Start by marking “Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3)

Ruin and Rising

(The Grisha Trilogy #3)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  89,050 Ratings  ·  11,924 Reviews
Alternative Cover Edition #1

The capital has fallen.

The Darkling rules Ravka from his shadow throne.

Now the nation's fate rests with a broken Sun Summoner, a disgraced tracker, and the shattered remnants of a once-great magical army.

Deep in an ancient network of tunnels and caverns, a weakened Alina must submit to the dubious protection of the Apparat and the zealots wh
Published June 17th 2014 by Henry Holt and Company

To ask other readers questions about Ruin and Rising, please sign up.
Sarah YES. Why do people think this was a satisfying ending? It was cliched, predictable and worse - it's mediocrity left me agitated.
I wish the author…more
I wish the author would have come up with an ending that was .. darker and less predictable. A more unconventional happy ending or even an open ending would have been better.(less)
gab !! (foreverflippingpages)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,428 books — 15,760 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,547 books — 9,153 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
I AM SO PISSED. I AM SO PISSED.

Please allow me the indulgence of using an extended metaphor to describe this series.

The first book is the first stages of love. It's not true love, but infatuation. You are ensnared by his looks, enamored by everything he does. His quirks are adorable. His faults are overlooked because it's a part of who he is. It's part of what makes him special. So what if he has a habit of scratching his ass in public? It's cute.

The second book is the "settling in" stage of the
Wendy Darling
They had an ordinary life, full of ordinary things--if love can ever be called that.

Oh, and Leigh Bardugo talked to me about the glorious, glorious food of the Grisha trilogy here during this fairy tale lunch: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2014...
Emma Giordano
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
la la la la la tis impossible for me to say anything coherent about the Grisha trilogy because I love it so much. What a wonderful conclusion. I'm so happy I finally continued with this series this year.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
That was an interesting conclusion to the trilogy. I can't say I'm super satisfied with how things came together, but it was still enjoyable! My main gripe with this series is it's lack of plot. I wanted more from the story, all three books feel like this build up to the ending, but nothing happens during those build up moments. (obviously this is just my opinion, you don't have to agree with me!)
Aqsa
Jul 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
UPDATE:
The more years pass- the more embarrassing this fucking review gets lmao.

BUT ALSO- I have to admit, while Acomaf beat this ^ trash book in regards to storytelling, Acowar (Acotar #3) kinda sucked ass so like... y'all tread carefully and if anything- enjoy Acomaf only because I see that book as a standalone anyway.

Also, fuck this book & the author lmfao.

UPDATE:
Okay so for those of you (like myself) who were disappointed with this ^ piece of disgusting garbage- GO READ THE
"A COURT OF T
Katerina
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
*5 “you might make me a better man” stars*

Agony. Pain. Tears. Heartbreak. Acceptance. This is the way the Grisha trilogy ends.

A masterpiece. A gem. Leigh Bardugo gave everything she had in this grand finale. I'm numb and empty inside. I want to sit in silence and contemplate what happened and figure out the reasons why. I came to the conclusion that things were meant to end this way from the start. A
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Holy shit. This was brilliant and terrible and I have so many feels I can't even begin to describe.

Ok ok, listen. I know there are so many conflicting reviews on this book. But as for me? I literally could not choose how I wanted it to end.

I know, I might be a terrible person but I was totally OK with all three ending scenarios. At the beginning of this book.. I was literally rooting for Alina to save the Darkling, Alina with Nikolai, and Alina and Mal. Come on, guys. You know you were curious
Cait • A Page with a View
It's been a few years now and I still can't find the words to review this masterpiece of a trilogy. The worldbuilding was so much fun. The characters were hilarious & real. The plot twists were incredible.

I loved every single thing about it... SO I now present to you the feels broken down in annoying gifs:

How I feel about Nikolai:

How I feel about The Darkling:

How I feel about Mal:

The beginning of this book in the caves:

The third amplifier twist:

THAT ENDING:

Actually, I'm fine with the end. I
Ashley
(view spoiler)
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
2 Stars

Overview:

Then he cupped my cheek, his thumb tracing my lip."You are all I've ever wanted," he said. "You are the whole of my heart.”

^My face right now.

