Start by marking “Obsession” as Want to Read:
Obsession

Obsession

(Arum #1)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  22,534 ratings  ·  2,336 reviews
This is a stand alone novel that is an adult spin-off of the Lux Series You do not need to read a Lux book to read Obsession and vice versa.

He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoy
Published May 31st 2013 by Entangled: Embrace

To ask other readers questions about Obsession, please sign up.
Daiga Chapter 17: Hunter's POV saying he has been living in the house for 6 years since he was 25, so not taking into account numbers being rounded up or…moreChapter 17: Hunter's POV saying he has been living in the house for 6 years since he was 25, so not taking into account numbers being rounded up or down, he could be 31 :D(less)
Selenadoomsdaycb Yeah, he was. This is awesome though, to see their story unravel

·  22,534 ratings  ·  2,336 reviews

xrysa
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It’s official! I hate all the book heroines!!
Why???
Because all of them have the luck either to live next to the hottest male ever or meet one of them.

SO BLOODY UNFAIR!

This book introduces us the world of the Arums. They are different from the Luxens and they fight in order to protect the humans and their kind. Yet , like in every species , some arums kill just for fun.

Hunter
"That's All" Ash
 photo tumblr_mnc0ylEy3w1qfhnhuo1_500-17.jpg

Let’s say I’m at Barnes and Noble. There’s only one copy of this book left.

And a lady, who looks old enough to have known Moses personally, is holding it and is wheelchairing it over the check-out line in a way that would make NASCAR proud.

photo IshJustGotReal2.gif

Now, I’m not saying that I would drop kick the ol’ gal or anything… I’d probably just deposit her over the nearest and steepest ramp in the tri-state area.

I’m kidding!

Kind of.

I’d probably just bribe her with one of those “Get Out of Nursing Home for Free”
Dd
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it

***ATTENTION ALL DAEMON LOVERS***

So, is it a shadow? Total darkness? Or a black hole?

Or is it an Arum.

Well, it’s....

“Tell me to shut up one more time and I’m going to rip out your tongue and make you eat it. Got that?”

....Hunter!

---------------------------------------------------------

'In the dim, almost but-not-quite seedy bar lights, I stared openmouthed at my best friend in what had to be the most unattractive manner.'

Well to be truthful what else could Serena do? Afterall her best friend Mel
Christy
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!
 photo 992fa1a2-13e5-482d-8135-05a40ec92d49_zpseb7f01e4.jpg

I feel like a traitor. And it’s all because of this guy...

photo 9a477cd2-3985-40e3-b2f8-33f630989b18_zps8b22d5ec.jpg
‘And here’s another impolite thing for you. I don’t give a fuck.’

I sooooo love Daemon from the Lux series, its not even funny. SO how is it possible that I love Hunter, this Arum (the Lux’s enemy) EVEN MORE? I dunno... but I do! Hunter has an attitude and I loved it! He is also all kinds of sexy and hilarious!

Now to the story- Serena is just a normal 23 year old girl. She has a wacky best friend, Mel, who she meet
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Buddy reading with Mona :D

This book was amazing!!!
I don't know anymore who are the bad guys Luxen or Arum..

In my mind from the Lux series I thought Arum are the bad guys in the story!I never thought I'll like them and fall in love with one of them!
Hunter is the baddest and hottest bad boy.!!
He is not your typical hero...he's an ARUM one of the 'bad guys' and he has a big ego and also he is such an arrogant!!
But as you read the book, you can't help but fell in love with him..There is so much more
Monisha
4-SWEET ALIEN BABIES EVERYWHERE-Stars

Move over Daemon, there's a new alien in town!!!
Hello Hunter!

description

Hunter is definitely the baddest hot male character JLA has ever written. EVER.
description

"But damn, he was insanely hot for an... alien."

1. Hotness incarnated!!!

2. Has an ego the size of the planet .

"Not to burst your preconceived notions of me, but do I look like I care?"
Yes, Hunter, we know. But I had to say my
Boyanna
On Jennifer L. Armentrout's blog:
What can I tell you about Obsession?
An Arum. Yes. You read that right.
Obsession does take place in the same world that Katy and Daemon inhabit,
Obsession is more mature, definitely targeted toward the older crowd. It's an adult romance, so you know what that means.
Obsession will change what you think you know about the Luxens and Arums.
There will be some crossover with certain characters from the Lux Series.
Obsession takes place in-between Opal and the 4th Lu
Stacia (the 2010 club)
I am so sorry. I am SO sorry. I am sooooo sorry.

It's not often when I write a review and worry about having a difference of opinion from my friends - because if I had to worry, I'd have to do it for every single book review with the varied group of friends I have. Thankfully, I have awesome friends who don't mind me most of the time. However...this time, I might be a little bit worried. Just a little. Because my opinion is probably going to be extremely unpopular.

I honestly think Armentrout doe
Sophia Triad
“This is not your problem.”
“You are my problem.”

