Start by marking “Sang Pemimpi” as Want to Read:
Sang Pemimpi

Sang Pemimpi

(Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  14,653 ratings  ·  1,171 reviews
Sang Pemimpi adalah sebuah lantunan kisah kehidupan yang memesona dan akan membuat Anda percaya akan tenaga cinta, percaya pada kekuatan mimpi dan pengorbanan, lebih dari itu, akan membuat Anda percaya kepada Tuhan. Andrea akan membawa Anda berkelana menerobos sudut-sudut pemikiran di mana Anda akan menemukan pandangan yang berbeda tentang nasib, tantangan intelektualitas, ...more
Published 2006 by Bentang Pustaka

·  14,653 ratings  ·  1,171 reviews

Start your review of Sang Pemimpi
Hizatul Akmah
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
i read this book 2 years ago and i still remember some of the details and i could recall that moment when i was crying my heart out :( i wish i could own a copy of this book soon so i could reread it.
Scha Humaira
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
I like this book very much, I can tell you why? Appear komikal in the beginning, righteously ordinary juvenile delinquency, but then without You realise, story and characters in this book by degrees gain control You. Since little photograph that helds captive that will jerk You on ground sense of humour but have philosophical effect that resonate. Since struggle mean lives in poverty that twists and heroic aspiration deep story two book main figures this: Arai and Ikal will lead You with kind of ...more
Dwi Putri
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
"Dream on, then God will embrace your dreams." - Andrea Hirata

'Sang Pemimpi' by Andrea Hirata is a tetralogy of the novel 'Laskar Pelangi' which tells about Ikal and Arai who have dreams of being able to continue their studies at the Univesite de Paris, Sorbonne, France. In the beginning, that sibling (from another parent) were motivated by their teacher in high school, Pak Belia, who told about the university in France. The poverty suffered by the two brothers didn't prevent them fr
Nisa Michelle
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great continuation of the Rainbow Troops/Laskar Pelangi. The struggles of the characters continue, however, this book focuses on the Indonesian dream. Again, Hirata succeeds in accurately depicting Indonesian life.
Cindy Pangestu
i think this book should motivate us, about the true life, and what's the point of living.
Zakiatul Annisaa
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arai <3
Fita Sukiyani
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book, a lot. I have read it 3 times 😁 I love the way Andrea Hirata share his story. Feel like i am watching a movie
Ayie'em
SANG PEMIMPI is the second book of Laskar Pelangi tetralogy. This novel tells Ikal with his high school years since his little friend Arai and Jimbron. Arai is a distant brother Ikal is an orphan and is the last family member who is still alive and eventually became the foster brother Ikal. Jimbron is an orphan who was obsessed with horses and stutter when I'm enthusiastic about something or when nervous. All three were friends since childhood until they go to school in SMA Manggar, the first hi ...more
Gregorius Gerry Purnomo
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sang Pemimpi (The Dreamer) is a second book of Laskar Pelangi tetralogy (The Rainbow Troops). The novel is written by adored Indonesian author, Andrea Hirata.

It tells a story about Ikal (Andrea Hirata himself), Arai, and Jimbron. Ikal, a smart and popular student in the school, befriended kind-hearted Jimbron and his cousin Arai. Arai is the main protagonist of the novel, the dreamer, the visionary, who always think for others first before himself.

After finishing secondary school, the trio went
Wulan
Oct 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
usually write a review of Indonesian's books in Bahasa Indonesia, but in this case, I really want THE WHOLE WORLD to know this novel.
Despite the fact that I havent read Laskar Pelangi yet, which is the first novel written by Andrea Hirata (this one is his 2nd), but I didnt have a hard time understanding the plot. This book tells a story of the writer when he was still a High School student in Belitong. With a strong Melayu influence, Andrea tells his story unlike any other.
I can onl
Ambar
Mar 31, 2011 added it
Eleven children Belitong called Laskar Pelangi is no
give up even though things could not sympathize with them. Call it the Lintang,
a little copra coolie, which the genius and happy cycling 80
km round trip to quench her thirst for knowledge-even
sometimes just to sing you a country song at the end
school. Or Mahar, a janitor at a time handyman grated coconut
impromptu imaginative artists, not logical, creative, and often underestimated
his friends, but managed to raise the degree of village sc
Tryyaa
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
I think this book is very unusual and good.
It is because in this book tells about how a student had a dream and strive to realize the dream of Ikal and Arai. They never relentless and unyielding.Despite the many hurdles that must be passed but they remain optimistic. They are true friends who help each other. They also came from a modest family. But Ikal have a dream to go to paris.

