watermelon in the stack will taste best? This book will tell you - and answer any other questions you've ever had about virtually any type of produce, including nuts. It also gives delicious looking recipes for each type of produce. So if you come across something you've never cooked with you have no excuse not to give it a try.

This is one I intend to add to my kitchen cookbook collection.
Kimberly Ann
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
2 1/2

I'm really torn over this one: I like the idea, I like many of the recipes, & I like much of the ingredients.

I do not like that: it weighs a ton & it is paperback; some produce items have several recipes, some have one, several haven't any; there are very few photographs except of the piece of produce; and it is cumbersome to use....

Not to mention the fact (but I will) there was so much information that it was just overkill.... There just wasn't enough information on any one item.
Christine
Jan 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is heavenly! Great recipes and fun to just look at over and over again. Full of historical factoids too, which really adds to the book for me. I wish there was a bit more information on the health benefits of each fruit/veggie, but it does offer some basic information. With that said, however, I love this book for the recipes, info and just enjoyable perusing.
Jesse
Oct 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love produce.
Aside from the absolutely gorgeous photography, this book is extremely well organized and very useful, although I sort of want two copies so I can keep one of them pristine! I just got this book a couple of weeks ago and have already made several recipes from it and they've been absolutely delicious.
Tamara
Feb 10, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another good book for CSA research.

Each section covers a different fruit, vegetable, or herb, with suggestions on how to shop for them, how to prepare them, how to store them, and their culinary uses (i.e. which ingredients to prepare them with.)

Although extremely light on the recipes (one or two per item), I almost considered buying this one, because it's such a good reference tool.
Leah
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for a book like this for years!!!!!! If you like to cook this is indispensable!!
Bella
Dec 26, 2010 added it
Excellent Christmas present, thank you DV!
Amanda
Jul 20, 2009 rated it liked it
More comprehensive in terms of produce covered but not as comprehensive in information as others. More recipes
Robert
Aug 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
A great field guide to vegetables and fruits. It contains facts and information about each and then a few recipes.
Courtney
Ahhh summer, you make me welcome produce again!
Happycheshire
Katy
Oct 22, 2008
Johny
Mar 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The is a bee-yoo-ti-full reference guide about fruits and veggies.
Stacey Small