Start by marking “Raumschiff Titanic” as Want to Read:
Raumschiff Titanic

Raumschiff Titanic

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  9,493 Ratings  ·  262 Reviews
Als ein gigantisches Raumschiff aus einem fernen Sonnensystem orientierungslos durchs All trudelt, legt es ausgerechnet über der Erde einen Kurzaufenthalt ein. Prompt besteigen ein paar vorwitzige Erdlinge das Schiff, und ehe sie sich's versehen, sind sie mit der Titanic auf Reisen - zusammen mit anderen blinden Passagieren sowie einem geistig verwirrten Papagei, fehlprogr ...more
Published 2001 by Goldmann (first published October 21st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Raumschiff Titanic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raumschiff Titanic

Josh
Oct 22, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
easily the best book I've ever read that was based on a CD-ROM computer game, especially under the sub-category of books written by comedians I like based on CD-ROM games by favorite authors. I dare say it tops both of those lists.
Stefanie
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have to say I was kind of disappointed in this book. I absolutely adore my compendium of the Hitchhiker's saga (is saga the right word?), and was hoping that this would be a nice little addition to the world Douglas Adams created in that. Or else that it would be somehow similar to that episode of Doctor Who with Ten, although that's probably because I've been re-watching the series on Netflix.

The whole idea of the Starship Titanic was a one-off joke in the Hitchhiker's novels, and so while th
Kimberley doruyter
i feel like there is a little robot tap-dancing on my brain.
Ashley
Mar 21, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 0wn4g3
When I learned that this book existed, I was desperate to find a copy. The brainchild of Douglas Adams, as interpreted by Terry Jones of "Monty Python" fame?! Where do I sign my soul away?

I'm very glad I didn't shell out a lot of cash for this book. It showed promise, but read like a chapter book for kids. I would not give this book to any child, though - there's a lot of sexual, R-rated antics, especially as the book gets moving. That's not to say that this is pure rat poison. The book has its
Jim
Oct 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hitchhiker's Guide meets Monty Python. What more could you ask for? The settings and characters are pure Adams but the writing is unquestionably Terry Jones. A fun reads for fans of both styles with a couple laugh out loud passages.
Mohammad
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book I know something I did not know.
Silentium
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Сигурно някои от Вас са чували за тази книга, а други може да са повече запознати с компютърната игра със същото име. Лично аз, като заблудено и необразовано агне, си мислех, че втората е правена по първата, а то се оказа, че всичко било правено… паралелно. Дъглас Адамс (познат на по-голяма част от човечеството със своя “Пътеводител на галактическия стопаджия”) измисля историята, но решава да я пренесе директно на компютърния екран. В същото време издателите му искали да напише и книга със същия ...more
Jordan
Apr 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adams completists
Shelves: science-fiction
I went into this book wanting to enjoy it. Well, more than that—I was expecting to enjoy it. After all, it was written by Terry Jones and based on a game by Douglas Adams.

What wouldn't there be to enjoy?

Spoiler alert: the answer is "A lot."

It wasn't good. It was short, though, which does count for something, but it wasn't short enough. It started off promisingly, but a few chapters in, it felt like the story just diverges from the plot of the game. This being said, I've yet to go through the gam
Sotiris Makrygiannis
A book from Adams that is not from Adams but from Terry. He was honest enough in his prologue to explain why this book was written and how. Also what are Terry 's strength and weaknesses. I couldn't agree more with his own critique about this book. The extra star goes for the honesty.
Tracey
Sep 05, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Douglas Adams completists, for the most part
I found a copy of Douglas Adams's Starship Titanic at a half-price book store last December, and picked it up. I'd played the related computer game when it came out back in 1997 and was curious to see how (what I remembered of) the storyline played out in book format.

