Start by marking “Clocked (Clockwise, #4)” as Want to Read:
Clocked (Clockwise, #4)

Clocked

(Clockwise #4)

A Novelette.

Written from Nate Mackenzie's point of view, this new companion novelette to the Clockwise series is a much expanded version of the short story found in the In His Eyes Anthology (from 3k to 15k). Ever wonder how Nate got talked into asking Casey to dance on a dare? And what it felt like for him to experience 1860? How he really felt about Casey Donovan? Now yo
Published June 2nd 2012 by ESB Publishing

Start your review of Clocked (Clockwise, #4)
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn’t happy with what a douchebag Nate turned out to be; his “she served her purpose” attitude made my stomach churn, at least until he started looking at Casey in a whole new light.

To me the purpose of companion novellas is to give that little extra that gives us understanding on why the characters act the way they do but I didn’t quite feel it here.

But, yes I still enjoyed it very much and had a good laugh with Nate as he struggles to understand what the hell was going on there.

It’s a fun q
Kelli
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Nate's perspective in the beginning of the series. Wow - he was such a typical jock jerk! lol But in all honesty what do we expect with the whole high school boy scenario? Can't say it surprises me much and while I don't feel like this really added way too much to the series as a whole it was still super fun to read it from his side vs Casey's side. (view spoiler) ...more
Noella
I disliked Nate Mackenzie in this story. His internal thoughts were self absorbed and not the guy I thought I met in Clockwise! I was wondering how he'd explain being with Jessica, who was mean to Casey in Clockwise. Turned out he didn't like her half the time.

"But, as vain as this sounded, she served her purpose. I couldn't face being on the market right now. And Jessica wasn't all bad. She could be cute and funny. Despite her popularity, or maybe because of it, she was really quite insecure.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This is a great companion novella to "Clockwise". I loved seeing Nate's point of view. My opinion of his has increased quite a bit.

Read "Clockwise" first and then this one. It lacks many of the details because it is a novella, but is fun to read.
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

So this short story is a companion novella to Clockwise , and it’s told in Nate’s POV from when he first asks Casey for a dance to when they go back in time. And it was a lot of fun! It was cute and I absolutely loved Clockwise, so it was cool seeing things from his POV.

But... so many ughhhs. So many. Nate there at the beginning was SO superficial and I hated it!

Jessica had staked a claim and I’f just gone along with it. She was cute, if note a little possessive
Carey
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel
As good as the first time through with Casey's POV. :) Loved hearing how Nate debated over Casey and how to react. Love this story.
Rayne
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Short, sweet and so Nate!!!
Patrizia
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, I got adicted. I started with clockwise and continued with clocked. While the first book needed a dozen pages to catch me, clocked filled in the gaps and showed Casey's story from Nate's perspective. A wonderful addition. It is obvious now that I want to read the next stories. It is not only the plot, to be precise, that captured my mind, but Elle Strauss wonderful penmanship and the fact, that the story is written in such a way, that you have always to be on your toes. You can't simply n ...more
Brenda B Mahadeo
Book 4

I love this series. I can not stop reading them. I read all in less than a week. Best books. Would recommend to any one to read
Sam
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A good companion novella to fill out the fist book in the series! I really enjoyed this & have recommended it to my mom! Like the ideas, story & characters! Nice & easy read! ...more
Jeannie Huie
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable time travel short novel. This is really a young adult book that is fun to read!
Jzcotter03
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the shortened version of "Clockwise" from Nate's point of view. It was very entertaining but I kind of wish it had covered the whole story instead of stopping in the middle.
Mrs. Schonour
A cute retelling of the first book, but it didn’t offer much additional insight.
Laurie Hopkins
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Love

This is a wonderful series, just love finding out Nates side and how he got to the point of all in with Casey.
Ryan
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd neglected to review this one. It was a short retelling of parts of Clockwise, from Nate's perspective. I found it okay. Nate wasn't a deeply intriguing character, and his lines about placeholder girlfriends induced a couple of eye-rolls. I recognize we're dealing with a younger character, but young adults need not be insufferable, and are less on the reader's last nerve when they're not. Also worth noting is this book is not a full alternate retelling of Clockwise and does stop abruptly in t ...more
Grace
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review Posted @ She Reads Things

In this short follow up to Clockwise (http://shereadsthings.blogspot.com/20...), readers get to see Nate's side of the story. It's short, simple, and sweet.

Being able to see how Nate felt about the whole time traveling experience with Casey was great, because I was able to connect his thoughts to the thoughts that Casey had during their epic adventures in Clockwise. And I've got to say, Nate is as adorable as he was in the
Moms POV
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Even though this book is considered #4 in the series, it seemed to make more sense to read it after #1 while it is still fresh on my mind what happened in the first book.

It was fun to do a quick read from Nate's POV. Again I go with, it is a cute book and on track with what I think many teenagers would go through. Nate and Casey go on a trip through time together - much like spring break where teenagers meet other people that they may never hang out with again and feeling arise - it happens wit
Bonnie Dale Keck
Jan 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: strauss
Interesting take on time travel etecetera. CLOCKWISE: A young adult time travel romance. (The Clockwise Series Book 1) CLOCKWISER: A Young Adult Time Travel Romance (The Clockwise Series Book 2) Like Clockwork: A Young Adult Time Travel Romance. (The Clockwise Series Book 3) Counter Clockwise: A young adult time travel romance (The Clockwise Collection Book 4) Clockwork Crazy: A young adult time travel romance. (The Clockwise Collection Book 5) CLOCKED: A young adult time travel romance novella ...more
Amanda
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
Very short and kind of pointless. I just skimmed through this one.

