Start by marking “Naked Face” as Want to Read:
Naked Face

Sidney Sheldon

Naked Face

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  14,914 Ratings  ·  437 Reviews

Judd Stevens is a psychoanalyst faced with the most critical case of his life.

If he does not penetrate the mind of a murderer he will find himself arrested for murder or murdered himself...

Two people closely involved with Dr. Stevens have already been killed. Is one of the doctor's patients responsible? Someone overwhelmed by his problems? A neurotic driven by compulsion?

Published February 1st 1984 by Not Avail (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Naked Face, please sign up.

Sudhanshu Garg Chance to win a copy of Sidney Sheldon's 'The Naked Face + Memoirs of Midnight'. Eligibility: India

1. Visit www.bookaura.in

2. Like our facebook page…more

1. Visit www.bookaura.in

2. Like our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Book-Aura-88...

3. Follow our twitter handle @inbookaura

4. Follow us on Google+

5. Write a review of your read book and send it to bookaura@bookaura.in (less)

Kwesi 章英狮
When I was in high school I was surrounded by readers and they enjoyed reading Sidney Sheldon's books. Seriously, every recess or break time one of those Sidney Sheldon readers will sit beside you or in the corner and shouting and screaming. So I always curious of his works, and I tried one of his novel and it was good. Well, I was still young that time but I never been hooked reading Sheldon books.

If I have time, I go to bookstores or online bookstores to buy some Sidney Sheldon's books. But I
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Naked Face, Sidney Sheldon
عنوانها: قاتلی در شهر؛ چهره های بی نقاب؛ چهره عریان؛
عنوان: قاتلی در شهر (چهره عریان)؛ نویسنده: سیدنی شلدون؛ مترجم: شاهرخ فرزاد؛ تهران، درسا، 1372؛ در 279 ص؛ چاپ دوم 1376؛ شابک: 9646104428؛ چاپ سوم 1380؛ چهارم 1386؛ پنجم 1388
عنوان: چهره های بی نقاب؛ نویسنده: سیدنی شلدون؛ مترجم: کامران سلحشور؛ تهران، عارف، 1372؛ در 339 ص؛ چاپ دیگر: تهران، یاد عارف، 1381؛شابک: 9647667183؛
عنوان: چهره بی نقاب؛ نویسنده: سیدنی شلدون؛ مترجم: عسل فامیلی؛ تهران، نشر گستر، 1389؛ در 182 ص؛ شابک
Sifat
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Judd Stevens, M.D., is a minding and effective Manhattan psychoanalyst who must face a terrible prospect; somebody is attempting to execute him. Initially, John Hanson, a patient attempting to beat his homosexuality, is killed. Not long after, Carol Roberts, Stevens' secretary, is additionally discovered tormented to death. Two cops, Andrew McGreavy and Frank Angeli, rush to regard Stevens as the prime suspect, halfway because of McGreavy's resentment regarding Stevens' declaration in a past ...more
Asghar Abbas

His singularly stand alone novel that had some resemblance of being a proper book. Afterward he found his grove, rather his formula and pretty much stick to it till the end. Though I guess his books are endless quick fun reads. But very by the numbers.
Monica
Wow!! Is all I could say when I read the first chapter of The Naked Face. This book captures your attention in the first chapter. I picked the book up at the library mainly to get a feel for the author Sidney Sheldon. I own a few of his books and wasn't sure about reading them. After reading The Naked Face I know that I will be reading his other books too.

The Naked Face starts out with a man happy because he is going to be going home to his wife and letting her know that what happened in the pas
Salymar
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading some of the famous awe-inspiring novels by great authors, I finally read something breath-taking!

This is a mystery novel about a famous psycho-analyst, Dr. Stevens. He was haplessly suspected of murdering his receptionist Carol Roberts and his patient, John Hanson. The only way to find out that he is innocent is that he has to gather evidences and by all means, he must find a person who trust him. At the middle of the story he hired a private investigator, Mr Norman Moody.

I love h
Graceann
Nov 21, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody; avoid
This was one of Sidney Sheldon's first novels (if not THE first). It came out in 1971, and it has not aged well at all. Psychoanalyst Judd Stephens finds himself in the middle of a murder mystery and as the web tightens around him, he struggles to use his knowledge of human behavior in order to out-think the killer or killers.

However, the out-moded, idiotic beliefs regarding sexuality and the uber-70s dialogue "let's rap," "he was groovy," just makes the whole thing ludicrous. Further, regardle
Mwanamali  Mari
Hmmm. The first full length modern novel I ever read was a David Baldacci thing about some camel club. And I hated it. So I moved to John Grisham and his legal dramas got tired. In high school, I was introduced to Sidney Sheldon... and a favourite was born.

