Start by marking “Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose, #1)” as Want to Read:
Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose, #1)

Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose #1)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  888 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Enter a world of blood-starved mastyr vampires and the rare women who can satisfy their deepest needs…

How can he resist his blood rose…
Gerrod, mastyr vampire of the Merhaine Realm, never thought to have his blood-needs satisfied by a mere human. But Abigail is no ordinary woman. She stuns him with her telepathy as well as the richness of her blood. However, her human DNA
189 pages
Published July 1st 2012 by Spencerhill Associates, Ltd. (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Embrace the Dark, please sign up.

Asteropê Haven't read the books yet, but I read the summary for book 2, seems Ethan will be the focus of that book.
See: …more

I am not sure what I think about this book. At times I liked it and then at others I didn’t. It just feels like something is missing, I know this is supposed to be a Novella, and I will admit that it is a long one, but I felt there was too much information given in such a short page allowance, it felt rushed! I didn’t really feel any romance between the H/h, I know that it is PNR which usually means that as soon as the H/h see each other sparks fly and sex between them is quick which would have ...more
Oct 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: trolls
Embrace the Dark starts off at a supernatural wedding. Abigail, human, just opened a bakery in the Merhaine Realm is attending this wedding as well as 100+ of other super natural beings. One of these beings is the Master Vampire Gerrod, he rules over this section of the Merhaine. Gerrod can seem to get this little human out of his head, its boarding on obsession. Abigail is extremely attracted to Gerrod but he pushes her away verbally every time she is near.

The wedding party is attacked by a lar
Syahira Sharif
May 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
go to my blog to see my exact reaction in simpler words...

Embrace The Dark is a sensual vampire romance novella about a human, Abigail, who wanted to open a bakery in a supernatural realm where everyone loves her cupcakes. Its also a story of a mastyr vampire, Gerrod, who control the entire vampiric population and have castle and have to fight some red wraith stuff and fall in lust with the human whom he absolutely shouldn’t be in lust with because of the whole vampire community disapprove of ha
Clare O'Beara
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
The solution to haemachromatosis is apparently to let a vampire drink your blood. But the risk then is that you will become a vampire too. In this account of a parallel realm we find that a brave and perhaps foolhardy young woman has set up a bakery in a vampire and faerie realm, putting herself in the way of a master vampire who has mournfully been starving himself for ages. They meet at a wedding, which includes drunken trolls, and there's a threat from outside horrors.

The reason I am not giv
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mastyr vampire, Gerrod was drawn to human Abigail. It went against everything he believed in, but the more time he spends with her the stronger the pull. There is something unusual about Abigail once she arrives in the Merhaine Realm and once the truth is uncovered, Abigail will be left with a choice that will change her path in life forever.

Provocative, I was completely entranced by this hypnotic story. I loved that there is this whole kingdom of creatures and they are a bit unexpected from wha
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Abigail and Gerrod have been drawn to each other for over a year, but he is a Mastyr Vampire and she is a human. He is responsible for millions of lives with no one to take care of him so she decides to do it herself. There are things that she can do that other humans can't so they find out that she is a blood rose meaning she can feed and sustain a vampire like Gerrod. Lots of information passes, a mating happens, and life changing decisions are made. Good read!!
Jun 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult, ebook-arc
For this review and more visit my blog

*I was provided with a free copy of this book in exchange for a review*

For the first time in a really long time I don’t really know what to say. This book has rendered me speechless and unfortunately I don’t mean that in a good way. I just didn’t like this book at all and even though it is short I couldn’t bring myself to finish it once I got to the half way stage.

I found this book difficult to understand from the outset. I felt that little effort had been
Katie Michaels
Jun 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Gerrod is a centuries-old mastyr vampire who puts the welfare of his people before his own. His responsibilities weigh heavy on him, but being a leader is who and what he is. In the past year, he has found himself drawn to Abigail, a human woman who is opening a bakery in the parallel realm in which he lives. He knows that attraction can lead nowhere, so he has never acknowledged his feelings. Until now.

At the wedding of mutual friends, Gerrod and Abigail touch for the first time, setting off a
Iris (Paranormal Cravings Book Reviews)
Gerrod, mastyr vampire of the Merhaine Realm falls in love with Abigail a human. She stuns him with her telepathy as well as the richness of her blood. However, her human DNA makes her an unacceptable mate. Then she has to choose if she stays with him as his blood rose or does she want to go back to her old live.

It's a really difficult story because it has elements of a other time with the castles and the dresses and warrior leathers but meanwhile there ar also cars and phone's etc. That was rea
Gerrod, mastyr vampire of the Merhaine Realm, is starved for more blood to maintain his strength and power. Abigail is a human who is opening a bakery in the Merhaine Realm, because even supernaturals love sweets! Too bad the citizens of the realm do NOT all like humans so much.

Abigail has a rare blood disorder, that started after she traveled to the Merhaine Realm, her body makes too much blood and she must donate to the blood banks regularly in her hometown of Flagstaff, Arizona. Both Gerrod a
Emiko Rei
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Cover reaction:
Hell yeah!

When i saw the blurb of this book, i found the theme very interesting, Vampire Kingdom meets Rapunzel sort of style. which is why i chose this book. It's quite quirky. And the hot body of the cover guy doesn't hurt.