This book teaches us to be able strive to realize a dream, and also we have to maintain a friendship,
Mita
Mar 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Never say never, never stop to believe, never stop to dream is a major theme of this second book of Laskar Pelangi Tetralogi.

Sang Pemimpi (The Dreamer?) is a story of two poor boys who have a big dreams and fought hard to reach it. From their backyard at Belitong - Indonesia, they experienced a difficult life but have a big dream to pursue their studies at Europe and travel to Africa.

Written by Andrea Hirata, this book still enchating by his words, his wit and even made his reader moved by his
Zuhrufi
Mar 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
This is a good novel. From this book, I can learn that we must keep our friendship. If there is friend that need our help, we must help them. Also, we must respect our parents that love us, we must make them proud of us. Don't make them sad because of our bad attitude.

I can learn also, that to reach our dream we must have dream first. Never give up to reach our dreams. We must believe that we can reach our dreams by our struggles.

And never stop to study and study. We must
Amy
Feb 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fun
The way he wrote is still very good as I always enjoy reading it, if unable to stop. This is the high school times for him, continuing his primary school in Laskar Pelangi. It talks a lot about friendships, and dreams, and what to do to get them. So it is still an inspirational story, with funny moments spread everywhere.
I cried once, when the story tells about how his father was still smile although he disappointed him.
This novel really inspires me, that there is nothing impossible.
i
Oct 26, 2007 rated it liked it
If "Laskar Pelangi" has made me wept, this has made me amused. You guys must find Jimbron here, which you might sympathize with but at the same time you would laugh as well. Arai was crazy, but Ikal, the author, certainly the most.

This is true story! I read this novel as if all those written were happened, but I couldn’t bring myself to say so. This is also fiction, after all. Andrea Hirata brightly wrote his imago-experiences and turned out them became wise everyday philosophies. Success story
Seruni dinitri
Apr 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Sang Pemimpi. I've finished read this book, whereas in fact i read Laskar Pelangi first and stuck in chapter 4..xixi

Ternyata perjuangan/ mentalitas anak daerah itu bener-bener bikin salut ya..Wah, jauh banget ma diriku.

Smoga smakin banyak anak-anak Indonesia yang seperti Ikal dan Arai..high spirit, down to earth, helping each other,work hard, diligent. Welldone ANDREA HIRATA.

Rowena
Oct 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I recommend anyone that has lack in confidence about the future and what he/she can or cannot do, read this book. Andrea is successful in proving that we need a dream, a goal in life.

