Start by marking “The Chosen One (The Dream, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Chosen One (The Dream, #3)

The Chosen One

(The Dream #3)

Trying to exist undetected in a human world with a human family, is hard enough when you are a vampire - but finding out your son is the fabled Chosen One, makes things even more difficult.

Will Alexi's love be enough to protect his precious child from the powers that be? Or will he be comdemned to live out eternity alone.....
Paperback, First Edition, 180 pages
Published June 30th 2012 by Createspace (first published May 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Chosen One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chosen One

Start your review of The Chosen One (The Dream, #3)
Delphina
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It is official, each book in this series gets better and better. I just loved this book. I do not know how I got so lucky as to get an ARC for this book, but I am so glad I did. I am not sure I even know where to begin. This book had so much awesomeness. I am definitely buying this book once it is available in a bound book. Yes, I got an e copy arc for free and I loved it enough that I am going to pay for a copy. I loved it that much.

Here are some of the many things that had me loving this book:
Jennifer  Davis
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given an e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

This is the third book to The Dream Series. Book 3 starts just where book 2 ended, in the middle of all kinds of chaos. If Alexi thought he was in a mess before, just think how it will be when he finds out that his son is the Chosen One? Much less what will happen when evil finds out? Lucky for Alexi, he has friends and a mom that have some tricks up their sleeves. If it weren't for them, there are a few times that Alexi may have been in so
Jeanette Hornby
The third book in the Dream Series, 'The Chosen One' was my favourite. The characters were written in depth and the story progressed nicely. There were some really great moments in this novel and the suspense kept the pages turning. I loved the way the author revealed the secrets and history of the characters and how everything all came together. My only grievance was that the story ended rather abruptly. Does this mean there is another to come?
Linda Tonis
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Dream Series and they should definitely be read in order. This book picks up at the exact point book two ends. Newly turned Maria has turned on her best friend Cassie and drained her dry. Alexi now has to face a future without the woman he loves but knows he has to stay strong for the sake of his young son AJ. As if finding his wife dead is not enough Alexi has to come to terms with the fact that his son is The Chosen One, the one who is the giver of life.

As the Ch
Julie
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ebook: The Chosen One (The Dream Series)

Author: Gladys Quintal

Fiction, Paranormal,

This review may contain spoilers

I was given this by the author for an honest review

Summary: Trying to exist undetected in a human world, with a human family is hard enough when you are a Vampire - but finding out your son is also the fabled Chosen One, makes things even more difficult.
Will Alexi's love be enough to protect his precious child from the powers that be and prevent fate from dealing him yet another cru
Toni
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: misc-rrc-s
The Chosen One starts immediately where Be Careful What You Wish For ends.

In The Man of My Dreams you read about Alexi and Cassandra’s beginning. In Be Careful What You Wish For you learn about an unknown history that is beginning to wind around Alexi and Cassandra, tightening ever so slowly and in The Chosen One all the roads converge into a grand battle.

I have very mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed reading about what happened to Cassandra, but I also felt overwhelmed. There was too mu
Jane
Jun 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-review
The Chosen One by Gladys Quintal

The Chosen One is a fast paced drama with non stop action and suspense throughout, it’s full of unexpected twists and turns that kept me turning the pages until I finished the whole book in one sitting. Alexi is still struggling to keep his own secret and now has the added stress of keeping A.J hidden as his sons abilities are beginning to show. Luckily he has his family and friends to support him, but the question is, will they be able to find the threat in tim
VampireRomanceBooks ThatsErotica
The Dream Series continues with The Chosen One. What was thought to be a fable turns out to be true when Alexi finds that his son is the Chosen One. Now he must find a way to protect his family and keep A.J.’s role a secret.

I have really grown to admire Alexi, as I learn of all he has been through. Of course, he wants to hold on to his humanity, but we also get to glimpse his more feral nature. I am also glad that Quintal has brought his maker, Chloe, into the story and developed the relationshi
OpenBookSociety.com
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Autumn

When we last left Alexi, he was on the verge of losing everything he loves. He discovers that his young son, A.J., has the power to save Cassie from death and also is wanted by the evil Elizabeth for the power that his blood holds.

Alexi must decide if he can walk the very fine line of fulfilling his vampire nature while living amongst humans. How can he protect his new family as well as his old and defeat the malevolent powers that threaten them?

Gladys Quinta
Autumn
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
When we last left Alexi, he was on the verge of losing everything he loves. He discovers that his young son, A.J. has the power to save Cassie from death and also is wanted by the evil Elizabeth for the power that his blood holds.
Gladys Quintal is back with the newest installment
Missy
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another awesome read!
I love how each book in this series keeps expanding on the unique historical aspects, the element of magic and now a little bit of the devil. So these books are not just about vamps but so much more.
The love and passion Cassie and Alexi show towards each other is still sweet and how they manage to live a life as normal as they can while fighting for their lives.....is just wonderful.
I love how we have learned there is so much more to Alexi's background and that his family hi
Laura Young
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing

My Thoughts:
Another wonderful ending, not as cliffhanger as the other have been, but still it leaves you wanting more. I was still shocked until the end and my reaction was... Whoa! Didn’t see that coming. Then this is just me. I loved the chapters every ten percent. My reading habits are weird, I know, I know.

