Start by marking “Moon Time” as Want to Read:
Moon Time

Read Book

Moon Time

Moon time: A guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle is a book of empowerment to help you to find healing and learn to celebrate yourself as a woman....
Published 2012 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Moon Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Time

Molly
May 19, 2012 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012-books
Delightful resource for the empowered woman! I read this one twice this year.
Susanna
Aug 22, 2014 Susanna rated it it was amazing
Lucy writes with such warmth and tenderness, I felt welcomed as a reader from the first page. This book gave me a picture to put together all the puzzle pieces, why do I get so irritated? Why do I have lots of energy one day, but feel exhausted the next? It invites us to look at our monthly cycle and understand the way our body follows natural rhythms.

I had one of those ah-ha! moments, where it felt as if understanding had finally slotted into place. I am emotional, sometimes I go through phase
Cathy Carpenter
Feb 23, 2014 Cathy Carpenter rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-read
This was very interesting and thought-provoking. I'm curious about my various bio-rhythms and energy cycles, and this definitely gives me some new perspectives as I get to know myself better.
Jaclyn H
Feb 10, 2014 Jaclyn H rated it really liked it
Had some good information I'm going to try to implement into my life,and also use as my daughters come of age :)
Molly
May 25, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-books
My first reading of the book Moon Time in 2012 had a profound impact on my personal understanding of the natural ebb and flow of my energy in connection to my body's cyclical nature.

Moon Time is written in a friendly, conversational tone and is a quick read with a lot of insight into the texture and tone of our relationships with menstruation.

The book contains information about charting cycles and about our relationship to our bodies and our fertility. I especially enjoyed the excellent section
Jackie Singer
Jun 03, 2015 Jackie Singer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a fan of Lucy’s first edition Moon Time – A guide to celebrating your menstrual cycle – I was curious to see what’s new in this second edition. Firstly the subtitle – Harnessing the ever-changing energy of your menstrual cycle. This change reflects a confidence and sense of purpose in the new edition. Lucy now knows how powerful this work is because of the feedback she’s received from women who were touched by the first book. I particularly enjoyed the new chapter, Living and Working by our C ...more
Maresa
Sep 20, 2015 Maresa rated it liked it
Informative and empowering minus the white magic, Wicca, and Hindu influences throughout the book. I think this book could have been written in a more neutral tone to respect women of all belief systems or those with none. The religious references could have been in the back of the book perhaps.
Melissa Bugeja
Feb 26, 2014 Melissa Bugeja rated it it was amazing
IF you want to know a bit on your cycle scientifically but wish to know more how it effects you on a daily basis this is the book for you.
Tigerlily
Jul 21, 2014 Tigerlily rated it it was amazing
Super good book! I am very glad I bought it. Great advice and makes you feel good about being a woman!
Hạnh Nguyễn
Jun 06, 2017 Hạnh Nguyễn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
25 years old but until this book, I've captured a more tender and overall picture towards my own menstrual cycle. I don't remember exactly how many times I complaint and curse myself like a teenage again due to all the PMT. A period often means a failure that I have to postpone a lot of events along with the desire to smash plates, slam doors and destroy the world. I want to run, to hide, to quit once and for all. This book helps me to realize that all these are signals of my denial of creative ...more
Sienna
Jan 07, 2017 Sienna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great resource for anyone looking to learn more about the menstrual cycle and how to embrace it, rather than ignore it the way that society has been telling us to for decades.
Pearce offers resources for celebrating the phases that women experience throughout their life and using the energy of different parts of the menstrual cycle in a way that is beneficial, as well as allowing oneself to just be while experiencing menstruation.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is intere
Gail
Nov 18, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing

I wrote a long review called Moon Message #19, see above.

This is a powerful reference for all women who are currently between 12 and 52, "silent sisters of the Moon," as Lucy Pearce calls the 2 Billion women in the midst of their luscious years.