However, the interest of being quirky and original sometimes ended to disaster. As i don't like the characters, and how it's all warrior and princess dresses yet you have advance technology as well. OTT, it's like the film of modernized Hamlet. Less is sometime
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Dec 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gerrod is a Mastyr vampire of the Realm of Merhaine, a parallel universe to Earth's. This realm has an access point near Flagstaff, AZ. Abigail is human. When her parents died, she was the primary caregiver for her sister. She opened a bakery for her sister (who loved to bake) in AZ and was in the process of opening a second location in Merhaine when this story opens.
For the last year, they've been both curious and attracted to each other. Unbeknownst to her, she has a special ability that is bo
Gail Newbold
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not sure I would be able to give up my humanity for love...unless it came with some kick-ass powers like super strength and speed and ridiculous fighting skills. Just saying.
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
What a great read. It started out great from page one and didn't stop. I loved the chemistry between Gerrod and Abagail. The story was interesting and fun.
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fae, trolls
I received this from the author for an honest review.

Ok, so I should've read this one first instead of the 3 short Blood Rose Tales but no matter it was just as good!
Maria Itliong
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read-books
I read this book from an e-book and I really love her stories. I have enjoyed reading her other books because it is amazing. Though I have to re read this book again.
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up to read and just kept reading until I finished the book. It was amazing. The heroine was likable, the hero intriguing. Caris got all the necessary explanations about how the world & realms work, without being obvious about it. It flowed really naturally. The supporting characters were individuals, not just a backdrop for the main characters. It is just a really well-written book. Sucks you in and makes you want to keep reading the series.
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, drama, action, good characters. Good way to get away from the stress.

Worth buying the book bundle of the series. Abigail is the heroine. Gerrod is the Hero. They have to struggle and fight to get to hea (happily ever after). The effort looks to be well worth the result in the end. Very entertaining and several surprises.
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book didn't really work for me. There was little that I liked about it, but considering it was a novella that was quick, I decided to finish it. It definitely wasn't so bad that I couldn't finish. To sum up my feelings in one word: Meh. I have no interest in reading more in the series though.
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She is awesome

I've noticed that every time I read one of Caris' books, I always sigh at the end. She has such a beautiful way of spinning a story. I like that she acknowledges the differences between vampire lore. I wish I had the funds I'd have all her novels on my kindle.
I like this one. The story line is interesting, and the blood rose is neat. Apparently there is another part of this world in another series. I will have to look around. I wouldn't mind reading more.
Amanda (WarpedSweetness)

This was enjoyable. I liked reading it even though it happened a little quick, it was still an enjoyable read.
Glenda Bettin
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Delightful book
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love the story line for this series. A bit too much descriptive sex for my taste but still a good story.
Jul 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-reads
it's horrible but the disastrous of it makes me laugh so yeah i give it 2 stars
Nova Scotian
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Embrace The Dark- Caris Roane

I so loved these two characters Abigail & Gerrod...I so can't wait to read more...thank you to the Author Caris Roane for doing what you do for us Readers :) I will be back !
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this book as part of the Dark and Dangerous, Six-in-One Hot Paranormal Romances Boxed Set. This is the first in the Blood Rose series.

I have to say that giving this book a 4 star rating surprises even myself since paranormal isn't usually my thing. I mean, I can deal with vampires and werewolves so long as it doesn't get TOO weird, but this story stretched pretty far into the realm of "weird," yet I'm still so intrigued that I have to put the rest of the series on my Want to Read list beca
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"Embrace the Dark" By Caris Roane is an Astounding Piece of work. Caris has written a vibrant and spectacular story-line with a great plot. Caris had me pulled into the story from the start and she carried me all the way to the end. Her characters were vibrant and quite unique. I really loved this story and can't wait for the next one.
Mastyr Vampire Gerrod rules over the Realm of the Merhaine. As with all of the Mastyr Vampires they are in a continual blood starvation. With all of the energy it
Marta Cox
Oct 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I adore the imagination of this author and although I have only quite recently discovered her work her vampire novels are amongst my favourites, so you can well imagine how happy I was when I realised there is a whole new series of novellas that had passed me by! This is the first in the Blood Rose series and sets the scene for the books that follow.
Imagine if you can that there are realms or dimensions that coexist alongside the one we all live in. Now in these mystical realms live all sorts of
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)

2.5 Stars ~ Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose #1) by Caris Roane

Embrace the Dark is book one in Caris Roane The Blood Rose series. Earth has opened up to many Realms and Abigail has come to Merhaine to open a bakery. With her stepping foot into another Realm and meeting a mastyr vampire has caused her body to change. Gerrod is leader of Merhaine and has been obsessing over Abigial, but keeping his di
  • Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (A Daemon Hunter, #2)
  • Odyssey (The Vampire Destiny Series Companion, #1)
  • The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • A Demon in Waiting (Sons of Gulielmus #1)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Ascension (The Watcher Chronicles, #4)
  • Her Wicked Angel (Her Angel, #6)
  • The Last Keeper's Daughter (The Last Keeper's Daughter, #1)
  • The Deepest Well (Dominion)
  • Reluctant Prince (Kingdom of Cymmera #1)
  • Drawn to the Vampire (Blood and Absinthe, #4)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • Logan's Acadian Wolves (Immortals of New Orleans, #4)
  • Blood Knot (Blood Stone, #1)
  • The Art of D/s Trilogy (The Art of D/s, #1-3)
I confess I've had a love affaire with vampires for several years now, especially warrior vampires, the kind found in the books of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Lara Adrian and JR Ward. Though I've been published in Regency Romance under the pseudonym Valerie King--and yes one of my Regency Novellas features a vampire--one day I woke up knowing I had to create my own contemporary world of the warrior vampire. ...more
More about Caris Roane...

The Blood Rose (9 books)
  • Embrace the Magic (The Blood Rose #2)
  • Embrace the Mystery (The Blood Rose, #3)
  • Embrace the Passion (The Blood Rose #4)
  • Embrace The Night (The Blood Rose, #5)
  • Embrace the Wild (The Blood Rose #6)
  • Embrace the Wind (The Blood Rose #7)
  • Embrace the Hunt (The Blood Rose, #8)
  • Embrace the Power (The Blood Rose, #9)