Start by marking “Sang Pemimpi” as Want to Read:
Sang Pemimpi

Sang Pemimpi

(Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  15,227 ratings  ·  1,210 reviews
Sang Pemimpi adalah sebuah lantunan kisah kehidupan yang memesona dan akan membuat Anda percaya akan tenaga cinta, percaya pada kekuatan mimpi dan pengorbanan, lebih dari itu, akan membuat Anda percaya kepada Tuhan. Andrea akan membawa Anda berkelana menerobos sudut-sudut pemikiran di mana Anda akan menemukan pandangan yang berbeda tentang nasib, tantangan intelektualitas, ...more
Published 2006 by Bentang Pustaka

To ask other readers questions about Sang Pemimpi, please sign up.
CIta Kalaning Redja karena arai ni baru di jemput setelah orang tua yq meninggal yang mana pada saat ikal sma apa smp lah

·  15,227 ratings  ·  1,210 reviews

Start your review of Sang Pemimpi
Gregorius Gerry Purnomo
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sang Pemimpi (The Dreamer) is a second book of Laskar Pelangi tetralogy (The Rainbow Troops). The novel is written by adored Indonesian author, Andrea Hirata.

It tells a story about Ikal (Andrea Hirata himself), Arai, and Jimbron. Ikal, a smart and popular student in the school, befriended kind-hearted Jimbron and his cousin Arai. Arai is the main protagonist of the novel, the dreamer, the visionary, who always think for others first before himself.

After finishing secondary school, the trio went
hizatul
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
i read this book 2 years ago and i still remember some of the details and i could recall that moment when i was crying my heart out :( i wish i could own a copy of this book soon so i could reread it.
Scha Humaira
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this book very much, I can tell you why? Appear komikal in the beginning, righteously ordinary juvenile delinquency, but then without You realise, story and characters in this book by degrees gain control You. Since little photograph that helds captive that will jerk You on ground sense of humour but have philosophical effect that resonate. Since struggle mean lives in poverty that twists and heroic aspiration deep story two book main figures this: Arai and Ikal will lead You with kind of ...more
Dwi Putri
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
"Dream on, then God will embrace your dreams." - Andrea Hirata

'Sang Pemimpi' by Andrea Hirata is a tetralogy of the novel 'Laskar Pelangi' which tells about Ikal and Arai who have dreams of being able to continue their studies at the Univesite de Paris, Sorbonne, France. In the beginning, that sibling (from another parent) were motivated by their teacher in high school, Mr. Belia, who told about the university in France. The poverty suffered by the two brothers didn't prevent them from sticking
Bethari Bunga
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, indonesian
As written on the title, this is “novel yang menggugah semangat” (a novel that sparks hope, or is generally inspiring). This novel portrays hope and dreams, at the intersection of poverty and social issues. As Ikal said, “What’s the point of me studying a binomial theory to count infinite numbers, while what’s infinite for me is the impossibility to continue my study beyond high school?” he added, “Tell God about your dream, so that He will laugh at it!” (page 145) 💰

Moreover, Andrea successfull
Nisa Michelle
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great continuation of the Rainbow Troops/Laskar Pelangi. The struggles of the characters continue, however, this book focuses on the Indonesian dream. Again, Hirata succeeds in accurately depicting Indonesian life.
Balqis K
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So motivating. I feel so much more grateful about the little things in life like my privilege of going to school, comfort of being at my home and so on. It thought me not to stop dreaming and keep on working hard. I love this book. Definitely my all time favourite.
Zakiatul Annisaa
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arai <3 ...more
Fita Sukiyani
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, a lot. I have read it 3 times 😁 I love the way Andrea Hirata share his story. Feel like i am watching a movie
Cindy Pangestu
i think this book should motivate us, about the true life, and what's the point of living.
Hanna Dwt
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
fancredible
Karen Cita
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can feel the writer's words... just jump right in and feel the deep story that making you hurt but it's really a good one.
Silvia Ramadhanty
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another Inspire book. Andrea is talented writer also inspirator.
Raihan
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, this book give me a lot of motivation to go and struggling with this life. Plus, Andrea's diction was beautiful.
Fendy F Akbar
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book would brainwash your mind positively and brings you to always believe in dreams.
Kinanti JK
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is such an endearing and inspiring book!
Ayie'em
SANG PEMIMPI is the second book of Laskar Pelangi tetralogy. This novel tells Ikal with his high school years since his little friend Arai and Jimbron. Arai is a distant brother Ikal is an orphan and is the last family member who is still alive and eventually became the foster brother Ikal. Jimbron is an orphan who was obsessed with horses and stutter when I'm enthusiastic about something or when nervous. All three were friends since childhood until they go to school in SMA Manggar, the first hi ...more
Wulan
Oct 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
usually write a review of Indonesian's books in Bahasa Indonesia, but in this case, I really want THE WHOLE WORLD to know this novel.
Despite the fact that I havent read Laskar Pelangi yet, which is the first novel written by Andrea Hirata (this one is his 2nd), but I didnt have a hard time understanding the plot. This book tells a story of the writer when he was still a High School student in Belitong. With a strong Melayu influence, Andrea tells his story unlike any other.
I can only give 2 wor
Ambar
Mar 31, 2011 added it
Eleven children Belitong called Laskar Pelangi is no
give up even though things could not sympathize with them. Call it the Lintang,
a little copra coolie, which the genius and happy cycling 80
km round trip to quench her thirst for knowledge-even
sometimes just to sing you a country song at the end
school. Or Mahar, a janitor at a time handyman grated coconut
impromptu imaginative artists, not logical, creative, and often underestimated
his friends, but managed to raise the degree of village sc
Tryyaa
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think this book is very unusual and good.
It is because in this book tells about how a student had a dream and strive to realize the dream of Ikal and Arai. They never relentless and unyielding.Despite the many hurdles that must be passed but they remain optimistic. They are true friends who help each other. They also came from a modest family. But Ikal have a dream to go to paris.