I loved the first part of the book when Serena meets Hunter and we learn many things about Arum together with her. It was interesting to realise that you need always to look at situations from a different prospective and judge only after you see what every different character thinks .

The good guys really weren't typical. They really weren't the good guys at all, but if I discovered anything, there was no such thing as white and black. There was
Jennifer Kyle

Good vs. Evil

Light vs. Darkness

Luxen vs. Arum

Well, I thought I had it all figured out…Boy was I wrong!

Jennifer L. Armentrout is a genius! She took what fans of the Lux Series know to be the truth from the view point of Daemon Black and his siblings and blew it to smithereens!

When you said the word Arum to me before reading this book, I would immediately associate it with images and words like evil, darkness, self-serving and of course THE ENEMY.

”We’ve always been seen as a weapon. That’s what
Ferdy
Some Spoilers

Predictable, cheesy and rather offensive. The story, the characters and the romance were pretty much exactly the same as all other PNR books except with aliens. I have to admit that I did find it somewhat entertaining up until the 'hero' got all rapey.

-The main reason it got one star instead of zero was because the heroine wasn't a virgin. I had been worried that JLA (like most female YA/UF/PNR authors) had some sort of weird thing for young virgin heroines and manslut heroes… But
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Delicious Aliens, Team Arums and Keep Calm & Love Hunter Stars

“What…what are you?” My gaze dropped to the other thing. “What is that?” There was a pause, and then he nodded at the prone form on the floor. “That’s an alien. I’m an alien. We’re aliens. Aliens everywhere, actually, which is why we have to leave. I’m sure someone has called the police by now.” I stared at him. “Aliens?” Hunter nodded. “Aliens.”

description

Serena Cross' quiet existence is shattered when her best friend is killed in front o
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this book officially proved that the Arum can be just as gorgeous, awesome, and selfless as the Luxen. I'm still in a state of shock after this book, wow.
Even though I thought this book was really short, it still went into details about the Luxen and Arum that I didn't even read about in the Lux series, which I found super cool!

After this book Daemon and Dawson are not the only two aliens I have major crushes on, now Hunter is definitely added to that list<3

Awesome stand-alone Arum sto
Kristalia

Final rating: 4/5 stars

“Thats an alien. Im an alien. Were aliens. Aliens everywhere, acutally, which is why we have to leave. Im sure someone called the police by now.”

If i remember correctly, my brain and heart and body belonged to Luxen race... But not anymore! I am officially switching sides!

Overall, I freaking loved it :D Despite it's faults, i still loved it. I had so much fun reading it and i was so captivated by it that i couldn't wait to see how the story ends!

*spoil
Mada
Oct 05, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list
UPDATE:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Have you seen this gorgeous cover?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

God. Now I'm obsessed. I'm so stalking this hot Arum.

OMG. I'm so excited.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

May 2013. Nooooo. I can't wait that long.

Need this sooner. Pleeease. Pleeease. Pleeease
Vishous
i have only one word to say and that is

BLOODY-F*CKING-AMAZING!!!!

I would also like to say that if you are reading LUX series I would advise you not to read it if you haven't read OPAL.

I know it says it can be read as a stand alone and it can, but if you are deep in LUX and decided not to read OPAL because of the cliff... well do not read it because you are not idiots and you will put 2&2 together about one small situation that reveals something (view spoiler)

ma
Booknut
'No one could move that fast. No one human.
He's not human.'

'If I hadn't shown up when I had, the Luxen would've easily killed her.
Humans were so fragile.'

'It felt right. Like not taking the shit back kind of right. Weird. I knew I needed to stay away from her, but I didn't want to.
I also knew I wouldn't.'

One Arum.
One Human.

A deadly secret...and a deadly attraction.

The world is on the verge of destruction, alien and human forces colliding like never before. And Hunter and Serena are caught in th
Catarina
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Initially I didn’t want to read this book because, let’s be real: The main male is an Arum. After being completely in love with the Lux Series, it felt like I was betraying Daemon Black.
Well, now I’m glad I got over it, as this is a really good book.

description

So, this book takes place in the world of the Lux Series, where aliens are very real… and very sexy.
Serena sees her best friend getting killed, because she saw too much: she saw Luxens in their true form and talking about something that no one sho
It's just me Shelly B
May 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
So going into this book I wasn't quite sure how I would feel because I wasn't crazy about the Arum's from the Luxen series to begin with but I thought, "why not give it a try."

My reaction was.....

I'm in love with an Arum......WTF.....I seriously like them just as much as the Luxen now. How did this occur I'll tell you how.

One word and one word only made this happen.......that word is Hunter!!

“Holy hotness…
Jeans hung low on narrow hips. Hunter’s stomach was perfection—each taut muscle tight and
Karen
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! 5 EXTRATERRESTRIAL STARS!!!!!!

Another alien masterpiece by Jennifer Armentrout!!!! Now before you start this book, it would be very helpful if you read her Luxen series first. This book is a take off on that series, showing us readers the other side of the coin, from the eyes of the enemy. And what a delicious glimpse it is into the mind and the life of the Arum.

