Start by marking “Vision: Lost and Found: The Story Of A Church That Got Stuck but Didn't Stay There” as Want to Read:

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"Vision: Lost & Found" is the behind-the-scenes story of a church that grew from nothing to be labeled as the second most innovative church in the country--and then got stuck. Author Tim Stevens tells the story of Granger Community Church's journey through the ups and downs. You will feel their angst, but you will also smile as they celebrate significant moments along ...more
Published April 19th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Vision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vision

Luke
Jun 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: luke-2012
I loved the heart behind this book. The goal of continuing to grow and being willing to follow God's leading in your church is worthy of commendation. However, that this church was not guided by scripture in there changes in any way deemed worthy of mentioning is a problem that is hard to ignore.
Chris
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I felt like I was reading my own biography!

Started this book at 10:30, thinking I'd read just the first chapter before bed, and finished it at 12:45.

This is engaging stuff. Besides the keep-you-hooked format--each chapter is only a page and a half--Tim tells a compelling story. This is the personal, behind-the-scenes account of the Granger team's success with attraction church in the early 2000's AND discovery in 2010 that church can/must also be missional.

Not only does he describe how the se
Carol R.
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yeah, it's another megachurch story, but if you can get past that, the principles still can apply to any church that is seeking to discover or rediscover its vision. Comes with copies of the actual resources they used and timelines, all really helpful. There was brutal honesty in the book as well, which is great for all of us who know there is no perfect church and sin finds its way into every church.
Rob Hurt
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved the author's honesty regarding the struggles their church faced, the inside look at the staff's struggles and they way they continue to innovate despite the criticism of folks that aren't doing squat other than criticize and judge. A lot of concrete, helpful insights and tools. Excellent book!
Matthew Robertson
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I appreciated the candid approach of the author...this was an easy read that identified the pitfalls and triumphs experienced in church growth...I enjoyed getting an inside look at the beginning of their church and their efforts to continue re-inventing themselves over the years to make the biggest impact.
H.b. Charles
I found this book very honest about the ups-and-downs of ministry. But it is does not reflect a biblical philosophy of ministry.
Mike Conner
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the beginning and end...not so much the middle.
Jt
Good book about struggling as a church and then finding its way to make a difference. Very encouraging book to read.
Tim Ketchersid