This book teaches us to be able strive to realize a dream, and also we have to maintain a friendship, because frie
Mita
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Never say never, never stop to believe, never stop to dream is a major theme of this second book of Laskar Pelangi Tetralogi.

Sang Pemimpi (The Dreamer?) is a story of two poor boys who have a big dreams and fought hard to reach it. From their backyard at Belitong - Indonesia, they experienced a difficult life but have a big dream to pursue their studies at Europe and travel to Africa.

Written by Andrea Hirata, this book still enchating by his words, his wit and even made his reader moved by his
i
Oct 26, 2007 rated it liked it
If "Laskar Pelangi" has made me wept, this has made me amused. You guys must find Jimbron here, which you might sympathize with but at the same time you would laugh as well. Arai was crazy, but Ikal, the author, certainly the most.

This is true story! I read this novel as if all those written were happened, but I couldn’t bring myself to say so. This is also fiction, after all. Andrea Hirata brightly wrote his imago-experiences and turned out them became wise everyday philosophies. Success story
Amy
Feb 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun
The way he wrote is still very good as I always enjoy reading it, if unable to stop. This is the high school times for him, continuing his primary school in Laskar Pelangi. It talks a lot about friendships, and dreams, and what to do to get them. So it is still an inspirational story, with funny moments spread everywhere.
I cried once, when the story tells about how his father was still smile although he disappointed him.
This novel really inspires me, that there is nothing impossible. Keep dreami
Zuhrufi
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
This is a good novel. From this book, I can learn that we must keep our friendship. If there is friend that need our help, we must help them. Also, we must respect our parents that love us, we must make them proud of us. Don't make them sad because of our bad attitude.

I can learn also, that to reach our dream we must have dream first. Never give up to reach our dreams. We must believe that we can reach our dreams by our struggles.

And never stop to study and study. We must study throughout our li
rati
Nov 10, 2007 rated it did not like it
It is an inspirational book if the author could be objective. Unfortunately, he hates evolutionary biology very much without trying to understand it first, instead he chose the wrong teacher to learn biology: Harun Yahya, an art graduate who attack evolutionary biology to defend religion. It makes this book looks stupid and dangerous, because it denies the most important theory and facts in natural science.
Seruni dinitri
Apr 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Sang Pemimpi. I've finished read this book, whereas in fact i read Laskar Pelangi first and stuck in chapter 4..xixi

Ternyata perjuangan/ mentalitas anak daerah itu bener-bener bikin salut ya..Wah, jauh banget ma diriku.

Smoga smakin banyak anak-anak Indonesia yang seperti Ikal dan Arai..high spirit, down to earth, helping each other,work hard, diligent. Welldone ANDREA HIRATA.

Shita
Jul 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Shita by: Niken
Another 2 thumbs up for my favorite writer Andrea Hirata!
The power of dream, may God always keep your dreams and make your dreams come true someday. He has His own time, the best time to make all that you've been dreaming of just right on your hands.
Andrea in this book shares to us, never be afraid to dream, as high as you can dream. Never think that your dream is too good to be true. We never know right?
Rowena
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I recommend anyone that has lack in confidence about the future and what he/she can or cannot do, read this book. Andrea is successful in proving that we need a dream, a goal in life.

I often tell my friends that if you reach for the skyscraper, you might only reach the roof of you house; if you reach higher to the sky, you might get to the highest end of the skyscraper; so you have to reach for the stars, so you would at least reach the sky. Dream... and live up to it.
buku kedua andrea 5 46 Sep 15, 2013 10:42AM

• Kambing Jantan: Sebuah Catatan Harian Pelajar Bodoh
  • Ayahku (Bukan) Pembohong
  • Daun Yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin
  • Ketika Cinta Bertasbih: Episode 1
  • Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)
  • Ketika Cinta Bertasbih: Episode 2
  • Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
  • Hujan
Under a bright sunny sky, the three-day Byron Bay Writers’ Festival welcomed Andrea Hirata who charmed audiences with his modesty and gracious behavior during two sessions.

Andrea also attended a special event where he and Tim Baker, an Australian surfing writer, spoke to a gathering of several hundred school children. During one session, Andrea was on a panel with Pulitzer Prize winning journalis

Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi (4 books)
  • Laskar Pelangi