[image error]  photo slender_man_into_darkness_by_bear_shaped_ham-d3crv4l.jpg

The book starts out with a bang and a murder. Serena Cross’ best friend Mel, a wild and crazy fun-lovi
☆ Sammy ☆彡
★★★★★5 Hunter-Gave-Me-A-Serious-Lady-Boner Stars★★★★★

Before I started reading Obsession, I didn't think there was any way I was going to end up liking an Arum. The Lux books teach us that the Arums are basically the exact opposite of the Luxen. Arums are dark, evil, and devoid of emotion where the Luxen are light, good, and more than capable of caring for each other and the human population. This book takes all of your preconceived notions and throws them out the window!

Serena Cross's life explo
Mona
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mona by: Pavlina Michou
Shelves: favorites
Buddy Read with my darling Pavlina!!

*****5 WELL DESERVED STARS*****

(Please excuse the language added in my review and I tried to make as spoiler free as I can :))

Its hard when you read a book that's so AWESOME, MIND BLOWING, FANTASTIC, OUT OF THIS WORLD (literally) and then try to explain how good it is in a review.

This book has pretty much left me speechless and not knowing where to start. Its was so FUCKING good, in every way. The characters are to die for, the plot really draws you in f
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
★ 1 very slow star ★

*Yawn*..The story-line was so predictable,I saw the ending coming light-years away.Its great that Hunter found his Serena and Serena found her Hunter..But could some-one please help ME find the story-line in all this ? Cause all I read was both of them going at it like bunnies.

By the time we reached the book's climax and the heroine decides to (view spoiler)
Jana (My Messy Chapters)
I know my review would never do this book justice but hey at least I tried, right? In case you're wondering, yes, the Queen of Everything Jennifer L. Armentrout has done it again. OBSESSION was everything I hoped for and more. I was dying for this book ever since she gave us some teasers last May and NOW I actually can't believe I've finally read it!

Hunter is definitely the baddest hot male character Jen has ever written. EVER. He's also my favourite which says a LOT. Sorry Daemon and Cam but H
Jemima
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Holy Arum Hotness!!! 😲😲😍😍

How can something 'bad' be so good 😍

Talk about having a hard time reading this book 🙈
I absolutely adore the Lux series. I've read the Lux series countless times and I knew I was going to be a Luxen fan forever UNTIL I read this damn book.

I felt so guilty reading this book and actually enjoying it so much. Hahahaha

Hunter is to die for 🤤 he's arrogant, hot and he knows it hehehe 🤭

Obsession was absolutely sexy. This human, just like Serena, the human in the book series, is
Jamie
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one.. and it was great getting to see a different side to the Arum than we get to see in the Lux novels..there are obviously good and bad Arum along with good and bad Luxen. I almost felt a disconnect throughout this book with Hunters hate for the Luxen considering how LOVE Daemon ( Lux series) but I still like him.. He was hot and alpha protective over Serena. Took him a while to come around and I enjoyed their back and forth bantering. I wouldnt say I enjoyed this one as ...more
littlebookbosomed bookreview
WHAT?! March 2013?!

*Inhales*Exhales

Okay~ Its only few months left! "Just be patient, Nadd"

The COVER HASN'T OUT YET!!

description

I wonder how the looks likes. The models MUST BE HOT!

2nd May 2013

WHAT?? MAY??

How
H-H-ow....could you?

May 11 2013

Is that the real cover? HOLY HOT!

Lyn
Audio – 3 stars
Story – 3.5 stars

I enjoyed the first half of the book more than I did the second half. I really liked Hunter and Serena and their interactions had me chuckling often. Serena was feisty and kickass. Something I always appreciate in a heroine. I can’t stand a damsel in distress. After their initial meeting and having to go in hiding together, it seemed like not much else was happening until they had to go on the run again. I also had a problem with the time frame. That’s becoming m
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
I love the Lux series but as for Obsession, I read 5 chapters and couldn't force myself to continue :( Obsession was so boring and it just wasn't for me.

★★Sara Lizzy★★
BR with Jo and Sammy 7/16/13-7/20/13
(This was a re-read for me)

~~~~My Original review from 6/7/13~~~~
5 STARS

Let me start by saying that if you haven't read Opal from the Lux series, I'd suggest NOT reading this book until you do. At about 83% into the book, even though names are not mentioned- Daemon makes an appearance and the cliffhanger in Opal is referenced.

I absolutely LOVED Hunter in this book, but you will NEVER hear me say anything remotely positive about any Arum when I'm reading a book

• Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas: A Split Short Story
  • The Fall
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo
“Never in my life had I been more frustrated. Go figure it wouldn't be with a human but a freaking alien. At least I now knew that the male species were asses no matter what planet they hailed from.” 134 likes
“You're not going to answer me?" Or do I need to repeat myself for a third time? It's okay. I like to hear myself talk.” 90 likes