After rereading The Naked Face, I have to say this isn't Sidney at his best. In my opinion, his worst novel was A Stranger In The Mirror followed closely by Doomsday Conspiracy. Naked Face feels more like amateur hour for Sidney's quality. Tha
Stuart
Mar 20, 2008 rated it did not like it
It's a murder mystery with a psycho-analyst protagonist. Freudian psycho-analysis has been largely discredited in the world of psychology, but even if it hadn't been, I'm sure that Sheldon has butchered a number of the concepts behind it. The book is generally trash, with silly one-dimensional characters. It does keep you guessing about who the killer is, but it's not the totally suspenseful thrill-ride that it's cover promises. I think it was Sheldon's first novel. Maybe his others are better. ...more
Suraya (thesuraya)
ive read quite a number of sheldon books to know his pattern and style and i can say that :

1) seeing as this is his first novel, its obvious that his writing style has improved a lot since then
2) i can already point out whos the bad guy here. it wasnt even a surprise at all. maybe bcs im too used to his writing style
Viktorija Bondikjova
Excellent book.Every page is interesting.Surprising ending.
Kathae
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
9/18

Sheldon's first novel. My ninth read. The book was well-written. It is simple and easy-to-read. I must admit that I found it quite offensive reading the words "he was a homosexual" followerd by "he was cured". We should all know by now that homosexuality is not a disease, hence, it's not something one can cure, so it was quite a bit disappointing to read from the words of my favorite novelist. But I just took a mental note of it and kept reading, making sure that part wouldn't affect my judg
Tatiana N
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Решила перечитать всего Шелдона!

Первый проглотила за сутки. очень понравился.
nur'aini  tri wahyuni
first time read Sidney Sheldon. not bad. lumayan, bakalan -nyoba- baca bukubuku beliau yg lainnya. soalnya yang ini tokohnya ngeselin banget. are you sure you are a psychoanalysis, Judd? because you seems too stupid being that. 😒
Charles
It is not that 'The Naked Face' is a mediocre book at all, there are some instances of exceptional narrative that makes one believe why Sheldon rose to narrative superstardom. On the back cover of the book, the Daily Telegraph commented that 'suspense could hardly be greater', and in many instances I would agree.

First of all, I'm not very accustomed to reading books of this sort (mystery, thriller and so on). What that means is that I had no idea who the perpetrator of all the gruesome murders w
Krisha
Another page turner but my least favorite. It's a fast paced crime/psychological thriller about murders that involve Judd Stevens, a renowned psychoanalyst haunted by the mere suspicion of murdering his clients Carol Roberts and John Hanson and later on became a victim himself.

This book is, by every bit, intriguing. It will make you think who is the possible killer up to the last minute which really tested my patience. No hints whatsoever and then surprise! Mystery dropped like a bomb. Underwhel
Mary
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes contemporary mysteries
Recommended to Mary by: Library Book Sale
John Hanson died quickly - with a knife in his back. Carol Roberts was next to die - she was covered with acid and tortured to death. Dr. Judd Stevens is a psychoanalyst who is facing the most critical case of his life. John and Carol were both closely associated with Dr. Stevens at one time, and if he doesn't penetrate the mind of a murderer he will either find himself arrested for murder or the killer's next victim.

Is one of the doctor's patients responsible? Someone overwhelmed by his problem
Harish Kumar Challapalli
Dr. Judd Stevens, M.D., is a caring and
successful Manhattan psychoanalyst who must
face a horrific prospect; someone is trying to
kill him. First, John Hanson, a patient trying
overcome his homosexuality, is brutally
murdered, perhaps because he was mistaken
for Stevens. Not long after, Carol Roberts,
Stevens' secretary, is also found murdered.
The police, partly due to anger with Stevens
testimony in a previous case, are quick to
treat Stevens as the prime suspect. To prove
his innocence and track down t
Tina
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is Sidney Sheldon's first novel and his first book I've ever read. I loved it! It was a real page-turner. It was really pleasant to read a good detective story where the investigation took place without internet, mobiles, androids, in general, without high technologies (ok, maybe I'm nostalgic a bit about those times:)). It was between 4 and 5 stars and I gave 4 because I guessed who the culprit was (that actually I was not supposed to).
Mehak Oberoi
Aug 29, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had read all the sidney sheldon novels years ago. Somehow a book or two of his slipped by. So i picked them up with the same nail biting enthusiasm and curiosity as i had felt then. But to my horror, i could barely manage to let my fingers turn over to the next page. The Naked Face is an immense disappointment for all sidney sheldon lovers. It just does not manage to enthuse the slightest inquisitiveness for the alleged suspense he tried to built around this hideous plot.
Tim
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story seemed to contain numerous, interesting stories within that could have been flushed out to more rewarding conclusions. 6 of 10 stars
Samra Muslim
Another cliffhanger ... equally nail biting as the rest of his work!!
Alexandra
S-a terminat, în sfârşit. 😥

Deşi sunt o mare fană al acestui autor şi al romanelor sale, de data asta nu prea m-a impresionat ce am citit.