The Review:
The story has added to the shock factor. Now not only vampires and witches are in the plot, but ghost, demon children, and a certain dark figure. I never saw that coming and I w
Heather Alexander
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in return for an honest review. This is the third book in the Dream series. Alexi is back and having to deal with a lot more than food. Cassie was drained by her best friend and her son A.J. brought her back to life. Alexi has found out his son is the Chosen One, he can give life, is developing telepathic powers, is set to be uber powerful as he grows, and all of this needs to be hidden. Ever since she was brought back to life, Cassie has been having horrible visions. Will ...more
Liza Fletcher
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Review by: liza on June 04, 2012 : (Remove)
I have just finished reading "The Chosen One" by Gladys Quintal,WOW would just about cover how i felt at the end and from the very beginning too..WOW it certainly grabs you and pulls you in to the point where you just have to read on to know what is going to happen next!! This book like the others before is what i call a "rollercoaster of emotions" for the reader as you find yourself rolling up and down through so many emotions for just not the story b
Tracy Ehlers
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
* I received this ebook in exchange for an honest review*

Well another exciting read that held me in suspense... The Chosen One, book 3 in the Dream series began where book 2 left off, with lots of drama and intrigue. I enjoyed how the author explained some of the history of the characters in this instalment. And enjoyed the interaction between the MC and the secondary characters definitely look forward to reading more about them in the coming instalments.
Through out this book I became curious as
Janie
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.
After reading the first two books I was really looking forward to reading this book and I wasn't disappointed! I love how easily the story picks up from the end of the previous book. I loved how in this book we discovered my of Alexi's family history and Nana is a really good character to help him with this, she reminded me of my own Nan! I seriously cannot wait to read the next book as I HAVE to know what happens to A.J. A defin
Bobbi
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Bobbi by: Author
Review from book set...
First off, I would like to say that I am not usually a big fan of books that have rape and molestation in them. I will say that this book does not dwell on the subject and the scenes are brief. On to a better note, I love the concept of a hero vampire. I really loved this book because it gave me the back-story from the first two books. Little A.J. is such an awesome kid so far. This series gets better and better with every book.
Marjon
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finished this third book by Gladys Quintal in record time.
"The Chosen One" grabs you by the throat from the first words and does not let you go till the last page. Packed full of action and twists and turns, this story has something for everyone who loves, vampires, ghosts, demons and everything in between..
Definitely a story I recommend to the lovers of the genre or anyone looking for a great read!
Lori
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was even better than the other 2, and I didn't think that was possible. I really enjoyed the story that unfolded between the characters and I really really hope there is a book 4. I am curious to see how the rest of the story unfolds, as there is still plenty of story that can be told. :)
Nana
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THESE BOOKS.

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT IS GOING ON GLADYS THROWS A SURPRISE IN THE MIX..YOU CAN'T PREDICT WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT..I LIKE THOSE TYPE OF BOOKS IT KEEPS YOU READING AND TURNING THE PAGES

IF YOU LIKE YOUR VAMPIRE FIERCE, BUT LOVING, TRY THIS SERIES OUT FOR SIZE. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED
Silvia
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once again....OMG!
Will there be a 4th Book? There just has to be.

In this Book the evil has been averted and little A.j. Is safe......or is he?

Evil doesn't rest so I am sure we haven't seen the last of Elizabeth and her minions.

These Books are just fantastic.....
There needs to be another!!!
Joanne Quick
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another Awesome book!
I read it within a few hours & jokingly asked Gladys when the fourth one would be out.
Can't wait for the next installment
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the whole series great books
Wanda Hartzenberg
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is far richer in back story regarding prophecies etc.
i had trouble discouvering what Nanna can do and had to take a leap of faith regarding this twist. Once I did the story flow took me on a wild ride where even previously evil incarnate characters (well one of them) came to his senses. The prophecy etc is fun and adds so much to the love story that I simply could not put the book down.

A really good vampire read with adult content.

WaAr
Deb Carroll
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
*I received this box set in exchange for an honest review*

You have a vampire trying to do good in the world by taking care of some very nasty bad guys. I am not a great fan of rape and abuse so if you have issues with this type of thing this book is not for you, even if the bad guys do get taken down! There is a little bit of everything in this book. Murder, Love, Sex, Drama, Vampires, Witches....you get the idea!

If you are a lover of paranormal then these books are for you!!!
Elizabeth Robbins
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better! In this book, some of the baddest of the bad attempt redemption. We also discover a lot more of Elizabeth's eventual master plan. Lots of thrills and chills make this installment the best yet! Love it!
Lisa Welch
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
wow yet again an amazing book the third in the series has yet more plot twists developing the ongoing story further, the way relationships are building are amazing well done
Amanda Adkins
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So far this is my favorite one of the series. It has so much more content. It held my attention good. I loved the ending. Can't wait to see where the next one picks up.
Tanya Ballenger
May 19, 2014
Joy
Apr 29, 2017
A survivor of sexual abuse, I have recently written the true account of my childhood, titled: Life After Hell: Surviving Sexual Abuse. I have tried to convey what happened to me as well as my journey to finally getting justice.

A lot of my real life experiences have gone into my fictional works - especially my first book The Man of My Dreams, where I created a vigilante vampire that kills rapists

The Dream (6 books)
  • The Man of My Dreams (The Dreams, #1)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For (The Dream, #2)
  • Succubus: An Erotic Companion (The Dream #4)
  • A Match Made in Hell (The Dream, #5)
  • The Dream Series (Books 1 - 5)

News & Interviews