Let me preface this roast by stating-- my problem isn’t the love triangle. (If you can even call it that.) I’m not upset things didn’t turn out like I wanted, I’m frustrated the conclusion was a hot mess of nonexistent plot and unwinding character development. (Though I do obviously hate one of the love interests with all of my soul
Andreea Pop
REVIEW:

Actual rating: 3.5 Stars

So. I am conflicted. I initially gave Ruin And Rising 4 stars. After like half an hour of deliberating and second-guessing my rating, I switched it to 3 stars. If you'll ask me in a week, I'll probably say it was a 4 star read. So to be honest, I think it's a 3.5 from me. There are several reasons why I did this to the last book of one of my favorite series EVER and I'm gonna complain about every one of them, so if I start writing in CAPS, please understand that I'
Chelsea Humphrey
This book was everything. 💔🖤💔🖤💔🖤 I'm so emotional right now *SOBS UNCONTROLLABLY*

I'll try to review this tomorrow when I can see out of my puffy, blurry, traitorous eyes. 😭😭😭
Kiki
Elise (TheBookishActress)
There’s a repeated problem within this novel where the time skips. The first book ends with the leads off to a new adventure. That new adventure is compromised and they are in the same old situation as before the finale less than twenty pages in. The second book ends with the lead characters in a bad situation. They are out of that bad situation less than forty pages into this book. It’s a really weird element and makes this story feel really unpolished.

Now, you might be thinking, Elise, I love
Melanie

1.) Shadow and Bone ★★★★★
2.) Siege and Storm ★★★

This book was a whole lot of ruin and not enough rising.

This review is going to have mild spoilers, especially with information about Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm, so please proceed with caution if you haven't read this trilogy.

Moral of this story:
If you want the super hot guy you've been fantasizing about for years, make sure you never show that you can be more powerful than him in any aspect of your life.

Mal wanted her powerless and he
Dorreh
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm like a bubble of explosive happiness right now! That was incredibly perfect I can't really find the proper words!!!

But I'll try to anyways...........

"What two things are infinite? The universe and the greed of men."

This little point emphasized so much throughout this series. I adored every moment I spent reading this series. Although in my own experience I always love the first book in a series the most, because everything is so new and fresh. There is a certain giddiness associated with get
C.G. Drews
WELL, 'SCUSE ME. BUT I'M RIDICULOUSLY UNHAPPY. I've had a weird mix of feelings about this series. I liked the first book but...never felt emotionally engaged? But then Siege and Storm was 5-star worthy. FIVE FREAKING FANTASTIC STARS. I fell in love with the world building and Nikolai and the magic and the science and Nikolai and Nikolai and also NIKOLAI. *ahem* And then Ruin and Rising? WHAT. HAPPENED.

For me, it was:
+ boring and slow
+ the first 100-pages made me want to nap
+ i didn't love any o
Sofs
Jun 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Okay, as it seems me reading this series has a pattern:
I finish the book and then immediately start reading the next one. *lol*

Once again I didn’t even write a review for book two but I can’t help it, I just want to know what happens in the last book! XD
I mean there are so many questions and I need answers to all of them!!!

Because just to mention a few keywords:
- Genya
- Alina
- Nikolai
- The Darkling
- Mal

GAH!!! WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!

To say it with Marc Anthony’s lyrics:
“Cause I need to k
~Poppy~
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
“You are all I’ve ever wanted,” he said. “You are the whole of my heart.”

“He leaned against the window, and the gilded frame came into sharp focus. “Do you think it would be any different with your tracker beside you? With that Lantsov pup?”
“Yes,” I said simply.
“Because you would be the strong one?”
“Because they’re better men than you.”
“You might make me a better man.”
“And you might make me a monster.”

I really wanted to give 5 stars.I did! But from the beginning of the book until the middle it
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Book Stockholm syndrome took me hostage with this series and now that it's over I don't know what to do. I started off this series not caring at all and by the middle of this third book I was sobbing on my kitchen floor. I guess you could say the series got better as it went along. I’m not sure about that but I do know half this book ripped my heart out. The other half pissed me off but if you read my review’s of Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm that isn’t exactly rare for this se
Demi
Moral of the story: A woman should never show more strength and power than her boyfriend. Ladies, you must give up everything so you can be with your man.

The end.

....

Also, fuck any defense for this ending. The fucking title is "Ruin and Rising", and by naming the book this, Leigh Bardugo completely misled everyone into believing this book would be something its not.