The story opens with Leovinus - the genius designer of the Starship Titanic "the ship that cannot possibly go wrong" - taking a last-minute tour of the ship, only to find that some very serious corners were cut in its construction.
Ria
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful sci fi novel with a twist on the Titanic story.
Leovinus a genius of the galaxy has an idea to build the most magnificent starship known to the universe, all controlled by his beloved Titania.
Things go well until his accountant and other business partner cut corners due to financial issues, on the day of the launch the Starship Titanic suffers a SMEF, Spontaneous Massive Existence Failure and it crash lands right in the middle of a rectory on earth.
Enter the four humans, Nigel, Nettie
Scott Erickson
Oh, how I wanted to like this book more. But for me it was simply impossible not to go into it with sky-high expectations, even though I tried not to. I also have very high standards for comedy. (I'm picky, perhaps a comedy snob, and I find most mainstream "humor" to be unfunny.) So I might be more critical than the average reader. A few chuckles and maybe two good laughs was not enough for a book by a comedic dream team. If the rest of the book was up to the standards of the few very funny sect ...more
Sandy Millin
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was very happy to discover this book on my aunt's shelf, as I thought I'd read everything influenced by Douglas Adams. It was written by Terry Jones based on a game developed by Douglas Adams. This was an entertaining read with a few laughs, and great for over Christmas. It sounds like a game I would have enjoyed playing.
Cirrus Minor
Auch wenn ich kein wirklicher Fan von Monty Python bin und mit dem Namen Terry Jones nicht viel anfangen konnte, fühlte ich mich doch ein wenig in die Zeiten des "Anhalters" zurückversetzt. Die Reise von Lucy und Co. mit dem Starship Titanic erinnert gekonnt an Douglas Adams' Werk, wirkt aber leider auch teilweise wie ein lauwarmer Aufguss. Insgesamt war sie nette kurzweilige Unterhaltung.
Marts  (Thinker)
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
A humorously silly planetary adventure...
Vassilena Valchanova
Една от не толкова добрите и забавни хумористични фантастики - слаба фабула и малко скучновати герои. Все пак съм доволна, че привършвам цикъла "Дъглас Адамс" :)
Bülent Özgün
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eğlenceli bir romandı. Terry Jones, Douglas Adams'ın üslubunu yakalamış. Çeviri mükemmeldi Özden Arıkan'ın çeviri tercihlerine bayıldım.
Petros
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
That videogame Douglas and Terry made must have been very limiting in what the characters could do, since they were forced to use very few scenes, while also reusing the same jokes a hundred times each. The funny lines from the malfunctioning robots were hilarious the first ten times, but then it got predictable and thus unfunny. It felt like there were only 3 jokes repeating with slight variations on every page, without the creativity or messages of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. With no int ...more
Victoria
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book Titanic by Terry Jones is a good book to read. The story is about how the Titanic sank on the night of April 15 1912. Terry talks about how the ship was built and what technology and techniques it had. People believed that the ship was unsinkable and would last. Also how the Titanic was the ,out luxurious ship in the world. I recommend this book to people who like world history. That is why I give this book a 4 star rating.
Willow
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audio book, with Terry Jones narrating, and it was brilliant. I'd highly recommend it. His narration of a particular sex scene and the subsequent discovery of that scene by the other characters had me laughing so hard that it left me gasping for air. It was a fun book. I'll add it to my list of books that I reread when I need a pick me up.
Virginia Rand
Some of the jokes were funny, but most had lost their shine by the second showing, and the plot felt quite bland and too much like the computer game it was based off of. Maybe I was expecting too much.
Tim Ganotis
A nice book that tries too hard. Despite the association with Douglas Adams, this is a Terry Jones book, and is less polished, more disjointed, and just not as wryly amusing. Still a good story, but certainly reads like someone trying to imitate an Adams book.
Heather
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Terry Jones, very funny on Monty Python but not the writer that Douglas Adams was.
Fans of Hitch Hikers books may be disappointed.
Beyonder
Overall wittier than I remember it being the first time I read it. was much younger then.
Gülay Cansever
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-kitap
çok keyif aldım okurken. hala sahneler aklıma geldikçe gülüyorum :)
Graham Mathews
Very Adams
Andrew
Wasn't as silly or funny as I was expecting.
Ана Хелс
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ако някой себеуважаващ се читател на фентъзи и фантастика все още не се е запознал с магна опуса на Дъглас Адамс за Пътеводителя на всичките поизгубени галактически стопаджии – веднага да метнете една пухкава хавлия на рамо и да тичате през глава да си поправяте почти непростимата грешка. За всички останали – помните ли великолепния меланхолично – суициден мърморко с роботско сърце Марвин? Сега си представете цял гигантофилски кораб натоварен до пръсване само с вариации на Марвиновци, кой от кой ...more
Jeffrey Sung
Meh. Despite the pedigree of author, this book is, and thus unfortunately reads like, a fanfic set in-Hitchhiker's Guide universe. Still, it has some okay one-liners, I suppose.
Melissa
I received the computer game of the same name a long time ago as a Christmas gift from my dad. Can it be really 10 years ago? I am a huge Douglas Adam's fan. Sharing this same love Adams, my dad knew I would love the game. I did. It took me two years to get through it playing by myself. I had so much fun.

Thinking that reading the book would continue the festivities, I purchased this book a couple of weeks ago. I started it this morning and when I got to page 98 when I suddenly knew how the rest
What is main contents on it? 2 10 Feb 19, 2012 10:06PM
  • The Deeper Meaning of Liff
  • The Road to Mars: A Post-Modem Novel
  • Wish You Were Here: The Official Biography of Douglas Adams
  • Red Dwarf Omnibus: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers & Better Than Life (Red Dwarf #1-2)
  • Whom God Would Destroy
  • First Contact-Or, It's Later Than You Think (Parrot Sketch Excluded)
  • Rex Libris, Volume I: I, Librarian (Rex Libris, #1-5)
  • The Pythons Autobiography by The Pythons
  • Class Dis-Mythed (Myth Adventures, #16)
Terence Graham Parry Jones is a Welsh comedian, screenwriter and actor, film director, children's author, popular historian, political commentator and TV documentary host. He is best known as a member of the Monty Python comedy team.
More about Terry Jones...