Start by marking “Relentless (Aspen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Relentless (Aspen, #1)

Relentless (Aspen #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  1,243 Ratings  ·  94 Reviews
Lily Chandler lost her job and lost her apartment. The last thing she wants is to lose her heart to a small-town sexy cowboy who is known to love 'em and leave 'em.

Rumored bad boy Luke Winchester needs to shed the reputation he hasn't earned if he wants more than a stolen kiss from Lily. Unfortunately, the scorned woman who stands in his way happens to be Lily's best frien
Published May 8th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Relentless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Relentless

Cheesecake
Lily the new girl and Luke.
Not really a 4star but it just hit the spot. Romantic, good communication between MCs, nice setting, strong h, sweet-natured H.
Lily and her bff Hannah get laid off at the same time. On top of that Lily had lost her cheating fiancee to her slutty sister. So she is a bit gun shy when she meets Luke, and it doesn't help that Hannah says he is a womanizing man-ho... but is he really? Nothing is as black and white as I was expecting.
The plot is simple but not as predictable
The BookChick
May 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lendable, 4-star-read
This was such as sweet story. I liked Lily and Luke a lot but hated Hannah the harpy. She was such a vile a vindictive person (and for NO reason). My only complaint with the book was that I wished that there was a resolution to Hannah and her lies so that Luke could have been publicly vindicated.
Ingela
A simple, sweet and bland Novella - just 2 tiny stars.

Twenty-five-year-old Lily moves along with her friend Hannah to her friend's tiny hometown. They live temporarily in a small house on Hannah's parents' farm. The very first day is Lily running on the local hottie cowboy, Luke. The guy who broke her friend's heart when they were teenagers. Luke flirts immediately with Lily and Lily can't help but get really interested. Lily hear some bad things about Luke from her friend, but what is true? Wha
Talltree
Jan 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Raven
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am not sure what I was expecting when I downloaded this book, but it wasn't what I got- it was so much better! This was my first time reading anything by Cindy Stark, but it will certainly *not* be the last. I purchased this for free last night on a whim when I couldn't sleep. Based on the cover and the short description, I anticipated a nice "fluff" read with a good bit of sexy thrown in. This is a classic case of "do not judge a book by its cover". I was surprised and pleased to see an actua ...more
Katinki
Jun 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is a terrible book.

Boring. Cliched characters who lack any notion of depth (except for the over the top "friend" who was just ridiculous). Cliched plot (or maybe it's just a lack thereof altogether. Meh writing (at least it's 3rd person). Silly ending.

Okay and minor rant.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, USE A FUCKING CONDOM.

See, in this book, the female protagonist (if we dare to call her that) decides that no, it's a-okay to have unprotected sex with a guy she doesn't really know that well AND who
Katrina
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
A Great sweet short romance, and who doesn’t love a cowboyyyyyy!!!

Considering the length of this story I found that Cindy has added all the goodies in. Relentless has lies, romance, betrayal, deceit and of course a small town with gossip and smexy moments to of course.

The characters were likeable and the storyline intriguing. Recommended for an afternoon read or someone wanting to fluff that inner romantic.

PST don’t cha just love the cover *** purr **...

I’d love to have seen more and it to h
Brooke
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun, quick little read... if you like sexy cowboys and sassy girls who fall for them... this book is for you...

After losing their jobs, Hannah and Lily decide to go to Hannah's home town of Aspen, Utah. An itty bitty place where everyone knows everything about each other. When Lily meets Luke, she feels an instant spark, and wants to find out more. The only thing standing in her way is her friendship with Hannah. Luke is Hannah's ex.. and Lily has been warned that he. is. trouble and she shou
Shirley
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
This one was okay for a quick read. I liked the connection between Lily and Luke. There were definite sparks there. I liked the small town feel and the way the characters interacted. The only thing that I really didn’t like was Lily’s friend Hannah.

My dislike of the scorned best friend had nothing to do with her being the ‘bad guy’ in this story. The problem was that readers weren’t given a really clear reason as to why she was the ‘bad guy’ and what caused her to act the way she did. She seemed
SheLove2Read
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Short, western contemporary. No major drama...would be a good rainy day read.
Lindsay
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet quick read. Not much on the steam side but still an enjoyable read!
Quinn Fforde
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great small town story
Dalene
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Original review at A Date with a Book

After reading the holiday story of this series, Cowboys and Angels and loving it, I found that I had the first book on this series on my Kindle TBR pile and quickly read it. And just like the holiday story, this book was a quick read as well. Even though this is a novella, it definitely has enough substance to make a complete story, but definitely wanting more of the author’s work.

This author sure knows how to write a romance story. I loved Lily and Luke. Ha
Nicky
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Char (1RadReader59)
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lies are the hardest things to out run & this is one story filled with them. Yet, none are true & they have taken on a life of their own. Hannah is the one that started the rumors about Luke out of anger over 6 years ago but she cannot let it go she truly believes them now to the point where when her & her friend Lily have to move home to her family's farm, which she has to after they lose their jobs. She is not happy about moving home, she gets caught up in the meanness of those lie ...more
Aug 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 Luke and lily.
This is technically the second book in series which is about Luke Winchester.
Lily loses her job and with her BFF decides to more to her BFF hometown of Aspen.
What lily doesn't know is hannah is vindicated and lier.
Before Luke left for college he dumped hannah because it wasn't serious. Hannah started lies saying Luke raped her and by the time he came back it was impossible to get people to believe him.
Lily is a good huge of character and she feels straight away somethin
Sally
May 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Relentless is based in small town Aspen and tells the tale of Lily Chandler and Luke Winchester as they try to overcome the small town gossip and rumours spread by Lily's best friend Hannah.