*I don’t remember when I first read this but I have it on my kindle and decided to read it again. A lot of it was redundant since it was basically the same as the first story. This time though it was from Nate’s POV. Just as what seems to be this authors style the story was very short with very little embellishments. She gets to the point and it is up to us to fill in the blanks. I wish she had just included this in the first book
Jolyn
I really enjoyed hearing the story from Nate's point of view. Make sure you have read the first book in the series BEFORE you read this one though or it won't make a lot of sense.

The story had a different feel because it was from a male perspective rather than female but it was nice to see how Nate adapted to time travel on his first trip and how his interest in/respect for Casey developed.

Mrs. Strauss did a good job of keep the action and dialogue consistent between the two points of view. Sinc
Krystal
Mar 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book made me angry. I spent three good dollars for this piece of crap?! What the hell??? For all you readers out there who thought that it was gonna be the whole freaking book from Nate's POV- like I did. It's not. It's from the dare to the freaking second trip they had. It's not what happened on the second trip. It's a piece of flying crap. Why in the blue hell didn't she freken finish. I loved the first book, but this book jut made me not want to read any more of her stuff because obvious ...more
Janet
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved reading the male perspective on this book. Since I already knew what was going to happen from reading Clockwise, it made me realize the large gaps between what Casey knew as an integral part of her life versus Nate having to quickly understand such a unique disruption as time travel. I can't wait to continue their story in ClockwiseR.
Lula McCuela
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
I was really excited to read a part of the book from Nate's POV, and this wasn't disappointing. I liked knowing when Nate started liking Casey. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer! I really wanted to see it all from Nate's POV, but I suppose it would've gotten tiring reading the same lines from the first book again.
YBx
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was a cute short story. I kind of liked the story a little from Nate's viewpoint though it lacked the unknown from reading it originally from Casey's view. I definitely think Elle Strauss should do future stories from both of their viewpoints to add a little more pizazz to the already fun stores.
Alisa
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
It was fun reading how things happened from Nate's point of view... I just found this to be a lot shorter than I wanted it to be! I really wanted to be in his head for the second visit when Robert proposed to Casey/ Cassandra. Fun read, but just ended a lot sooner than I would have liked...
Christiaan
Jan 24, 2016 rated it liked it
As a novella, I found this bonus book to be shorter then expected. That aside though I found the view from Nate's view to be pretty much as I expected. A retelling of events between Nate and Casey and his first "trip" and events there in, leading up to his second trip
Mella
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
So I quite liked reading from Nate's POV, but I am kind of disappointed that a lot of the descriptions were similar to Casey's. They wouldn't know and notice the same things so why were their POVs so similar?

Other than that, this was a cute short read!!
Yuli's
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Enjoy the short story but felt like it was incomplete. I thought this book was going to also include the second trip they took. I was actually looking forward to reading about Nates POV when Robert propose to Casey.
Rebekka Lange
Apr 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved hearing from Nate's prospective. He's funny and I appreciate him more as a character. Just wished this was an actual novel. The length was very disappointing. If it was longer it'd get a better rating.
Brandi
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was kind of nice seeing how Nate truly feels about Casey, especially now that I'm reading Counter Clockwise and Casey is doubting Nate's loyalty to her. I was quite disappointed that this did not cover the entire story from Nate's POV. Really big letdown actually.

• Murder at the Bomb Shelter (Rosa Reed #3)
  • Murder on the Boardwalk (Rosa Reed #2)
  • Murder at High Tide (Rosa Reed #1)
  • Murder on Fleet Street (Ginger Gold Mysteries #10)
  • Murder on Eaton Square (Ginger Gold Mysteries #9)
  • Murder at the Boat Club (Ginger Gold Mysteries #8)
  • Murder at the Mortuary (Ginger Gold Mysteries #4)
  • Murder at St. George's Church (Ginger Gold Mysteries #6)
  • Murder Aboard the Flying Scotsman (Ginger Gold Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery on Valentine's Day
  • Murder at Feathers & Flair (Ginger Gold Mysteries #3)
  • Murder at Kensington Gardens (Ginger Gold Mysteries #5)
  • Hillary's Back! (DI Hillary Greene, #18)
  • One Year of Ugly
  • A Deadly Edition (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries, #5)
  • A Match Made in Texas (Archer Brothers, #2.5)
  • If It Makes You Happy
  • I Think I Might Love You (Love Sisters, #1)
Hi, there! I'm Lee Strauss, (formerly Elle Strauss) USA TODAY Bestselling author, known for the acclaimed GINGER GOLD MYSTERY series as well as other cozy mystery, sci-fi, sweet romance and young adult.

You’ll find more information about all of my series by heading over to my official website leestraussbooks.com. See you there!

Clockwise (6 books)
  • Clockwise (Clockwise, #1)
  • Clockwiser (Clockwise, #2)
  • Like Clockwork (Clockwise, #3)
  • Counter Clockwise (Clockwise, #5)
  • Clockwork Crazy (Clockwise, #6)

News & Interviews