Judd Stevens, un renunit psihanalist este atras cu forța într-un joc mortal în care el este ținta finală.
Două crime, prima victimă fiind un pacient de al său, iar a doua chiar secretara sa, îl aduc pe dr. Stevens în atenția poliției, toate presupuneriile avându-l pe acesta în rolul criminalului.
Acuzat de poliție, urmărit de asasini, bătut şi maltratat de cei c
Lujain Abdul Aziz
the plot was excellent. the thing i love most about sidney is his easy to read yet filled with suspense style which makes any book a page turner. will recommend to anyone who loves psychological crime thrillers. the only downside i felt was the way he (kind of) opressed homosexuality.
Wow

2.5
I can't deny the fact that I enjoyed this book immensely ! Nor the fact that I didn't see it coming on the identity of the culprit in the end!
I really liked this aithor's writing style it was smooth and an easy read !

But I really disliked the outdated cringeworthy terms used here and the last quarter of the novel felt deflated and rushed.

I can see how he was quite a talented author and that this is his debut novel...Colour me impressed !

My interest is piqued to check out his other works!
Arlene
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read Sidney Sheldon for quite a long time. I've nearly forgotten the fast pacing of his stories. So this was adapted into a film too. will look for it on YouTube.
Thepine
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good, light but intriguing crime mystery novel. Sheldon does know how to manipulate minds through his books.
alhafizol
Oct 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: borrow
This is such a page turner and I just simply cannot put down this book. This book is brilliantly crafted by Sidney Sheldon and no doubt that he is one of the master of story telling. The naked Face is a fast pace psychological action thriller with the twists here and there. The story begins when two police detectives, McGreavy and Angeli came over to Dr. Stevens' clinic to investigate the murder of one of his patients. He was interrogated as if he is the murder and this made Dr. Stevens a bit te ...more
Pratima Das
Jul 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a psychoanalyst called Judd, who works in a office in New York, and has an assistant called Carol who used to be prostitute.
One day a few days before Christmas, one of his patients(who was a homosexual) is found dead, wearing Judd's raincoat, and just the day after that, Carol is also found dead. Judd calls the police n investigations keep going on.Judd thinks it was probably to kill him.
He had this patient called Anne, who was married, but Judd loved her. After she left, when
Parva Chhantyal
Dr. Judd Stevens is a successful psychoanalyst in Manhattan. Listening to people and helping them out by connecting with them mentally and psychologically is his job. Talking about emotions, he is also falling in love with one of his mysterious patient: Annie.

Suddenly, John Hanson, one of Judd’s patients was mistaken for him and murdered. The same day, Judd’s secretary, Carol is found killed in the office. Two detectives, Angeli and McGreavy are assigned to the murder cases but to McGreavy, Jud
  • The Case of Lucy Bending
  • Only Love
  • The Fourth Estate
  • Coroner at Large
  • The Almighty
  • Summer of the Red Wolf
  • Landslide
  • Chocolate for a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart
  • Temporary Sanity (Marty Nickerson, #2)
  • Gone to Her Death (Lloyd & Hill, #3)
  • Bukan Impian Semusim
  • Random Hearts
  • Sphinx
  • Tycoon
  • Lovers All Untrue
Sidney Sheldon (1917-2007) was an American writer who won awards in three careers—a Broadway playwright, a Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist.

His TV works spanned a twenty-year period during which he created I Dream of Jeannie (1965-70), Hart to Hart (1979-84), and The Patty Duke Show (1963-66), but it was not until after he turned 50 and began writing best-selling no
More about Sidney Sheldon...

“Life is a very thin thread and it only takes a second to snap it” 18 likes
“Kalau begitu mengapa dia tidak dikurung lama berselang?”
“Karena dia memakai topeng?”
“Apa maksud anda, Dokter?”
“Kita semua memakai topeng, Angeli. Sejak kita meninggalkan masa kanak-kanak, kita sudah diajar untuk menyembunyikan perasaan kita yang sebenarnya. Kita sudah diajar untuk menutup-nutupi kebencian dan ketakutan kita. “ Suara Judd penuh wibawa. “Tapi di bawah tekanan, Don Vinton akan menjatuhkan topeng dan memperlihatkan wajahnya yang telanjang.”
3 likes