I say thank you to Lucy and recommend this to all women, bleeding or not, for the Moon practices that we can put into place around the planet for the daughters and granddaughters we are helping to raise.

Bravo!
Ariestess
Jul 07, 2015 Ariestess rated it it was ok
This has been on my "got it free via Amazon Kindle" list for a while, so I thought it might be an interesting read. Turns it out wasn't as interesting as I'd wanted it to be. It's a fine book for someone who is a little more fluffy bunny Wiccan about their periods than I am. I did get some interesting info about herbal remedies to use, but I doubt I'll use any of the other information in the book.
Natalie
Mar 07, 2015 Natalie rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book on menstruation and just what I was looking for. Informative and life-enhancing. Many great ideas aswell as a friendly and nourishing approach to understanding our body throughout the female cycle - biologically, emotionally and spiritually.
Nikki
Nov 13, 2015 Nikki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is very interesting and I will definitely be talking a lot from this book! Great advice on how women are more than society labels us to be and how we can help each other live up to our true potential!
Tori K
Nov 13, 2016 Tori K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: feminist-journey
Lucy Pearce is who I want to pat me on the head and tell me shit's gonna be ok when I am feeling the blues. Her writing feels like a kind moon mother is explaining things with patience and love. Just wonderful.
Mermaid Harmony
Dec 27, 2016 Mermaid Harmony rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing and a need to read if you are a female. MUST READ! Will change your life.
Hannah
Sep 30, 2016 Hannah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A straightforward, easy to read book about connecting to and honoring your moon time.
Ciara Ryan-Gerhardt
A brilliant book. Timely, poignant for me personally, as this is need-to-know information that is withheld from women. Well-written, easy to follow, and a writer's voice that is clear and cohesive.
Alyson Willcox
Alyson Willcox rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Book Lustre
Book Lustre rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Jennifer Hoffman
Jennifer Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Crystal
Apr 05, 2017 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!
Moirin
Moirin rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2017
Jodi Rogers
Jodi Rogers rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Heaether
Heaether rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Lucy Pearce
May 28, 2015 Lucy Pearce rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Tara Pilaprat
Tara Pilaprat rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
  • Her Blood Is Gold: Celebrating the Power of Menstruation
  • The Witches' God
  • Eat for Heat
  • Weaving the Visions: New Patterns in Feminist Spirituality
  • Llewellyn's Complete Book of Correspondences: A Comprehensive & Cross-Referenced Resource for Pagans & Wiccans
  • Weight Loss for People Who Feel Too Much: A 4-Step, 8-Week Plan to Finally Lose the Weight, Manage Emotional Eating, and Find Your Fabulous Self
  • The Real Witches' Kitchen
  • Ariadne's Thread: A Workbook of Goddess Magic
  • Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief: Guided Practices for Reclaiming Your Body and Your Life
  • Your Daughter's Bedroom: Insights for Raising Confident Women
  • Single State of the Union: Single Women Speak Out on Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness
  • Mysteries of the Dark Moon: The Healing Power of the Dark Goddess
  • Loving Yourself to Great Health: Thoughts & Food--The Ultimate Diet
  • Superfood Kitchen: Cooking with Nature's Most Amazing Foods
7119147
Lucy H. Pearce is the author of many non-fiction books for women and girls.

Burning Woman - an incendiary initiation to feminine power is her most recent and is blazing trails with its powerful words, a #1 Amazon bestseller in Women and History.

The Rainbow Way: Cultivating Creativity in the Midst of Motherhood was a #1 Amazon bestseller in Creativity and motherhood in the US and UK. it has been cr
More about Lucy H. Pearce...

“At her first bleeding a woman meets her power.
During her bleeding years she practices it.
At menopause she becomes it.
Traditional Native American saying”
2 likes
“In order to reclaim our full selves, to integrate each of these aspects through which we pass over the course of our lives, we must first learn to embrace them though our cycles.” 2 likes