Cindy Stark's writing style makes Relentless an enjoyable quick read. This is a great romantic story that has very likeable characters and from the first chapter it is easy for the reader, like Lily, to be charmed by Luke Winchester and the rest of Aspen town folk. As the electric sparks fly between Lily and
Tonileg
May 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, western, kindle
Lily Chandler ends up in a tiny town in middle of nowhere America. She has always been a city girl, but with no job and little money she follows her roommate and best friend Hannah to her tiny hometown. Lily needs time to figure out where she is going and a new job. As soon as they enter the city she meets Luke Winchester, a hot rancher with a lot of history with the town and her bestfriend.
Lily is in a bad position because she is staying with Hannah's family and she was friends first so she has
Christy
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a really enjoyable novella. Considering the length, I thought the two main characters were well developed; the antagonist less so. The ending was too abrupt for my tastes. Personally, I'd rather see a story end with the characters hopeful about the future and the potential for true love without it being declared after only a few days. That said, I really enjoyed the story, the connection between Luke and Lily, and the love scene. The barroom cat fight was a nice addition too. I'm not su ...more
Kerrigan Byrne
Jul 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Out of all Cindy Stark's stories, this one has to be my favorite. (and that's saying something!) Ms. Stark has a way of weaving a fantasy that you want to superimpose yourself into so that you can live the experience. Her imagery and setting is poetic and evocative and her characters are unforgettable. I fell in love with her misunderstood Hero right away and then, like Lilly's, my feelings just got deeper from there. This may be a Novella, but it reads like a full length novel leaving you utter ...more
Milena's Book Corner
Sep 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
A nice surprise! Loved Lily and Luke but hated Hannah and all her lies due rejection/insecurities. Best way to describe Hannah would be "vindictive bitch". I was a little disappointed that Luke was never publicly vindicated and that there was no mention of a resolution to Hannah and her lies. Nonetheless, this was a sweet story, well worth the read. Here you have the case of don't judge a book by it's cover, even though the cover does it for me too! ;)
Kelly
Definitely a quick read, I liked the slice of small town life but I was a little taken aback by where Hannah's animosity with the town and her family came from. Lily was the typical big city girl in a small town. Luke had some surprising depth. Fun, but I think I would have got a little more out of it if Hannah's oddness had been explained more.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
Siobhan Muir
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I've read Ms. Stark's work, but I really enjoyed the start of her Aspen series. I liked the premise of a "big city" girl coming to a small town on the grudging graciousness of her friend, who then turns on her because of a sexy man the friend never got to have. I liked Luke and Lily, and the situation between Lily and Hannah played out realistically. Great spicy read with plenty of sexual tension and adventure.
Julie
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good short read. Luke was a strong lead character although I wish the story was a little longer so it would have delve into more of his character. Lily was perfect in this story as city girl whose got a country girls heart. I enjoyed this story my only issue was I wanted the story to be longer with more details on the characters.
Rosie Cousar
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Cowboys ❤

I love Cowboys I am a southern girl through and through I didn't give this 5 stars because there where a few things I think should have been address like that crazy lying Hannah but other than that it was pretty good I am reading the next book in the series so I like the authors writing style !
Clancy Metzger
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read one of Cindy Stark's books, I think I love this hero best. No exception here. Luke melts... everything. I think he's hotter than the cover pic personally. Lily I liked a lot but with Hannah being a complete crazy, Lily's loyalty seemed uber misplaced. Loved it when the girls have their come-to-jesus meeting in the bar though.
 Mummy Cat Claire
I got this free from Amazon.

It has been awhile since I read this book.

I remember it being exciting and interesting. The characters are not standing out to me at this point. Might be worth a re-read. I remember liking it and since more books have come my way from Stark, I find that her books are pretty good.
Jenna Anderson
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
An easy read without much plot - but in a good way. The main focus is Lily and Luke's growing desire for each other. Nice.

I will read the next in the series.

See my full review on Romance Novel News - http://www.romancenovelnews.com/jooml...
Cathy
Nov 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Romance Cowboy Style

Another winner for Cindy Stark. She does cowboy romance like no other. This story pulls you in and won't let go until the very end. It has you from the first to very last word and leaves you wanting more. Hence the reason I am glad the Aspen Book series continues. Looking forward to reading book 2.
Kami
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a good little gem I happened to stumble upon. A sweet little romance story with my favorite a tattooed cowboy. Cant get any better than that folks. Lust, rumors, lies, humor, romance, and even a nice bar room brawl. Cute little short story, I only wish it had been longer.
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • Dream Kisses (Romance on the Ranch, #1)
  • Roped
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Hot on Her Trail (Hell Yeah!, #2)
  • A Man Called Blue
  • Silver River Romeo (Rancher Romance, #1)
  • Cowboys Make Better Lovers
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
  • Blame it on Texas (Lone Star Cowboys #1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas
  • Liar's Fire
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana, #2)
  • All's Fair (A McKnight Romance, #1.5)
  • Hanchart Land
Cindy Stark lives with her family and a sweet Border Collie in a small town shadowed by the Rocky Mountains. She writes romantic suspense and contemporary romances, and she loves to hear from readers.

Connect with her online at:

If you enjoyed reading her books, she would appreciate it if you would help others en
More about Cindy Stark...

Aspen (9 books)
  • Lawless (Aspen, #2)
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • Come Back to Me (Aspen, #4)
  • Surrender (Aspen, #5)
  • Reckless (Aspen, #6)
  • Tempted (Aspen, #7)
  • Crazy One More Time (Aspen, #8)
  • I'm With You (Aspen Series Book 9)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Governess of Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me