Read this if you like heavily contrived romance that the actual plot suffers for.
Dulcie
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper.
T.S. Eliot

What a perfect encapsulation of this miserable conclusion.

I thought I had prepared myself mentally for the worst of scenarios. Even as I prayed desperately for a satisfying ending to my favorite YA series of all time, I readied myself for every possible emotion: For devastation. For despair. For my soul to be raked over the coals until it became a shriveled, blackened thing so that I could never feel happiness again.

I was
Darth J
In this finale, you'll find more incomprehensible nouns.

A previously important phoenix plot that quickly fizzles out.

Some weird girl who used to be beautiful is now ugly muddled body positivity message.

Mal gets a dumb tattoo on his back that roughly translates to "I am become a blade" or some other crap, and it just makes me think of a lot of my millennial friends who have regrettable tats just because they think it makes them look badass.
What they think they look like:

What they actually look l
Natalia
I've never been more disappointed with a book in my life. Probably because I've invested too much of my heart into this story and I expected to get at least something in return. This isn't the worst book out there, but the amount of potential squandered, the idea of what it could have been - it all makes me want to weep. I expected so much more from Leigh, but in the end, it turned out to be just another trope-ridden YA series.

More rant coming later.

***

We have a true cover, and everything is on
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

This will be difficult to explain because in fact I feel very nostalgic by the end of this trilogy that won my heart without my noticing it. But now that I am saying goodbye to the characters seriously I can say that I already miss them so much

description

This book has won all the stars in my opinion for the great growth of the characters through it. They have been courageous and strong at all times and I loved
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Sep 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
description

“Maybe love was superstition, a prayer we said to keep the truth of loneliness at bay."

Why you should read the Grisha trilogy:

1. The Darkling
7. Mal and Alina
8. Mal
9. MAL
10. Malyen Fucking Oretsev

If you haven't gotten it yet, I'm kind of in love with Mal. And I know some people preferred the other heroes over him. Maybe because he wasn't as funny as Nikolai or as seductive as the Darkling. But I loved that boy
Sana
This review is mostly gifs bc I just cannot write proper English words and the only English word that I am able to write is the word "fuck" and there is enough of that if you scroll down.

Mal

Alina

The Plot

The Darkling

The Ending
description

If you don't want a whole fuck migraine, don't scroll down. :))

*eye twitches*
*closes book and stares off into the distance*
*takes a deep breath*
*implodes*

Literally trying not to fucking throw my fucking Ipad across the room. FUCK THIS BULL FUCKING SHIT.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Right, so it's been about a month since RUIN AND RISING came out, but I know there are still a lot of you who haven't had a chance to read it yet, so NO SPOILERS. I will, however, be using my trademark vague-ery to discuss the issues I had with this book.

There are three. FYI.

I may also have a rant (I haven't decided yet), but if I do, I promise that you'll have to CLICK ON IT to be able to read it. Moving on.

I love the X-Men.

3. Ruin and Rising: ★★★★✩
Prequel:
1. The Demon in the Woods ★★★★★
_____________

See this review and more at www.bookbastion.net

Oh man, this was so much better than I could have hoped it would be!

Did it meet my own personal preferences? Not in the slightest. And while a loud and vocal part of my mind immediately started blaring red alert warning sirens when I saw things slipping away from how I hoped they'd go, I still appreciated the journey.

Note
  • Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3)
  • The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)
  • Endsinger (The Lotus Wars, #3)
  • The Unbound (The Archived, #2)
  • Unmade (The Lynburn Legacy, #3)
  • Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Chaos (Guards of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #3)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2)
  • Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2)
  • The Forever Song (Blood of Eden, #3)
  • The Winner's Kiss
  • Rebel Spring (Falling Kingdoms, #2)
  • Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)
  • This Shattered World
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse. With over two million copies sold, her Grishaverse spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, and The Language of Thorns—with more to come. (To hear about new releases, tour dates, and giveaways first, sign up for Leigh's newsletter here.) Her short stories can be found i ...more

The Grisha Trilogy (3 books)
  • Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (Grisha Verse, #2)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Girl on a Wire (Cirque American #1)
  • One Rainy Night
    $4.49 $0.99
Na razrusha'ya. I am not ruined. E'ya razrushost. I am ruination.” 775 likes
“I will strip away all that you know, all that you love, until you have no shelter but mine.” 611 likes