I often tell my friends that if you reach for the skyscraper, you might only reach the roof of you house; if you reach higher to the sky, you might get to the highest end of the skyscraper; so you have to reach for the stars, so you would at least reach the sky. Dream... and live up to it.
Mardhiah
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book made me dare to dream.before this i have read a story in chicken soup for the soul about how to beleive in our dream.i hold the word that 'if our dream is big enough, the fact dont count'.
But,reading sang pemimpi is like reading my own story in other life.it give me strenght to get up in the morning to go to class.it help me a lot as a student college (i'm just in first semester) Andrea Hirata
rati
Nov 10, 2007 rated it did not like it
It is an inspirational book if the author could be objective. Unfortunately, he hates evolutionary biology very much without trying to understand it first, instead he chose the wrong teacher to learn biology: Harun Yahya, an art graduate who attack evolutionary biology to defend religion. It makes this book looks stupid and dangerous, because it denies the most important theory and facts in natural science.
Eldhibta
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I read this book when I was a senior high student and it motivated me to pass the college's exam well. This book introduced me how to keep your dreams deeply and to fight with your whole efforts becoming the dreams really come true. It was exciting when finally Ikal passed the Sorbonne University's scholarship exam, he continued his study there on economics. When i had finished read this book I chose economics as my study at college.
Shita
Jul 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Shita by: Niken
Another 2 thumbs up for my favorite writer Andrea Hirata!
The power of dream, may God always keep your dreams and make your dreams come true someday. He has His own time, the best time to make all that you've been dreaming of just right on your hands.
Andrea in this book shares to us, never be afraid to dream, as high as you can dream. Never think that your dream is too good to be true. We never know right?
Nunuk Rahayu
Jul 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
I love laskar Pelangi, it is one of a few books which I really enjoy reading it. So I have a high expectation of this book to be as good as the first one or even more. Unfortunately, it let me down so bad, it is way too descriptive which cause me lost interest after reading a few pages of this book, the story doesn't really go anywhere which is the worst. Thankfully, I am able to finish it, but it leaves me with nothing but disappointment.
Sita
Aug 06, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends
smart & inspiring

pay enough attention to details, Andrea Hirata made the readers smile and tears come back and forth. Bright idea on how to uplift people spirit by story telling his own childhood memories...

I believe those who have dreams will pursue it even more and others will start to dream and make it come true..

There's no such thing as impossible
Qila
Jan 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
failed to get the 1st tetra logy, just found "Sang Pemimpi" in MPH book store. i'll search for the 1st- " Laskar Pelangi" before i start these tetra logy. recommended by friend of mine, Dayat(whom i know read a lot of books)i just can't left aside the book that he recommended.. hope i'll found the Laskar Pelangi =)
Tomas
Apr 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Tetralogy Laskar Pelangi probably the only Indonesian novel which I read again since my junior high era, i.e 20-yrs ago ! Andrea is simply a gifted writer. His books telling us how dream can become reality if you really strive for it. In a way, it is his own life experience withn a twist. Touchy and wonderful.
Christ
Jul 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Christ by: My mother
This books is all about a person's journey, first he is only poor kids from belitong island, then he travelled to jakarta to continued his studies.. in jakarta he works and studies really hard... until finnaly he got the scholarship to paris...

we must keep dreaming, coz if we didn't.. we have nothing to accomplished and we can't move foward..
Septiara
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Don't afraid, God holds your dream. Be faith, be strong. This book was telling about the dreamer, and finally the could catch their dream. That was about friends, intellectual, education, persistence, hard work and patient. Catching dream with little steps. Really recommended!

Indonesian should read this!
Rakhmita
Sep 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all the people in this world who's still believe the miracle of dreams
this is the 2nd book from andrea hirata,, how awesome..
Inspirative bngt ni buku,, dan menambah spirit kt untuk trs mengejar mimpi kt because nothing is imposible and imposible is nothing,, i've ever heard my teacher said that what you think is what you get and in AL-QURAN also says it,, semangat menggapai mimpi!!
Esti
Jan 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indonesian
For me,this book is much better written than the first one (Laskar Pelangi), I like the plot better on this one (maybe I got used to his way of writing by now *winks*) but definitely enjoy reading it a lot ( wish I'm not so busy these days, I could read the 3 of them nonstop *grin*).

It is a MUST read book !!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Kambing Jantan: Sebuah Catatan Harian Pelajar Bodoh
  • Supernova: Ksatria, Puteri, dan Bintang Jatuh
  • Rembulan Tenggelam Di Wajahmu
  • Daun Yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin
Under a bright sunny sky, the three-day Byron Bay Writers’ Festival welcomed Andrea Hirata who charmed audiences with his modesty and gracious behavior during two sessions.

Andrea also attended a special event where he and Tim Baker, an Australian surfing writer, spoke to a gathering of several hundred school children. During one session, Andrea was on a panel with Pulitzer Prize winning journalis

Tetralogi Laskar Pelangi (4 books)
  • Laskar Pelangi